Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Inner Fire WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Itania
    I'm not sure pve disc priest will take imp PW:F as they will more likely do something like this : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

So, no priest with imp PW:F ?
    LOL you took IDS, wasted 2 points. Again: It doesn't stack with other spellpower buffs. So unless you plan on living in 5 mans forever...

further, grace is another waste of 2 points, the minimal +healing buff is nice, but the pally buff > grace so the grace buff wont do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothri
    How is IDS useless now?

At level 80 it increases your spell power by 80. Isn't that a nice buff?
    Spellpower buffs do not stack, you get the greater of all the available buffs.

Totem of Wrath is the highest of all.

Deleted

u all act like there will be only 25 raids with wotlk. there wont be always a disc/holy/shadow priest in a group nor will there be 3-4palys or 3-4shamans in a 10 group. stop acting like u re already lvl 80 and raiding the top 25man instances in wotlk....

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    u all act like there will be only 25 raids with wotlk. there wont be always a disc/holy/shadow priest in a group nor will there be 3-4palys or 3-4shamans in a 10 group. stop acting like u re already lvl 80 and raiding the top 25man instances in wotlk....
    Yeah, stop acting like Arena & 25 man raids where the only thing blizzard was doing their balancing on!

wait...

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    Agreed, this would be my main concern. By taking Imp Fort away from most Holy and Shadow Specs, we are now losing many needed hit points.

Not every Priest is going to be involved in a 25man raid, and if none have imp fort because they needed those extra points in their Main Trees, Then the raid should suffer for Blizz's tiny mistake? Yes they ment well of course, I try and think Blizz does mean well. But with this certain tweak to the tree, we need to invest 3 more points into Disc, and that is just something most Holy and Shadow Specs can't afford to do.

Aerv

Quote Originally Posted by Mora
    This change is awesome, and it was exactly what I was looking for. I never buff fort in a raid (i know, moot point when they become raid wide) but was having to take 2 points in improved fort just to get to the next tier. and i was still spending 3 points in improved inner fire. Now i can skip fort, and invest those two talent points elsewhere. I was so happy when I saw this last night.
    well maybe in future u have to buff, because other Speccs won't buff it ... maybe you should think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros
    Agreed, this would be my main concern. By taking Imp Fort away from most Holy and Shadow Specs, we are now losing many needed hit points.

Not every Priest is going to be involved in a 25man raid, and if none have imp fort because they needed those extra points in their Main Trees, Then the raid should suffer for Blizz's tiny mistake? Yes they ment well of course, I try and think Blizz does mean well. But with this certain tweak to the tree, we need to invest 3 more points into Disc, and that is just something most Holy and Shadow Specs can't afford to do.
    If its that important to you, then pick up Imp Fort. Giving up utility for healing/damage output is the way it should be.

Aerv

We liked the idea of moving Imp Inner Fire. There seemed to be a lot of disagreement about whether Imp PW:Shield or Imp Fort should move down to take its place.

We talked about it some, and we're cool with moving Fort up and Shield down.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...0&pageNo=9#175

puh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aerv
    Well, I just got my hopes up again. Let's hope they follow through this time. :

this change is horrible for PvE healers.

Now we have to waste 2 totally useless pts inorder to get out meditation, and if we still want to be able to buff imp fort we will have to put 2 extra pts into disc.

They should have done what they said from the beginning ans swapped inner fire with imp shield instead. (or even better, swap it with martydome).

The 60 spellpower you get on improved inner fire is NOTHING for a decently geared level 80. It's sure as heck not worth 3 talent points. Improved shield is ok, but horribly mana inneficient for a Holy or SP. Honestly, I'd 100 times rather have the extra talent points in improve Vampiric Embrace which would heal me 10% would help a heck of a lot more than an extra 15% shielded.

This change is horrid. It's like Bliz almost got it, almost moved a tier 3 talent to the 2nd tier to help (like meditation), but then totally blew it at the end.

But you miss out on serendipity =/

edit: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

^^Better build with Imp Fort IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    Azjol-nerub zeelian? I wouldn't say totally useless it's still spell power to every heal or improved shield is useful in some places that are up coming like lotheb
    Yep

~60 npnscaling spellpower is a waste compared to Imp Fort, especially since there will be a lot of 10 man content in WotlK where there will probably not be room for both a holy priest and a disc priest.

Would have been better if they had done as they said from the start and swapped it with imp shield.

The swapping of a 3pts talent with a 2 pts one also messes up the balanceflow of the tree.

But in the end it now foces us to waste 2 pts on pretty much nothing (instead of a nice chunk of stamina for everyone) just to be able to get a 110% must have talent for any specc to be viable in raiding (meditation).

Bet the PvP and SP's love it, but for deep holy it just eats us, its bad enough as it is having to give up good PvE healing talents simply becous they slapped a aboslute must have talent at T3 in disc. But now we will have to shift another 2 pts into Disc if we wanna get the same value out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian

The swapping of a 3pts talent with a 2 pts one also messes up the balanceflow of the tree.
    This comment is the only problem I have with the change... talent trees aren't designed so everyone can get all the core talents with no cost... some of the idea is to make you choose. Some of these posts seriously sound like children have a temper tantrum because mummy won't let them have a lolly.

Back to the real issue... if you want to put 5 points into T2 to progress in the tree from a PvE perspective there is nothing on offer for 5 points... you are left with talents that ask for 6 points to max out or a mix of PvE & PvP talents... thats my only real issue... I think they should bring back a 2 point PvE talents to replace one of the 3 point ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Digie
    serendip is for noobs who dont know how to heal
    I guess you'll always land a max rank greater heal with absolutely no overhealing done?

Remember, no downranking will mean more overhealing.

And hey, if you're good, you'll actually try to overheal ~5-10% just to get 25% mana back.

Quote Originally Posted by syleth
    The 60 spellpower you get on improved inner fire is NOTHING for a decently geared level 80. It's sure as heck not worth 3 talent points. Improved shield is ok, but horribly mana inneficient for a Holy or SP. Honestly, I'd 100 times rather have the extra talent points in improve Vampiric Embrace which would heal me 10% would help a heck of a lot more than an extra 15% shielded.
    54 spell power.

It will NEVER be nothing. It may be an increase of anything between 40-60 DPS. No decently geared player would ignore that, or he would still be sitting in t4 saying 1000 DPS is fine, any change of gear would only increase it by 30-40....