Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Why I'm incredibly Emo.

Quote Originally Posted by Heraro
    Paladins were never meant to be pure healing classes, your hybrids and that's why you never got more then 3 heals (shock, flash, holy light) original design of paladin was a warrior using holy damage and backup healer if needed, but as you all know that never came true at least not on 60's neither 70's
    The most stupid reason I ever heard, get your facts straight next time.
    All healing classes are hybrids, shamans are hybrids they can do either spell DPS or melee DPS and heal,
    priests are hybrids, they can heal in different ways with 2 trees or DPS with shadow,
    druids are hybrids, they can tank, spell DPS or melee DPS and heal.

Now back to the original poster, paladins didn't get any hots or aoe heals because it doesn't fit with their mechanics, and that is illumination and crit. Beacon of light actually fits with the mechanics, cause any crit you get on one target you get on the target of BoL and you gain mana back trough illumination, so it fits best so it fits best.
    However one very elegant way in which holy paladins could have been fixed would have been to give them one or two heal over time that could crit on each tick, and also be affected by illumination.
    And a hot that could crit would be quite unique as well, and even though some might argue it should go to druids since they are the kings of hots, I say paladins would deserve a criting hot since it fits best with their mechanic.

i think munk needs more pallies

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

I would but ive been at a loss for getting blizzard to add a true shockadin (ranged dps) tree.

In all seriousness I held and still hold the idea that in order to be the best at what I do, I need to understand what I do from all perspectives. Its a shame that munkles prot/holy/ret gear so far eclipses appolo/thorre is sad to me because I never had REAL reason to use appolo or thorre in any serious light. Appolo was my escape from frustrating guildies and allowed me to enjoy the true surviveability of my class as prot. If I can ever get back into WoW i'd love to seriously play all three and reduce the discrepancy in their gear levels.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marudas
    I mean, I flipped through the druid changes.
    Take a seat now, I'll start.

They get a HoT version of CoH
    Awesome a month ago, but got nerfed to HELL. Bandaging heals for more, even if you run around bandaging 5 people.

a version of Prayer of Mending (Living Seed)
    Requires you to crit. Druids don't stack or even desire +crit, so the only spell that will effectively leave a Seed is a talented regrowth. Woot @ 1k PoM.

and Nourish, which is a powerful verision of Flash of Light/Flash Heal.
    Regrowth heals for more, costs roughly the same thing, crits more (Seed, woo!) and leaves a window open for swiftmend. Nourish is, atm, a gimmicky spell. Blues said they'd tweak it somehow because of that, I bet on regrowth being nerfed.

And what with the glyph for Healing touch, it just seems like they have all the options and accessories.
    Most useless glyph in game. Check my post here if you want a quick run-down.

My point is: while I agree pallies aren't getting much love, that's not only about your class. Grass ain't greener on the other side. All healers are getting a lot of "heals for more/faster" talents and little to no fun on healing, like always.

At least I can root indoors, and you can shock people to life. Woot?

Hoku,

You seem like an experienced druid so perhaps you can settle this then.

In mythic one of my officers was a gent who had a holy priest, resto druid, resto shammy, holy pally. All of which were badge/t5+ geared and whenever we would do our weekly lol kara runs he would ramble ad nausiem how his druid was vastly superior to his other healers. Mind you as such his druid was his main and was the best geared of the bunch, but he'd tell me that there was no class as versatile, as capable, and as adept at healing as his druid.

What you seem to say indicates that druids were either never very good, or that they got nerfed recently to the ground. What in particular is so terrible about druids? They always seemed to have the appropriate spell for the circumstance at least from what I could see.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I never mingled into this discussion because I have only basic knowledge of the Holy Paladin but why would you want another heal?

Because other classes have more heals than the Holy Paladin and you think that is unfair? Currently the Holy Paladin will still be taken along for raiding so why care?

Because you find spamming only 3 buttons boring? Oh please. And besides, adding a 4th button for mashing would not solve that problem.

So, what is the motivation behind the whole "We need another heal" QQ?

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by peewee672
    Don't worry, we can still beat enhancement shamans in duels with full hp :P
    I'm afraid that won't happen unless they removed my Purge and blizz made bubble time 30sec 8)
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Hoku,

You seem like an experienced druid so perhaps you can settle this then.

In mythic one of my officers was a gent who had a holy priest, resto druid, resto shammy, holy pally. All of which were badge/t5+ geared and whenever we would do our weekly lol kara runs he would ramble ad nausiem how his druid was vastly superior to his other healers. Mind you as such his druid was his main and was the best geared of the bunch, but he'd tell me that there was no class as versatile, as capable, and as adept at healing as his druid.

What you seem to say indicates that druids were either never very good, or that they got nerfed recently to the ground. What in particular is so terrible about druids? They always seemed to have the appropriate spell for the circumstance at least from what I could see.

who the hell rolls 4 healers

Rawr, I dont necessarily think we need another heal so much as I would like to see something talented like what has already happened with the glyphs. Then make the glyphs only add to awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by dannytrejo

His main's name was sinnargy, and the man had some chops for heals. I asked him the same question and he said he just really liked healing. Sometimes he wanted to be able to do kara with different groups of his friends each week and to him his variety was different styles of healers. Always baffled me but he enjoyed it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cus&n=Sinnargy

Not even close to swp gear, but he knew how to play and was someone who I greatly enjoyed playing with.

Actually, I didn't say neither druids are bad or got nerfed.

Druids are very capable healers, versatile like no other class (even being mana-inefficient when put on certain tasks, like healing Fel Rages on Bloodboil instead of groups with Blood Boil), and only got good news regarding the current state on live, like the enhanced spirit-based mana regen on 2.4, regrowth turning into an efficient heal, etc. All in all, there's nothing terrible about druids right now, and even tho it's not perfect I'm quite happy.

You can notice I only negatively mentioned new/future spells.

From ToL and upwards (aka. WotLK stuff), we've got good~awesome talents. But from a few patches on, at every patch some became worse and worse, to the point of ending up passable, skippable, bad, horrible or even jokes - yes, I'm dead serious about Wild Growth/Flourish and even Nourish. I could point the talents going bad and my reasoning, but I'm already off-topic here and I don't want to crit anyone with a wall of text (oops, too late).

Anyway, this is where my complaint is, and not only about druids but all healing classes - and that's the only reason I posted here, as I'm no pally. We're (all) getting silly talents among one or two that for certain classes aren't even tree-defining. Check a shaman's 61-pt restoration talent and laugh; I know it's prone to change, but it must be a bad joke. Check a destruction warlock's 61-pt talent: it's their highest DPM, DPS, DPCT spell and pierces through absorptions. It's not a bloat, not a joke and not useless: it's defining a tree as a powerful spell in multiple aspects and that's going to be used because it's that good.

This, imo, is the treatment every class should be getting.

Btw, druids at Kara really outshines other classes, specially when outgearing it. Rolling HoTs on two tanks and having close to none splash damage to be AoE healed pretty much covers most of the job, and leaves little space for direct heals. At least that's the usual complaint I hear from paladins :P

Quote Originally Posted by dannytrejo

Some people enjoy healing.

Hoku,

Thanks for taking the time to explain in a little more depth. I guess then if druids were in such a good state in live, why add healing spells as opposed to perhaps tweaking one of their dynamics to make it more interesting and more effecitve?

I did often find that while I could always beat his other healers in our kara runs, by the time we go past curator his effective heals had eclipsed mine and i could never quite catch up. Usually ending our runs at a 54%-46% split.

I remember one night I was teaching my fledgling guild how to raid so I brought along a decently geared healadin (1500+) and a poorly geared tree (1300+) and did 89% of the effective healing. They told me it was all in how much my t5 eclipsed them and my 2k +healing was impossible to beat. Ironically after my come to Jesus talk with both after the raid the tree did some research and turned himself into one helluva healer. The healadin wouldnt listen to any of us and was eventually bitched off the server after bouncing from guild to guild for a few months trying to say noone ever gave her a fair shot. /shrug

All that to say I <3 my tree friends, but I woudnt wanna be one.

um pally's can do 3 specs and healing isn;t that bad and hopefully won't be with the new patch and i'm hoping alot of raid dmg so healers will have to actually work and not be lazy.

Yeqa i agree pally's sh9ould get at least 1 hot, sacred shield just isn't like that big "umph" to show pally's that are actually diverce in thier healing, beacon of light should go back to being the raid wide hit, but i thinik it should be limited tothe target it's cast on and maybe 4 targets around them, or maybe have the healing to the other people be 50% of what the person with beacon is getting healed for.

Holy Priests got nothing new. Am I complaining? No.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    This is why we're not allowed to equip daggers...
    LOL, nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by ÆONFLUX
    LOL, nice one.
    LOL epic

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    You got freaking sweeeeeet looking t7. Seriously though, im sure priests, like druids, and paladins will be fine healing whatever dmg is thrown our way. Were the hybrid classes... we can accomplish anything!

/whispers ... do you have any idea how many dull nights in shatt ive stood in my bank trying on the various priest gear tier items cause of how nifty they look! :P

This pic really doesnt do it justice but here it is.

or course not your a priest thats your job, sit there and like your job clothy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexan
    um pally's can do 3 specs and healing isn;t that bad and hopefully won't be with the new patch and i'm hoping alot of raid dmg so healers will have to actually work and not be lazy.
    This "class can fill 48 roles" card is getting really old... Priests, shamans and paladins can have 3 different specs (yes, I'm including Disc), druids can have 4. Who's going to pay for their versatility? Nobody.

About raid damage... you're so so wrong. I'd explain but I get priests and shamans pissed at me every time :P

Blizz would leave every healing spec as is and we'd do just fine. But 10 levels, several new raids and a whole continent is coming up; are you sure you're ok on staying the same?