Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Questions about Glyph of Flash of Light

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Due to the nature of Bacon. While you are healing one of the people in the radius for some AE damage they took your tank is still eating boss hits. The amount you healed on one of the other members of your party is the amount your tank gets. No overhealing. No full amount of the heal. Only what was healed.

If it stays the same bacon will let you get double FoL's on your tank and let you not dig into your mana pool with HL. But it wont let you Spam FoL on party members and expect to keep your tank up.
    Which is why I specified that your tank would be invincible in AoE encounters, it'd still find some use in non-AoE fights, like I said, but couldn't be used to solo heal your tank.

This brings up another thought, though, with Beacon/New Holy Shock coming down the tube, a lot of your healing strategies from TBC/Classic/Vanilla are out of the window, perhaps the glyphed form of FoL should be treated how it is? A relatively weak HoT spell? something interesting to cast between Holy Shocks?

We're also still waiting for the changes to the two Holy Judgement talents, which could be really awesome talents to tie all the new tools together. Keep your fingers crossed for Blizzard, they aren't TRYING to kill Holy, they just dont want it to be the single most useful spec for a Paladin any more.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Due to the nature of Bacon. While you are healing one of the people in the radius for some AE damage they took your tank is still eating boss hits. The amount you healed on one of the other members of your party is the amount your tank gets. No overhealing. No full amount of the heal. Only what was healed.
    No! The nature of Bacon is to clog your arteries!

But seriously, I think it would make a good combo in AoE fight. Basutai has some pretty good plan going there.

Just out of curiosity--how much are other HoTs ticking for? (Like Renew, etc.)

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    Which is why I specified that your tank would be invincible in AoE encounters, it'd still find some use in non-AoE fights, like I said, but couldn't be used to solo heal your tank.

This brings up another thought, though, with Beacon/New Holy Shock coming down the tube, a lot of your healing strategies from TBC/Classic/Vanilla are out of the window, perhaps the glyphed form of FoL should be treated how it is? A relatively weak HoT spell? something interesting to cast between Holy Shocks?

We're also still waiting for the changes to the two Holy Judgement talents, which could be really awesome talents to tie all the new tools together. Keep your fingers crossed for Blizzard, they aren't TRYING to kill Holy, they just dont want it to be the single most useful spec for a Paladin any more.

yes. with this glyph, our healing rotation will be completely off.

though I've gave it a bit more thought on glyphed FoL and I think it might be better than renew.

it's better because:
    haste stats do not affect instant cast spells' GCD. meaning everytime you cast a renew, you will have to wait 1.5sec to cast another renew. for FoL however, it will still have a cast time, but because GCD = cast time, we can effectively cast more HoTs in a short time than priests.

With BoL on the MT + massive haste stat on our gear, we can effectively group heal while keeping the tank up in raid situation.

scenario 1:
    assume you have enough haste to make FoL a 1sec cast time. you will be able to throw in at least 5 FoL HoT on 5 different people in 5 sec. depends whether your target has sacred shield on or not, your tank will effectively get 5 HoTs stacked on him.

you will still have holy shock and holy light you can use in emergency, and as long as your group is constantly getting AE and single target damage, you will have 100% healing efficiency. you can holy shock everytime it's up for instant Holy light. or stop a bit holy light a buddy.

yiptastic

in short,

BoL and this glyph is useless if we assume everyone will be topped off at any instance of time frame.

combined with the AE holy light, there's no reason we can't group heal.

and btw, if the entire raid is gonna take AE damage at 40 yard radius, there's really no point in spreading out. right? hope you get the point.