Not sure what Blizzard's reasoning is behind the latest build

Before you begin reading, please understand that I'm a PvP healer. Anything I say here in regards to balance is referring to arena. While I feel PvE and PvP are both equal aspects of WoW, I think PvE balancing is a million times easier and less stressful than balancing PvP. Keeping that in mind...

Druids get innervate, priests get shadowfiend, shamans get mana tide, and now paladins have divine plea. Divine plea made it so that every healer now had a CD to blow in order to get mana back. I understand that 25% of your mana back every minute is too good, but this nerf makes it worthless for holy pallies now. Having absolutely no HoTs at their disposal (excluding SoL), how is a pally supposed to leave his partner unhealed for 15 seconds? They might as well move divine plea into retribution, seeing as ret pallies are the only ones who are going to be using this. The smarter choice would be just increasing the CD on divine plea and not having it affect your healing.

Lets look at judgements of the pure. Now lasts 1 minute, rather than 30 seconds. Useless, wanna know why? A good paladin in pve is going to be judging every 20 seconds to keep the debuff on their enemy (justice, wisdom, light), as well as in pvp. If specced the popular holy/ret hybrid healer, then in pvp you'll also want to judge as much as you can for judgement of the wise. If you think this "buff" means you only have to judge once a minute now, then you're not offering your group as much as you could.

Infusion of light now means you get to cast a holy light in the time it would take to cast flash. Not only is this extremely situational, but it's also a huge mana drain. Before, you could use divine favor + holy shock + holy light as an "oh shit" macro as a counter to burst damage. Doesn't matter how much holy light heals for, with a 1.5 second cooldown expect to be countespelled, interrupted, etc in pvp. Not sure if I'm still going to spec into this talent, if I do it's simply because there weren't any other good talents in that tier.

Finally, judgement of the wise. With divine plea now almost useless, this was going to be a pvp holy paladin's one back-up plan, our only way to dynamically get mana back. Many people aren't sure if this is a nerf or a buff, so lets compare this to level 70 stats. At level 70, pallies have 3k base mana and about 12k mana in decent gear. We just went from restoring 2.4k mana down to restoring 1k mana. On top of that, the base mana % cost of seals and jugements have been increased, so you need to account for these mana costs as well. I can't remember off the top of my head, but this comes out to roughly 500-600 mana. Is it useful? Yes. Is it worth speccing 34 points into? You decide.

~~~

Btw, none of those shitty "QQ more" posts. I get it, you're a bad troll who doesn't know the difference between analyzing buffs/nerfs and someone bawwing over their class. Go have a bubble bath with your toaster.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Crispybacon

Re: Not sure what Blizzard's reasoning is behind the latest build

Holy Pallies are getting shafted. Kinda odd to me. : /

Should be a deep Holy Talent that removes / reduces the reduced healing effect on Divine Plea. For example;

Holy Guidance
    Tier 8, Holy
    Increases your spell power by 4/8/12/16/20% of your total Intellect and increases the amount of healing done while Divine Plea is active by 30/50/70/90/110%.

Thus, when you invest 5 points into it... you actually heal better when Divine Plea is up. And it's deep enough that no other spec will be able to enjoy the healing effects. As it really should be.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

To be honest, just to invest points to remove the healing deficet would be fantastic to holyadins across the board. 25% mana every minute without the debuff does look brilliant, but on paper at least, quite powerful. However looking at the holy tree as it is at the current build it definitely needs some more juice. PvP holy pallys I feel sorry for the most, and evidently most of the pally community is, though rightly just to be at least feeling sad about it.

However being optimistic they did nerf the hell out of JotW due to raid buff changes then fixed it making the tree very viable. Maybe, just maybe this is an indication that they're steering the holy tree towards a particular goal... whatever goal that may be I don't know. Next build will tell. Fingers crossed, wish for good luck, pray for God's providence, whatever takes your fancy..

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    I like your idea, but ....
    How about this then (direct from signature):

Holy Guidance
    Tier 8, Holy
    Increases your spell power by 4/8/12/16/20% of your total Intellect and reduces the penalty to healing while Divine Plea is active by 20/40/60/80/100%.

Basically fixes the problem with Divine Plea, and makes an appealing talent even better (Tier 8 is pretty heavy with 'must-haves' in my tree, but I've retained far more of Blizzard's bad ideas than I think I should have).

Really, ranged judgments is something I can really live without. I've always wanted to see Paladins as combat medics with a greater degree of mobility than other healing classes. After all, Paladins are the only ones who, you know, are built for Melee. Might be the Plate armor, what do you guys think?
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

I don't understand it either. I play mainly 2v2 with a friend of mine, who plays a ret paladin, obviously we aren't too high (we sit around 1550-1650 on a good night) because of the problems with the paladin class in arena. Now ret paladins are getting some decent love (yes they have kiting issues and healing debuff issues but, anyway) and I thought.. I dared to dream that holy would be able to hold on to the loveliness that was infusion of light. Didn't work out so hot.

So now we're going to be kicked constantly (again) and be an ultimately useless healer in pvp because we either have to macro a huge mana draining spell sequence, and hope we don't have a rogue or a warlock ready to fear or a warrior or anything that can fuck us up on us ready to get rid of our chances at healing our partner or ourselves, or we have to spam FoL and hope it's enough healing to get through whatever damage we're getting (hint: it's not).

I love my paladin, but these changes are frustrating and I just cannot see a logical explanation for this. Paladins don't have the luxury of spirit, we need a 'gimme mana' spell more than any other healing class. I don't understand why they felt the need to totally and completely ruin it. There's zero reason to use it, unless you're regenerating mana from another fight.

I never really saw a reason to go past infusion of light, now I'm defiantly going a holy/ret spec. *shrug* It's a shame, I was really having fun on my paladin on the ptr. :

Sig Made by the amazing Rayde

Quote Originally Posted by AariKanes
    I never really saw a reason to go past infusion of light, now I'm defiantly going a holy/ret spec. *shrug* It's a shame, I was really having fun on my paladin on the ptr. :
    I'm not even gonna get infusion now tbh. As it is in s4 I rarely use holy light, if I'm not allowed the occasional instant cast of it then I'm not even gonna bother.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Crispybacon