Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: WotLK Loot, DK and Warrior changes, blue posts

"Unending Fury changed to increase damage of Slam, Whirlwind and Bloodthirst by 2/4/6/8/10% (it no longer offers a rage discount)." Fury are indeed saved we might even do great dmg before the hitcap^^

15+ Year Old Account

Anyone else think the 'black' drake looks more orange/red? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Finally they came out with the truth. DK will be able to do everything ...

I´am a Raid Leader and NO ! DK will never get a tank plate item when a def warrior wants it.
    So even if said DK tank is a better tank a better player then your warrior he still cant have tanking gear? I'm guessing healers have no rights to spellpower gear either (despite the removal of healer gear).

get with times, warriors are not the only tanks anymore. glad i'm not in your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Direknyte
    Anyone else think the 'black' drake looks more orange/red? ???
    yep but still blacker than a Red Drake

Anyone know what's up with the proto dragon mounts?

I know they're flying mounts but I didn't get any wind of where you can get them.

IMO, they look so much cooler than the drakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Facktotum
    Are you refering to rogues being overpowered in beta or right now? Wait let me guess you are talking about pvp?

As of right now rogues in beta are way from overpowered. The combat tree is still a total mess and we have to use a spec thats been hiding in the bowels of our class for the last year. Using mutilate as our main spec you can clearly see that we are far away from the numbers we had before 3.0/wotlk comes out.

The rogue class is not the 1. Dps class anymore. Any rogue with a sane argument will agree with me and the concerns we have been going trough in this beta are still lying in front of us attached to a piece of string.

So do not speak from your ass and say rogues are overpowered because we are not anymore.

Do not even talk about pvp. Its a whole different story. This game is not just a bunch of gladiators fighting the arena.
    Why so serious man? Of course I meant for pvp. And who cares about beta? The game isnt out until November so save the tears for a couple of weeks first. My original statement regarding smiling still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Darv101
    Anyone know what's up with the proto dragon mounts?
    Some of them are achievement base, if I recall correctly.
    See here for example:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?achievement=2145

Look under 'Rewards'

On splitting cloth into different categories:
    One way would be to separate gear with straight mp5 from other gear; it tends to be inferior to other gear, but it is still usable. Another way would be to separate out gear that has NO regen stats, since that's either straight DPS gear, or holy pally gear (lol). Could separate out spirit, as said, but that's not a particularly great way to differentiate either. Separating out gear with spell hit maybe? Even there, I've run into a few pieces of spell hit gear that isn't bad for healing either (high spirit).

On weapon speeds:
    I think Blizz has taken to balancing classes and making upgrades bigger upgrades by changing certain items. See daggers in badges and Sunwell in 2.4 to try and make dagger rogues better, and making most current weapons .1-.2sec slower/faster than ideal (1.6sec offhands, 2.5sec mainhands, 3.5sec 2-handers). Once weapons of the right speed come around, they'll be bigger upgrades than just the ilvl should dictate.

On WoWhead's spell crit:
    Just use melee hit/crit/haste. For example, here is a list of all the current level 80 stuff with spell crit and spirit (including leather stuff, just ignore it; wish wowhead would allow a [(A or B) and (C)] search instead of just All or Any).

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    On splitting cloth into different categories:
    One way would be to separate gear with straight mp5 from other gear; it tends to be inferior to other gear, but it is still usable. Another way would be to separate out gear that has NO regen stats, since that's either straight DPS gear, or holy pally gear (lol). Could separate out spirit, as said, but that's not a particularly great way to differentiate either. Separating out gear with spell hit maybe? Even there, I've run into a few pieces of spell hit gear that isn't bad for healing either (high spirit).
    On WoWhead's spell crit:
    Just use melee hit/crit/haste. For example, here is a list of all the current level 80 stuff with spell crit and spirit (including leather stuff, just ignore it; wish wowhead would allow a [(A or B) and (C)] search instead of just All or Any).
    Thank you. For me, I've just been straight ignoring anything without regen and with hit; I figure the rest of that is "viable" healing gear. But you're right, even some items with hit have high spirit, so I don't know. Anything goes, I guess?

The best way I've come up with is to separate out those items that have two DPS ratings (haste and/or crit and/or hit), but that doesn't necessarily work because shammies and especially pallies might be after those for healing as well. Could do spirit AND regen in a category too, as they make very poor dps items, but there's also only a tiny handful of them right now.

My suggestion would really just be to let the classes figure it out for themselves. Healer classes should be able to tell pretty fast what's a potential healer item and what's not, and for DPS classes I recommend having a rough weighting for dmg/crit/haste/hit, and making use of Firefox's search function combined with Google's calculator.

15+ Year Old Account

Wiping honor pts wasn't such a big deal as people exclaim it to be, but going to wipe out all the marks the players have collected was just plain dumb. Especially for battlegroups where the faction hardly win matches in.

high spirit =/= healing gear. All casters want spirit now too, so there's nothing saying "omg spirit! healer gear!" ESPECIALLY if it has Hit, that is caster gear through and through.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Why is it that warriors always get nerfed hardcore, its always "warriors are so OP." does anyone ever think about how easily a warrior is kited by a frost mage, or drained life by an SL/SL lock with 15k HP, or think about how retardedly OP druids are. NO! you dont....warriors always get nerfed and always will get nerfed, why is there even a warrior class...."sometimes I think to myself."

*Refrigerator Lvl70 Tauren Warrior Sen'jin US* .....To stubborn to reroll

Quote Originally Posted by Refrigerator
    Why is it that warriors always get nerfed hardcore, its always "warriors are so OP." does anyone ever think about how easily a warrior is kited by a frost mage, or drained life by an SL/SL lock with 15k HP, or think about how retardedly OP druids are. NO! you dont....warriors always get nerfed and always will get nerfed, why is there even a warrior class...."sometimes I think to myself."

*Refrigerator Lvl70 Tauren Warrior Sen'jin US* .....To stubborn to reroll
    The game isn't balanced for 1v1. Warriors are OP with support, that's why your asses get nerfed. Try getting some friends, it's called a massively multiplayer game for a reason.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.