Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What is the target limit? We are going to remove the target limit on Swipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirralfire
    If you run in a tight circle all the mobs will stay on the inside of the circle at a single point and never try to surround you.
    Then make a larger circle, it's not rocket science.

I agree with Porphy on this.
    It's a buff, and if you find any problems with this newly gained buff then find an easy solution by yourself first before pointing fingers at blizzard and ask for a 360 swipe.

You basically have to do the same as you do now, the only change is that you don't have to switch targets anymore.
    Just like Morganaugh said, no frantically changing targets anymore is cool. Stop complaining.

Now I still don't understand why some of you throw away all the advice given to you.
    Walking backwards, standing in a corner, or just plain simple not tanking 30 mobs on your own. You should have more than one tank in your raid you know.

@ Jur, You shouldn't really be using Mangle anyway. And you can just queue up a Maul. Simple as that.
    On that note, I'm a solid advocate of changing "Slice and Dice" to "Clonk and Bonk" when maces are equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Renya
    @ Jur, You shouldn't really be using Mangle anyway. And you can just queue up a Maul. Simple as that.
    With Berserk active, Maul and Mangle become as important as a Swipe spam for multi-targets. Mangle is also very effective to ensure a single target will not leave you, irregardless of other mobs; which is useful in pulls that feature one elite and a load of non-elites.

To ensure the maximum multi-target threat, a Druid will still want to switch targets rapidly to Maul as many as possible. This ability is off the GCD, so might as well be used for maximum effectiveness. The problem with back pedaling, is that Maul mostly becomes "out of range". True one could stop every 2.5 seconds to ensure the Maul lands, but it would be beneficial for all Bears to learn to turn and re-target as frequently as every Maul lands.

For example go into deadmines, pull everything, you'll see the mobs will surround you more then 180 degrees of the swipe.

I would assume if we are to tank that many, we need to start turning in a circle
    it's very important to never let mobs surround you, you can't dodge/parry/block their attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by jur
    With Berserk active, Maul and Mangle become as important as a Swipe spam for multi-targets. Mangle is also very effective to ensure a single target will not leave you, irregardless of other mobs; which is useful in pulls that feature one elite and a load of non-elites.

To ensure the maximum multi-target threat, a Druid will still want to switch targets rapidly to Maul as many as possible. This ability is off the GCD, so might as well be used for maximum effectiveness. The problem with back pedaling, is that Maul mostly becomes "out of range". True one could stop every 2.5 seconds to ensure the Maul lands, but it would be beneficial for all Bears to learn to turn and re-target as frequently as every Maul lands.
    True, Berserk + Maul Glyph are very useful. And ofcourse I'll use mangle a lot more during Berserk time.
    But you can't always have it enabled.

I use a neat trick for not having to stop every 2-3 seconds. Instead of going backwards in a straight line, Try to zig zag. You won't loose any threat due to not being in range.
    Zig zagging backwards + going in a circle will probably fix the whole swipe cone whine.
    (Or just get a damn cornor)
    On that note, I'm a solid advocate of changing "Slice and Dice" to "Clonk and Bonk" when maces are equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by marvv89
    i hope there won´t be a target limit with wotlk.
    then tanking will be funny :-)

http://www.pennergame.de/change_please/7655730/
    Most likely there will be a damage hardcap. Its a new mechanic with WotLK affecting various AE-Spells.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

All I have to say about this thread is that as soon as the change went through I went into SM Cath.

I pulled the entire lower area killing the majority in about 5 seconds while having to deal with ones that ran out of Swipe range at the end. Then I went up and opened the door to Cath and pulled the outside + Mograine. I really felt like I was on a Mage watching all of the 1025+ damage crits lighting up on so many targets.

It was absolutely awesome.

Koumaru

I did the same thing in the Stockades. Pulled the whole damned dungeon, then let 'em all have it.

I left Thorns off so that Recount wouldn't start the damage timer until the first Swipe...

I've never broken 3000 dps on my druid before. It was fun finally pulling it off. ;D