Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Race for a DK Tank on Alliance

Ive decided im going to be a DK tank for raids when WOTLK is out so was just wondering what ppl think is the best race to go for tanking on alliance side.

I was thinking of a dwarf cus of stone form but am not sure yet so just wanted to see what other ppl think

Deleted

Re: Best Race for a DK Tank on Alliance

Humans, I think would be the best.

dwurf

what would make u choose them races ?

No way humans! Night elves mate, they will dominate! Before the racial changes NE had 1% dodge = 1% avoidness. But with the changes they will get 2% reduce chance to be hit by melee or range, now thats = 2% avoidness!! and thats ALOT! you can get higher stamina sockets or what ever instead of reaching that cap of avoidness thx to Quickness racial ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalx
    what would make u choose them races ?
    stone form own tbh

but nelfs will be nice as well

Nelfs because of the new quickness change, stoneform is situational

I agree with the Night Elf suggestion.

2% of free avoidence = win.

The only (Maybe advantage) part of Human racial - Expertise - as a DK Tank is trying to DW tank. a DW tanker will need crap load of expertise to avoid being crushed by the parries and ofcorse some hit ratting too. Getting high expertise as DW tank wont be much of problem because the DK tank will hold both 1h tanking weapon and thats where the DW DK tank will look for his 1h high expertise weapon and grab 2x of em if possible.

But again this is more of a theorycraft, tanking with DW...

Quote Originally Posted by badrsadiq
    The only (Maybe advantage) part of Human racial - Expertise - as a DK Tank is trying to DW tank. a DW tanker will need crap load of expertise to avoid being crushed by the parries and ofcorse some hit ratting too. Getting high expertise as DW tank wont be much of problem because the DK tank will hold both 1h tanking weapon and thats where the DW DK tank will look for his 1h high expertise weapon and grab 2x of em if possible.

Lolwut?

No DK will EVER tank (anything serious) as DW. 5 Man quests and non-heroic 5 man's don't count.

Two words.

Parry gibbed.

why do u say a dwarf wud never tank anything serious then cur ??

Quote Originally Posted by badrsadiq

They removed crushing blows.

He said a dual-wielding DK will never tank anything serious because of the increased chance to be parried. Altho if you are Expertise capped it shouldn't matter anyways (which dwarves get more mace expertise than humans get mace/sword expertise) so if dks will still be able to use maces in LK then dwarves would have that over humans also.

But as much as I like dwarves, (and my dk will be one) for tanking Nelf wins, 2% avoidance when they have stated they intend avoidance to be harder to come by, is what will win. Death knights for killing tho.. go dwarves (provided as I said they continue to allow maces to be used)!

BTW parry doesn't cause crushing, it causes a reset (or faster) swing timer for the next swing.

Dwarf - Stoneform(situational), 2% reduction to be hit by Frost

Night Elf - 2% dodge, 3% reduction to be hit by Nature spells

I think it'll be more situational for which race is best for tanking. I'm rolling Dwarf for the looks and I think Frost reduction will be > Nature in WOLK (notice all the UD and snow?!?)

Oh yea, wtf happened to dwarfs getting mace specialization?!? I know I've seen a blue post about it before.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=1&sid=2000#0

Ok there's Kalgan saying Dwarfs get mace expertise.

Sure 2% dodge > 5 expertise in terms of stat cost, however, thats one less threat gem that can go to stam/defense

All in all Dwarfs offer help to a variety of situations rather than just physical avoidance.

dwarves and night elves

dreanai comes in a close 2nd for the self heal and +hit

dwarves gets stoneform in addition to lichbourne and built in frost resist

night elves gets 2% to dodge, however, i rather have this for unholy spec for the ability to shadowmeld in combat
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Nelfs for avoidance, Dwarfs/Humans for threat.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    dreanai comes in a close 2nd for the self heal and +hit
    gift of the naaru is worthless for a tank, while casting you cant dodge/parry and the long cooldown makes it useless

well it seems everyone thinks either a dwarf or a night elf so need to decide wich one of them is the best

Tbh, choose the race you prefer! No point playing a game if you're restraining your fun .. because you play for fun !
    I personally love dwarfs ( gnomes are better imo), because they look cool, and they have stoneform which makes picking a dwarf not a big handicap for future raiding.