Rolling a Priest with Wotlk in Mind

Hey, I am thinking of rolling a horde priest as an alt. With wotlk in mind, and the racial changes what race would you recommend. It seems to me with the recent changes that BE are now the best horde priest race, or am I mistaken?

Re: Rolling a Priest with Wotlk in Mind

BE for PvE and PvP as far as I see it. Disappoints me considering I've had this Undead Priest since January 05 =/

I really believe that the Undead/Forsaken are the best race for Priests. Devouring Plague is a must have, and add that to their already existing racial, Cannibalize, and top it with Will of the Forsaken, you're good to go.

I made it to level 35 without dying, and that's not an easy task to accomplish. Couldn't have done it without those things I just mentioned.

I like Blood Elves, but for more intellectual classes, such as Mages and Warlocks. They're just a bit too squishy for my tastes as a priest, and yes, I have tried a Blood Elf priest. It all depends on your play style. For me it's the Forsaken. Priests are, by definition, pretty squishy, but the Forsaken at least strap on a pair and suck it up...sometimes literally.

Yeah Kalgan seems to have it in for the UD- he thinks they are too op and deserve a nerf.  Its a shame, if they didnt change the racials around I would enjoy a UD alot more than a BE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrol
    I really believe that the Undead/Forsaken are the best race for Priests.  Devouring Plague is a must have, and add that to their already existing racial, Cannibalize, and top it with Will of the Forsaken, you're good to go.

I made it to level 35 without dying, and that's not an easy task to accomplish.  Couldn't have done it without those things I just mentioned.

I like Blood Elves, but for more intellectual classes, such as Mages and Warlocks.  They're just a bit too squishy for my tastes as a priest, and yes, I have tried a Blood Elf priest.  It all depends on your play style.  For me it's the Forsaken.  Priests are, by definition, pretty squishy, but the Forsaken at least strap on a pair and suck it up...sometimes literally.
    They are making it so all priests can have devouring plague, and wotf is taking a nerf (no longer grants immunity). 

Will of the Forsaken is still nice in PvP but 2% resist all and a silence are pretty good too, I'd say this makes them about on par considering WotF no longer has a 5 second immunity.

PvE wise - Undead have nothing over any other race now since Devouring Plague is available to all priest. Blood Elves can now regen 6% mana every 2 minutes (is it 2?) and that makes it superior to any other horde PvE priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrol
    I really believe that the Undead/Forsaken are the best race for Priests. Devouring Plague is a must have, and add that to their already existing racial, Cannibalize, and top it with Will of the Forsaken, you're good to go.

I made it to level 35 without dying, and that's not an easy task to accomplish. Couldn't have done it without those things I just mentioned.

I like Blood Elves, but for more intellectual classes, such as Mages and Warlocks. They're just a bit too squishy for my tastes as a priest, and yes, I have tried a Blood Elf priest. It all depends on your play style. For me it's the Forsaken. Priests are, by definition, pretty squishy, but the Forsaken at least strap on a pair and suck it up...sometimes literally.
    Every priest will be getting devouring plague in the new build, no reason to roll undead just for that anymore. Basically its BE for PvE purposes and kinda of a toss up between UD and BE for PvP, prolly leaning towards UD still.

Basically as long as you don't roll a troll you're gonna be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    Actually in PvE troll racial beserking may well become more useful than what the others have to offer. Undead have nothing really for PvE, Belfs have mana regen on a GCD every 2 minutes. So I would say trolls are worth considering.

In terms of PvP, will of the forsaken is still very very powerful. So is a 2 second silence. ;p

Pick and choose mai friend.

The Silence is no longer on a GCD, No longer have to cast mana tap and you get a free 6% mana. Add in the 2% resist all and BE's are looking to be the best race, just nudging past UD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggle
    The Silence is no longer on a GCD, No longer have to cast mana tap and you get a free 6% mana. Add in the 2% resist all and BE's are looking to be the best race, just nudging past UD's.
    Arcane torrent using no GCD? Imba.

Troll haste ability is still signifiacnt for DPS PvE (no idea about healing).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    30% faster casting when you are about to die in pvp? 10% faster casting in pve (or 30% again after a huge swd crit?) Hell yeah I'd take it.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

IMO:

Alliance:
    PVE: Human - Racial Talents, 5% spirit, Fall of Humanity, Rep Buff
    PVP: Dwarf - Stoneform

Horde:
    PVE: Troll - Beserking
    PVP: BE - Arcane Torrent to AOE Silence ftw, or Scourge: WOTF while nerfed, still useful

With no more priest racial spells choosing your race is pretty much gonna mean squat. I personally disagree with making your race an asthetic only choice but that's the philosophy from the developers it seems so best to build a bridge and get over it.

As such it honnestly will mean nothing what race you take... if you want a 0.000001% advantage in your race selection my personal choices would be Troll for PvE and UD for PvP.

PvP
    While WotF got nerfed it will still break fear which is always a good ability to have up your sleeve. You can eat corpses for a bit of extra health and if in world pvp being able to be underwater for longer can be situationally useful. (Keep in mind my belief that your race choice effectively means squat).

PvE
    I believe Berserking probably has the highest dps effect out of the other choices, I don't think the BE mana return is going to be that useful for a class that is very mana effecient, any resistance fights don't boil down to having 5 or 10 more resist (you normally cap yourself). Some fights have fear mechanics in them so that is maybe a slight win to the UD but the fact is berserking can be used in every encounter for a dps increase every 3mins. If your'e smart and trigger it after a SW backlash you can get some nice haste returns from it.

Lastly... refer to my orginal point, your choice in race is gonna mean squat... any advantage any race has is going to be less than 0.000001% and not noticable... so i'd just go with whatever race you like the most.