Shadow Priest Question about Haste?

Haste is nice. Melting faces faster than a speeding train can't be all that bad. I have heard that Mind Sear is now affected by haste. As far as I knew, Channeled spells were not effected by haste, does anyone know if Mind Flay is to be used with haste as well? And what exactly would haste do these spells too? Would it be the same damage we would normally do in a shorter casting time?

I am rather a bit of a haste noob. Never really found myself using items with plus haste in BC because they poked their head out when Zul'Aman came out and even then, not many players used +haste items. In Wrath items though, I see plenty of haste on items that Spriests as well as Warlocks will now be wanting.

I suppose I just would like some insight on how haste items would be benificial to a raiding Shadow Priest.

Re: Shadow Priest Question about Haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros
    Haste is nice. Melting faces faster than a speeding train can't be all that bad. I have heard that Mind Sear is now affected by haste. As far as I knew, Channeled spells were not effected by haste, does anyone know if Mind Flay is to be used with haste as well? And what exactly would haste to these spells do? Would it be the same damage we would normally do in a shorter casting time?

I am rather a bit of a haste noob. Never really found myself using items with plus haste in BC because they poked their head out when Zul'Aman came out and even then, not many players used +haste items. In Wrath items though, I see plenty of haste on items that Spriests as well as Warlocks will now be wanting.

I suppose I just would like some insight on how haste items would be benificial to a raiding Shadow Priest.
    like any other spells it lowers the channel/cast time of the spell and gcd
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Spells with a cast bar is generally affected by haste.

As far as I knew, Channeled spells were not effected by haste
    Youre wrong. That answers the post.

Flying through MF faster = win.

I play a Warlock, so not sure exactly how Haste affects SPriests. But I do know that it does speed up channeled spells so that they do the same damage in a smaller amount of time. So for example Drain Life is usually 5 sec with a tick every second, while mine is something like 4.77 seconds with a tick every .95 sec or so.

Much thanks to Funkatron. You gave me insight as to how channeled spells are effected by haste. Thank you so much.

And Derevka, perhaps in the future of telling someone 'they are wrong.' and not answering posts in a logical and beneficial sence, you can explain 'Why' the poster was wrong and help them understand. I thought I was wrong, thus I made a questionary post.

Channeled spells are already affected by haste in live - have been for quite a while.

basicly in a raid with shamans i'm making MF casting time go down to 1.74 secodnds and after new patch MF will crit

win? =))))

tick will be every 0.58 seconds.

but i f u count when MF casting speed unbuffed (300 haste) is 2.5 seconds. meaning in 10 seconds u can do 4 MFs instead of 3, and again when it crits = win!

For shadow priests at end-game in TBC, haste is win.

At around 1400 shadow damage, if properly played, 1 haste = 1 spell damage.

So the Brooch of Natures Mercy, a healing neck, becomes a good neck for shadow when you add it's stats together:

24 spell damage + 33 haste = 57+ total spell damage

The theorycraft and testing is explained in detail on shadowpriest.com. No idea how this will change in 3.0.

^^ well played sir. shadowpriest.com answers 95% of the question you would ever have about a spriest.