Paladin skill idea

Name: Deemed Worthy
    Type: Passive
    Action: Upon death the Paladin receives a window with one option.. <can't quite think of a good name, thinking of something like "Pray"(while dead??), "Deep thought", "Will to live on", blah de blash>, depending on the outcome of this, there should be a 50/50 chance of ressurection by a "holy presence", I.E., God, but that might offend people who follow other or no religion :P (this could be based on the roll system, 50 or below = enjoy your view of the battle, 51 and above = the ressurection option becomes available beside the release option.

To prevent being ressurected into an instant death(goddamn AoE), the Paladin should receive a 5(negotatiable) second immunity buff, enough time to self buff and cast a holy light on itself or someone desperately needing a heal.
    The immunity buff shouldn't proc Forbearance to prevent the Paladin from casting Divine Shield immediately after.

The second part of the roll system.. if you roll 50 to 75 you can res with 30% health and mana, if you roll 76-100, you can res with 45% health and mana.

This is just an idea, as alot of healer-capable classes have a way to still help the party after dying(priest angel buff, shaman ank, druid.. i don't know about them).

Not sure how this should go about being learned.. i'd like it to be passive and not a spell we'd have to cast with a duration we can see ourselves dying during. I'm thinking either just being able to learn it from a trainer, or make it a Paladin quest reward (heck, haven't had one of those since level50 or so, right??)

Another thought: spec-wise.... helpful for Holy spec, prot spec i'm not sure about... possibly, ret spec would benefit from another chance to pewpew

Final thought: I'm not sure if this should be usability after casting Divine Intervention to save someone from harm's way(example: adds about to nuke a healer).

I would have posted this on the official forums, but my credit recently ran out and won't be getting credit for another few days... if anyone decids to post this idea on there, please link it here so i can read it

So... What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Re: Paladin skill idea

I... I honestly can't come up with a response to this post that doesn't involve the word "lol".

50% is way to op, just think in arena, woot guys killed the holy pally oh wait no he's up again and now he's back to full health. possibly have it with a cooldown on it. but in my opinion its not that great an idea, a modifaction on the idea which could be useful though is if you do die you hvae 100% chance to cast hand of protection (or a completly new bubble) on a player in your group/raid. lasts for X amount of secs imnnue ot either all damage or just physical damage

No thanks.

I'd rather have instant HLs back after Holy Shock crits.

Leave the Jesus RPing to shamans.

Moruk, constructive criticism only please :P

uberduck, Indeed, as I tagged onto the end of another one of my threads, some abilities/skills/spells should be completely incapable of being used when a pvp tag is active, so that should restrict it to completely pve events.... though that wouldn't work well on PvP servers.. but meh, PvE ftw.
    100% chance to cast Hand of Protection.. while dead? or being cast by the ellusive holy presence?

Xephan - There's still a chance...maybe not a terribly large one, but still a chance that bliz will change that once again :P
    I don't see why we should have to leave it to Shamans, Priests are the only other Holy class capable of being of use after dying, do we not have the same holy being to guide us? Only giving that to Priests is kind of selfish, in my opinion >_<

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hso
    Moruk, constructive criticism only please :P
    Alright, let's see...

Paladins don't need a self-res. It doesn't fit into the Paladin role anywhere, and is especially overpowered when you consider the fact they're a plate-wearing defensive hybrid class that already has two lives when they can bubble. A self-res, even at a more reasonable proc chance (50% is waaaaaaay too high for a passive self-res), would be far too overpowered for Paladins, and completely unnecessary when there's so many issues plaguing Holy Paladins at the moment that still need addressing.

There might be a way to work an ability like this into the Holy tree, but I doubt Blizzard would do it thanks to the hassle it would be to balance.

We do still have a very valuable ability when it comes to PvE, Divine Intervention. There's just something special about sacrificing yourself for the good of the team, especially when it doesn't cost you 10% durability damage.

On a side note, I'd really hate for them to change my DI. I really do enjoy challenging a level one to a duel in Northshire and inexplicably dropping dead after the first hit.

Moruk, Indeed, about the Plate armor thing.. that only reduces received damage from physical attacks, right? I'm not aware if it reduces damage received by magic, or non-class/dispellable debuffs(i.e., bloodboil >_<)
    So, comparing a Plate wearing healer who receives(i think) the same damage as a cloth wearer who has the ability to still be useful for a few moments after death, assuming our bubble is on cooldown, that makes us seem underpowered, from my point of view.

Xephan, I don't really see how DI helps in raid situations... i only use it to bubble a resser just to reduce the time spent corpse running, any tips you can offer me?

lol, boosting their morale instead of crushing their spirits ? forshame!

DI is pretty situational at best, but it's still a good thing to have.

When you're doing a boss like Prince or Archimonde that relies heavily on a good deal of luck or healers that are quick on their feet, a DI + BRes combo can be a godsend.

For instance, the Druid is trapped between a rock and a hard place, with certain death by massive fire damage closing in. I DI him. After he is out of danger, he Bresses me and I take a mana pot and we've just prevented a nasty wipe.