Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Why I'm incredibly Emo.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    You got freaking sweeeeeet looking t7. Seriously though, im sure priests, like druids, and paladins will be fine healing whatever dmg is thrown our way. Were the hybrid classes... we can accomplish anything!

/whispers ... do you have any idea how many dull nights in shatt ive stood in my bank trying on the various priest gear tier items cause of how nifty they look! :P

This pic really doesnt do it justice but here it is.
    I'm not worried bout not being able to heal as priests will prolly keep topping meters, just saying we are not getting any cool spells unlike druids and yes even pallies. Even my IMP DS is useless now ^^

But i gotta agree, priests sets are sexy ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lexan
    or course not your a priest thats your job, sit there and like your job clothy lol.
    Uncalled for >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    You got freaking sweeeeeet looking t7. Seriously though, im sure priests, like druids, and paladins will be fine healing whatever dmg is thrown our way. Were the hybrid classes... we can accomplish anything!

/whispers ... do you have any idea how many dull nights in shatt ive stood in my bank trying on the various priest gear tier items cause of how nifty they look! :P

This pic really doesnt do it justice but here it is.
    Question 1: Those T8 sets aren't actually official yet, are they?
    Question 2: If so, LINKS PLEASE!
    Question 3: Why do you have 3 ret paladins on the same server? O.o

And yes, I agree that priests will be fine. It's still 1+ month until release, and it has been said that they are still working on it. 2 weeks or less before WotLK is when you start worrying about your class being greatly underpowered.

LS, dont worry ill be sitting in my aldor bank trying on your t7 in a few months wishing it was plate and obtainable for me!

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia

Question 3: Why do you have 3 ret paladins on the same server? O.o
    thats exactly what i was thinking... had to read every post to see if he answered it, then you beat me to it
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I never mingled into this discussion because I have only basic knowledge of the Holy Paladin but why would you want another heal?

Because other classes have more heals than the Holy Paladin and you think that is unfair? Currently the Holy Paladin will still be taken along for raiding so why care?

Because you find spamming only 3 buttons boring? Oh please. And besides, adding a 4th button for mashing would not solve that problem.

So, what is the motivation behind the whole "We need another heal" QQ?

I'll give you what I see, and I am a end-game raiding Holy Paladin (we are on Muru)

In WotLK, we no longer have downranking. In SW being able to use HL 9 over HL 11 slashes my overhealing on average by 20%.

There is nothing in our 3 spells that addresses when we need a middle of the road heal. We either overheal badly or horribly (if it crits) with HL, or we put ourselves in a potential hole by using FoL, or we wait .25-.5 seconds and go HL and pray no damage spikes happen in next 2 secs. You can't spam HS (6 second cool), so you can't use that as a middle of the road heal.

In SW I can compete with any healer on RAW healing (within 15% either way), when it comes to effective healing, I am 55% less effective than any healer. Overhealing is going to be obscene for paladins if they don't give us a new heal option.

If we had a HoT on crit heal mechanic, we probably don't need a middle of the road heal as we will have a HoT rolling and can address the difference with FoL. Replace that complete garbage called JotP at tier 10, with a talent that does this. Instantly Deep Holy is the way to go for Holy.

We will still be a single target healer, we just have better tools to manage the HP's of that target.

Forget Gylph for FoL (only way we can get a HoT as Holy), I can't be using that during a raid, I need full effect of my FoL up front. Its a fantastic Gylph for solo/5 man action, useless to us in a raid environment.

The other thing I would like to see is our crit heals add an armor buff to our target.

Those two things (HoT and armor buff on critical heals), we will have the tools necessary to reduce overheals on our single target, which in turn will not only allow us to compete with other classes in effective healing, it will allow the other healers to more effectively do their jobs in the raid.

I have no desire to AoE heal, or to dance HoT's all over the raid. I do however want to be able to make intelligent choices on how to manage my single target.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann
    The other thing I would like to see is our crit heals add an armor buff to our target.
    Yea.. why not copy a priest talent
    That would do the trick :

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    thats exactly what i was thinking... had to read every post to see if he answered it, then you beat me to it
    LOL i'm pretty sure i've answered the question twice so far since I posted my sig but...

I rolled munkles my "healadin" 1-50 a confused bastards who couldnt do anything (my first toon and new to the game after bc was releases). 50-70 healadin learning the ropes. When all my original leveling buddies started to roll alts I said to myself; "I can roll and alt or I can go from good to great at what I do". Soo all my friends leveled their alts and twinked them all the way to 70. Resto shammies, destro locks, dreani priests etc (symbol of hope is bloody amazing). I continued to play my pally.

On the forums I posted on I was a long standing pally tank advocate before they became mainstream and was convinced they were just as good as any warrior, or druid. At the same time I was a ret-lol believer as well.

Well one day I got fed up with my guildmates and my then fiance (who had finished gearing up her tankadin) wanted a break for the e-drama, so we rolled alts and started a guild for ourselves (mostly for the shared gbank). When I was deciding to level an alt our guild was sorely in need of tanks (esp pally tanks) and when I would stare at all the available classes and races I determined that I didnt really want to play anything but a paladin. I like paladins /shrug. So I became the aoe tank for our aoe grind to 70.

Once my tankadin was 68 my guild drug him through kara the first half of kara with all of 9k armor and 8k hp ub. I quickly geared up and became the kara farm tank of choice due to my etensive experience with paladins, strengths and weaknesses.

It was about this point I made a controversial thread on wowheads paladin forums taking a nasty and unwarranted jab at our deplorable ret tree and ret brothers. After I think 25 pages of back and forth rants I decided I would try this abomination to the paladin talent tree and see what all the fuss was about. I mean it could only make me better right?

I started my retadin.

Meanwhile knowing I was going to trying this new ret thing out I decided to get some pieces of gear on my 70's and kinda get a sneak peak at ret @ 70. I was less than impressed at first but my ego made me continue to get gear and learn more about the spec... I mean if anyone can do it right it's got to be me right? After my last guild stopped raiding (bt/swp guild I was with for 2 short months) I decided I really had my fill of holy and that since I had seen all but 4 bosses in the game I'd rather not raid at all if I would have to do so healing. All the while speccing ret when possible for daily's, the odd bg, and filling in for people who need another schmuck for their 10 games.

Munkles was my intended Healadin and as such is 375alch/375ench Appolo is a JC/BS 375/371 Thorre is BS/Mining which in an perfect world will go bs/jc in WotLK if I ever can get back into the game. I would love to get them gear wise to a point where I can use them for their intended purpose but at the time I cancelled my account they were all spec'd ret for raiding/for daily's/for his intended purpose.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.