Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Inner Fire WTF?!

I thought the plan was to move Imp. PW:S from 'tier 2' to 'tier 3'. Doing such would give Shadow Priests the boost from the new Inner Fire. Instead, they took away Imp PW:F and switched that from 'Tier 2' to 'Tier 3'. Blizz confirmed that the switching of Imp Shield to Imp Inner Fire would be good for all Priests, so why would they go and take away our bonus to Imp Fort! Something we sure as hell need alot more than shield!

( This is the post about Switching Inner Fire to Tier 2 and bringing Shield into Tier 3, where blizz said they would get right on that. )
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/10043...nner-fire.html

Does anyone know why exactly they went back on their word and removed something that was benefical to all priests? The reason I am QQ'ing over this is because now we need to spend more points in Disc just to get a bonus to Fort. If they kept their word and switched with Imp Shield, we would not be having this point problem. >

Re: Inner Fire WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros
    I thought the plan was to move Imp. PW:S from 'tier 2' to 'tier 3'. Doing such would give Shadow Priests the boost from the new Inner Fire. Instead, they took away Imp PW:F and switched that from 'Tier 2' to 'Tier 3'. Blizz confirmed that the switching of Imp Shield to Imp Inner Fire would be good for all Priests, so why would they go and take away our bonus to Imp Fort! Something we sure as hell need alot more than shield!

( This is the post about Switching Inner Fire to Tier 2 and bringing Shield into Tier 3, where blizz said they would get right on that. )
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/10043...nner-fire.html

Does anyone know why exactly they went back on their word and removed something that was benefical to all priests? The reason I am QQ'ing over this is because now we need to spend more points in Disc just to get a bonus to Fort. If they kept their word and switched with Imp Shield, we would not be having this point problem. >
    its just like the 45% holy conc procc from crit, if you look closely, and check its a pure nerf, even to the BC holy concentration.

same. apperantly pvp > pve

Lovely change. Now the holy priests can buff, and I can shit on my arse eating spelldamage food \o/

... oh and all buffing spells are raid wide now, so it's no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Lovely change. Now the holy priests can buff, and I can shit on my arse eating spelldamage food \o/

... oh and all buffing spells are raid wide now, so it's no biggie.
    Except no Holy Priest will have the spare points to put more than 14 in Disc due to the insanely terrible bloat that the Holy tree has now.

rofl - so your holy preists don't buff - oh noes. make your spirit bitch ( IdS ) buff. its not a problem. you might just have to help out your disc preist with a few extra candles.

Buffs are raid wide, who gives a fuck about candles.

I'm spending ~120 candles á evening on M'uru atm. and we're 2-3 prists buffing.
    WotLK going to be laughable in comparision.

yeah i don't give a fuck about candles - basically giving a "oh noes" worst case scenario.

I was a little shocked that it was Imp Fort that moved not Imp PWS but regardless they were generous to a shadow/holy spec that only puts minimal points in discipline to give them a chance at 54 more Spell Damage (from 120 to 174 with all 3 points) I can rework a shadow spec that will let me get Imp Fort but I don't think its necessary because as stated previously, buffs are now raid wide.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r082
    rofl - so your holy preists don't buff - oh noes. make your spirit bitch ( IdS ) buff. its not a problem. you might just have to help out your disc preist with a few extra candles.
    you mean the alt parking outside the raid?

Buffs maybe raid wide... but who says a Shadow Priest, Holy Priest and Discipline priest are all going to make it in a 10 man?

Fort needs to be swapped with shield in its current form. Imp Shield is more important to the Discipline tree than it is to the shadow/holy tree.

Not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    its just like the 45% holy conc procc from crit, if you look closely, and check its a pure nerf, even to the BC holy concentration.
    Not really a nerf.

Do the math.

Right now 3/3 Holy Concentration procs on 6% of heals.

In my current gear, raid-buffed, my crit chance is about 15%. With 3/3 + 3/3 Holy/Imp Concentration, I get 45% chance to proc on a crit, or ...

(0.45) x (0.15) x 100 = 6.8% chance to proc Holy Concentration on any heal.

So you might say it's been slightly buffed. The chance will increase as priests acquire gear itemized for crit. The issue is that you must now spend 6 talent points instead of 3 to get a free heal, but they've sweetened the deal by giving you two hasted single-target heals.

But it's not a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Buffs maybe raid wide... but who says a Shadow Priest, Holy Priest and Discipline priest are all going to make it in a 10 man?

Fort needs to be swapped with shield in its current form. Imp Shield is more important to the Discipline tree than it is to the shadow/holy tree.
    who needs that 490 more hitpoints in a 10man raid?

Quote Originally Posted by plspirit
    who needs that 490 more hitpoints in a 10man raid?
    Me? My tank? All our AoE casters? Everyone else?

Only an idiot (or a full disc priest) would take IDS now as holy.

This change is awesome, and it was exactly what I was looking for. I never buff fort in a raid (i know, moot point when they become raid wide) but was having to take 2 points in improved fort just to get to the next tier. and i was still spending 3 points in improved inner fire. Now i can skip fort, and invest those two talent points elsewhere. I was so happy when I saw this last night.

I'm not sure pve disc priest will take imp PW:F as they will more likely do something like this : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

So, no priest with imp PW:F ?

Might be slightly off topic but, since IDS is useless now, is it worth it to grab the reg spirit buff as holy spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Only an idiot (or a full disc priest) would take IDS now as holy.
    As it stands, the way the disc tree has been reshuffled, the only type of priest that will be able to offer any of Improved Power Word: Fortitude or Improved Divine Spirit is a Discipline priest.

A Holy priest does not have enough talent points to spec far enough into Disc now to even get Improved Power Word: Fortitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    Might be slightly off topic but, since IDS is useless now, is it worth it to grab the reg spirit buff as holy spec?
    How is IDS useless now?

At level 80 it increases your spell power by 80. Isn't that a nice buff?