1. #1

    Please give us some hope....

    Please give us SOMETHING. Shadowpriests have been nerfed, forgotten about and kicked out in the cold for so long. PLEASE give us SOMETHING to look forward to other than "we are working on it".

    Fear, our only CC all other classes have at least 2 ways of getting out of it and we have NOTHING to counter it other than bending over and spreading our butt cheeks! Guys enough is enough!

  2. #2

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    OH STOP THE QQ TRAIN ALREADY FFS

  3. #3

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    Quote Originally Posted by boboid
    OH STOP THE QQ TRAIN ALREADY FFS
    ROARRR
    I agree.

  4. #4

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    WAH!

    I agree also

  5. #5

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    I'll stop whining when Blizzard stops nerfing the F##### out of shadowpriests and gives us something we can work with.

  6. #6

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    What exactly are your fears/worries/problems with shadowpriests at the moment?
    >:7

    Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

  7. #7

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    No really at least you have CC...

  8. #8

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    My fears are that Blizzard will ignore shadowpriests again for another xpac.

    My worries are that Blizzard will continue to ignore the shadowpriests concerns.

    My problem is shadowpriests really have no way of defending themselves other than fear and all classes have a definate way of getting out of fear. I dont have much of a problem with that, but fear is a 30 second cooldown and after we cast fear, we are at the mercy of the other toon. If it is a melee we are done. For example rogues will hit their cloak of shadows which clears off all of a shadowpriests dots and they are immune for a short time. Which is ok for them, however the poor shadowpriest has lost 1/2 of their mana and is about to get stun locked for the next 20-30 seconds. Im not sure what the hell warriors are doing now to be immune to fear, but I havent feared a warrior more than 2 seconds in almost 6 months. Ret pallys (i understand they are being worked on...but omfg) its embassing at this point. The only reason why I still play the shadowpriest is because I have put so much time into it. Dont get me wrong, I am hoping that Blizzard does something. I know the game must evolve, I have a little faith left. But please, if you take something from a class please give something back. Sorry if you think I'm whining, but I love me class. I dont want to play anything else, but it suckes to get your ass kicked by a healing class because you run out of mana, and the toon u have been dpsing is full health and full mana.

  9. #9

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    Quote Originally Posted by hannibaal
    My fears are that Blizzard will ignore shadowpriests again for another xpac.

    My worries are that Blizzard will continue to ignore the shadowpriests concerns.

    My problem is shadowpriests really have no way of defending themselves other than fear and all classes have a definate way of getting out of fear. I dont have much of a problem with that, but fear is a 30 second cooldown and after we cast fear, we are at the mercy of the other toon. If it is a melee we are done. For example rogues will hit their cloak of shadows which clears off all of a shadowpriests dots and they are immune for a short time. Which is ok for them, however the poor shadowpriest has lost 1/2 of their mana and is about to get stun locked for the next 20-30 seconds. Im not sure what the hell warriors are doing now to be immune to fear, but I havent feared a warrior more than 2 seconds in almost 6 months. Ret pallys (i understand they are being worked on...but omfg) its embassing at this point. The only reason why I still play the shadowpriest is because I have put so much time into it. Dont get me wrong, I am hoping that Blizzard does something. I know the game must evolve, I have a little faith left. But please, if you take something from a class please give something back. Sorry if you think I'm whining, but I love me class. I dont want to play anything else, but it suckes to get your ass kicked by a healing class because you run out of mana, and the toon u have been dpsing is full health and full mana.
    Please tell me you're joking...

    As a Retadin - I've almost always lost to a decent SPriest... you must just suck

  10. #10

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    re-read, i said recent changes

  11. #11

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    Are you saying you PvP with Shadow Priest?

    I dont mean to sound so stereotypical when I'm saying this but I have to say this.

    In my opinion, I think Shadow Priest belongs to raid, Disc belongs to PvP/Arena, and Holy suits for both. But then again, I could be wrong because I'm seeing some Shadow Priest with some of the Disc build dominate in Battleground and Arena as well.

    My suggestion, why dont you try and test out some of the disc build with a mix of shadow build and try if you can last with good gears.

    But then again, Blizzard do ignore Shadow priest because there's no problem with Shadow Priest that is making a blip on Blizzard's Nerf-radar.

  12. #12

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    I have tried holy and disc. I do not enjoy them like I enjoy shadowpriests. If that is blizzards intent, then fine I will go play one of my other toons. But it is not my preference.

    Wasnt it the design of the game that any class could pvp? I play on a PVP server so yes, I am very much concerned about PVP and also raiding.

  13. #13

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    I didn't say you MUST play Disc or Holy. You can try hybrid between Disc/Shadow, it increase survival in PvP quite nicely.

  14. #14

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    I remember 2 1/2 years ago when all the other classes were crying that shadowpriests were too overpowered and they couldnt do anything. Now, the tables are turned and things have shifted to far to the other side. I think is good that other classes have ways to counter other abilities, however in the case of priests, we need something, it doesnt have to be as drastic as a fear just something that allows us to defend ourself better. You cant buff other classes without buffing all of them one way or the other. Share the love.

  15. #15

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    Quote Originally Posted by hannibaal
    Fear, our only CC all other classes have at least 2 ways of getting out of it and we have NOTHING to counter it other than bending over and spreading our butt cheeks! Guys enough is enough!
    Technically - all other classes have exactly 1 way of getting out of it. Trinket. We also have a trinket. Some have other counters to the fear, undead rogues for example, but we have more than 1 way too.

    Dispersion massively buffs our survivability in PvP. 100% crit massively buffs our burst and therefore viabilty. Fade removing snares is absurdly good.

    I believe at 80 we also get the desperate hymn something or other with an incapacitate on chars within 10 yards and a heal. Yes? That would be CC.

    Anyhow. As said above, and in a bunch of other posts, QQ constructively or do it alone in a dark room.

  16. #16

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Technically - all other classes have exactly 1 way of getting out of it. Trinket. We also have a trinket. Some have other counters to the fear, undead rogues for example, but we have more than 1 way too.

    Dispersion massively buffs our survivability in PvP. 100% crit massively buffs our burst and therefore viabilty. Fade removing snares is absurdly good.

    I believe at 80 we also get the desperate hymn something or other with an incapacitate on chars within 10 yards and a heal. Yes? That would be CC.

    Anyhow. As said above, and in a bunch of other posts, QQ constructively or do it alone in a dark room.
    I second that.

    We will have more then enough survivability in both arenas and bgs. The only real problem in bg's is when you get zerged by 3 or more opponents, but well, that's a problem for all classes except maybe sl/sl locks

    I cannot wait for wotlk (and 3.0 before it) to come out as i believe we won't be so easily crushed by meleecraft anymore. Although i didn't have a single problem with warriors when i reached the resilience cap.

    Spriests ftw!

  17. #17

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    rogues have 1 specific pve spec and 1 specific pvp spec.

    pve spec is not very good at pvp.
    pvp spec is not very good at pve.

    same for warriors.
    same for warlocks.

    when you spec something, don't expect it'll break ice in every domain of the game.

    if you don't like some aspects of your hyrid class, choose another.

    Blizz is already doing great work in balancing 30 different gameplays (10classes x 3 specs), and we all know that it won't be engraved in marble when WLK goes out. They'll keep tuning and balancing.

    Of course you can complain about the way Blizzard make your class ans spec evolving. It may not be the way you would have prefered.

    If you don't want to take that risk,
    if you don't trust them,
    if you don't like the game,
    do not play it.

    If you ultimately want to trust Blizzard but you think your point of view is worth arguing, start writing better posts, and write them at the good place.

  18. #18

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    Hey Ntrails:

    Yea we do have something like that, its called divine hymn. But the only thing is its a holy spell so its really hard on our mana pool. Not to mention if your target has dots, which we all know is more than likely, it will knock them out of sleep.

    On a side note: Yeah I am tired of all all the QQ (myself included) with the fate of Shadowpriests, so I have decided to shelve the priest and use my lock until the haze clears up. We get the run around when we question our PvP/DPS/Utility - all they can come up with is... "We arent done yet". So just sit back and relax, we got a month to welcome in wotlk.



  19. #19

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    Exactly, welcome it, not hate it.

  20. #20

    Re: Please give us some hope....

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltbeard
    Are you saying you PvP with Shadow Priest?

    I dont mean to sound so stereotypical when I'm saying this but I have to say this.

    In my opinion, I think Shadow Priest belongs to raid, Disc belongs to PvP/Arena, and Holy suits for both. But then again, I could be wrong because I'm seeing some Shadow Priest with some of the Disc build dominate in Battleground and Arena as well.

    My suggestion, why dont you try and test out some of the disc build with a mix of shadow build and try if you can last with good gears.

    But then again, Blizzard do ignore Shadow priest because there's no problem with Shadow Priest that is making a blip on Blizzard's Nerf-radar.

    Well as i see it SP has done just as good job in PVP as BGs i dont like arena cos its just about luck what you are against and too min/maxing for my taste but. Anyways My SP has done fine in BG ofc it loosses sometimes and wins sometimes but i like to use it as in bit back of main force as an support where it is good as priest in general is more a support class. IMO


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •