Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Death to twinks?

If i had 1g for everytime someone made a post about xp in battlegounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Guyal
    If i had 1g for everytime someone made a post about xp in battlegounds...
    THIS

never going to happen, stop trying
    all hail king frost strike

If they were going to make BGs and Arena for that matter completely fair every character upon joining the match would have the exact same gear as characters of the same class....THEN and only THEN is it completely about skill. The playing field must be totally level. As it is pvp can be fun but not even when you have one person with max resilience and another with less.

I hope so I hate twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202
    Its not the same as in level 70 in any means. If it were the same you wouldnt create a twink to begin with. Twinking is almost like playing god mode or cheating, 1 hiting normal characters and being almost understructible. I dont even get how is that fun. Twinking is like playing rugby as a 23 years old male in the little girls leage. Maybe you find it fun, most people dont and find that abusive.
    Best post ever! (sarcasm) Cheating? No. God mode? No. Indestructible? Not hardly. What you described is essentially the same thing that happens when a player first hits 70 and enters BGs. They don't stand a chance at taking down a full S4 geared player and can be "one shotted" easily. How is twinking at 19, 29 etc any different? Or are you and everyone else who complains only complaining because you thought you could get easy gear to level up with without effort? Twink BG's are far more balanced than any level 70 PvP. It's not about who has the most time to grind over and over and over again. Who spent every week losing 10 games for welfare epics. Or who cheated their way to the top of the Arena system. All it takes is a tiny bit of time to level and some gold. Even playing field. You win, you lose.

When I play my twink and I see a level 29 in crappy gear I get a kick out two shotting them sure. I get a bigger kick out of the level 21s that don't stand a chance. I get the same kick on my 70 in AV at all the 60 somethings. Same thing, just a different bracket.

PS. We all know twinks exist and will continue to exist. If you don't want to risk getting "ganged banged" in a low level BG the solution is simple...twink yourself or don't BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Does anyone remember way back before BC came out that you would get exp for turning in battleground marks?? If any system is coming back for exp in Bg's it will be that.

Not true. I think we've already established that I'm a prick. If I'm a prick with a prick I can't be a bitch, now, can I? But as they say, the hungry think about bread, so if you're seeing bitches everywere.... man... get laid... It'll help ya.

BG's aren't for levelling, only idiots would go to bg's before levels 18-28-38-48-58-68-78 to begin with, if you do your just asking to die and you should be spending your time levelling rather then be in a battleground being useless to the rest of the people there...lol

And the gap between a level 19 twink and a regular 19 aren't as pronounced as a level 70 in full S4 and a regular 70.

the difference betwenn a lvl 70 just leveled and a s3-s4 lvl 70 is maybe like 40% extra hp and double spellpower/ap, and thats the higest difference you will find. A couple just leveled can take a full geared for most classes. Twinks are another history more than 100% extra hp and double-triple spellpower ap, that when compared to their same levels. In level 70 bgs, poorly geared people are like 20% and the rest is pretty decent in low level bgs its like 70%+ poorly geared. So stop saying its the same, if it were the same you wouldnt even trying to make a twink. The only reason you play them is so that you face people who stand no chance against you.

15+ Year Old Account

Blue post. no xp in bg...TWINKS FTW.

Rim.

I was playing in 39 bracket as a twink healing druid(*435 healing, 2200 life), bro was a warrior and friend was a hunter. 99% of the time (on emberstorm) there were 1-2 more twinks tops, sometimes including my bro and friend. Also to mention the 39 bracket was pretty much empty of twinks so you knew everyone in that bracket on both sides.

Wsg: 3/7 - 3/7
    Ab: 3/12 - 3/12

Doesnt look unfair to me. Never played 19 or 29 so I don't know the situation, but 39 bracket was fine even before i got fully geared.

Quit complaining and play smart. AVOID TWINKS. Go cap lm and let the twinks sit at mine. As for wsg, AVOID TWINKS. Go ramp not tunnle.

Ps. 300 engi @ 39 with fel iron bombs = ftw

15+ Year Old Account

"Quote from: Tigole-Actually, we have been discussing new battlegrounds quite a bit lately. Wrath of the Lich King will feature Strand of the Ancients (attack/defend) as well as Wintergrasp (non-instanced, world PvP).

But past that, we are exploring ideas that would involve expanding our Battleground content in future patches and beyond. We believe we have some strong ideas for improving Battlegrounds and PvP as a whole in the game and we're definitely going to focus on improvements in the future. Now, it's very early to be talking about some of this stuff but I think it's important for the community to know that it's on our minds.

Our general thought is that we could provide more BG content over time. The BG content that we could provide could be of higher quality with a higher degree of accessibility. Overall, we'd like to have more content and variety. We also want the gameplay experience in the BGs to be better directed. We're also exploring the concept of a complimentary "competitive" bg system as well. Over time, we'd like the focus of PvP to shift back to being more BG-centric and more focused on Horde versus Alliance -- the core of our game.

We're also planning on improving some Battleground and PvP features in general. For example, we want to give you the ability to queue for Battlegrounds from anywhere in the world. We're also going to explore EXP gain through the PvP system as well as low level itemization to support that.

Please don't take this post as a promise. This won't be an overnight process. Not all of these things are set in stone and guaranteed to happen. It would take us a while to shift in this direction. But these are some of the current thoughts on the development team. I think it's important for you guys to know some of our thought process in regards to PvP."
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
    In my opinion, low level BG's shouldn't be dominated by twinks, I'm fine wit hardcore players dominating high level PvP, but casual players should be able to have fun in the lower brackets as they take breaks from levelling imo. The game shouldn't be completely catered towards hardcore players, nor completely catered towards casual players.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Dream on.

They will never do this.

Nuff said.
    They already stated that they were most likely implementing this post-release.

maybe no one else noticed this but tigole is also the one that said it's not top priority. exp from battlegrounds is going AWAY, not more being put in

I have a twink, I enjoy my twink. I didn't make it to feed my hunger to kill and laugh maniacily at someone who honestly didnt have a chance. I made it cause like someone said before, 19 queue is full of twinks. it lvls everyone to skill alone cause were all twinked in the same lame ass gear.

They won't take away twinking. There can be as much whining and complaing about it as is possible but twinks are here to stay

EDIT: two posts up, rim said the same thing. blue post stating no xp in bg's

Quote Originally Posted by crossfyre
    That being said, what about lvl 39 Rogue twinks? Plate and Mail users dont get access to them at 40, rogues have their leather and the majority of their availible spells/skills (yes, at low lvls)

So, its not just about gear, its about what gear you can use,

Warriors in mail, Hunters in Leather, rogues still in leather... rogue has a clear win in their respective armour. Also look at the variety of weapons availible at that lvl, for hunters? bugger all decent ranged weapons at 39, warriors have something better in the way of 2Handers or duel wielding, but rogues still come off best with daggers. Plus add their poisons which they get etc...

Whilst I dont have a problem with twinks at all, saying that "theres no difference between twinks and lvl cap bg's" is incorrect.

But I would look forward to having tghe option of converting your honour into XP as a choice, stay as a twink or take it as XP, so you can lvl up in a BG having fun pvp'ing and just do certain quests for loot.
    You really think using mail over leather will make a huge difference? I have a 39 hunter, and he's absolutely fine.

Currently using The Silencer while searching for a Shadowforge Bushmaster. Along with my 2 1hers, my weapons are fine.

Rogues use swords at 39.

Rogues have poisens, and? Locks have fear, Hunters have Wing Clip, Warriors have Hamstring, Shamans have Frost Shock, Druids have root, Mages have freezes/slows.

Going back to armor, Mages and Locks use cloth throughout the whole game, and they get it at 39 as well. Why don't you talk about them. If you knew anything, you'd know spell damage scales a LOT more than anything else for any class at that level.

Srsly, learn about twinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Samalas
    I have a 39 hunter, and he's absolutely fine.
    My friends hunter has hit over 1.2k aimed shots, which is more than enough to send them into a vanish. Rogues are not that bad in 39 unless its a ambusher but if that initial ambush isn't a 1 hit you can escape most the time.

IMO,.. Blizz would not have put in account wide items and mentioned straight out that you can use them for Twinks and then make every BG give you exp and basically take twinking out of the game,... why spend the tim emaking account wide items if they will most liklybe used for Twinks more then anything else.

Just my 2c tho

Quote Originally Posted by Croz730
    IMO,.. Blizz would not have put in account wide items and mentioned straight out that you can use them for Twinks and then make every BG give you exp and basically take twinking out of the game,... why spend the tim emaking account wide items if they will most liklybe used for Twinks more then anything else.

Just my 2c tho
    Did you ever think that maybe a reason for Blizzard doing this was to make it easier for you to level up without having to do dungeons to replace gear(since it's known that it is very difficult to find a good group for low level 5-mans)? Especially since the items change with level? It just so happens to be that you can ALSO use them on your twinks, since there is obviously no way to control that.

If you think twinks are legit, I'm sorry you are a complete moron. You have to look at the game from the perspective of a brand new player. Some people never even hit 70 and like to pvp. I have 5 70's myself, 1 is in full t6 another is in 4/5 s4. But, people at my work play WoW and don't have 70's and they always tell me they wish they could pvp with out being completely raped.

Twinks ruin any part of pvp before level 70. Its certainly not cheating but you have an extreme advantage due to gold and access to having higher levels farm you gear. Personally, I think people who make twinks are obviously horrible at pvp @ 70 so they must create a twink so that they can have an unfair advantage against their oponents because that's the only way they can win anything.

In response to the guy who said he makes a twink because he only needs to farm the items 1 time. Yeah I agree it sucks to repetively farm, what they need to implement is a trade system. So that you may trade in your old gear for the new gear at a lower cost. (honor and marks)

I'm sorry as far as twinks go, they need to implement exp into BG's so that twinks are removed from this game. Experienced players do not BG before 70 because they know about twinks, so you're clearly playing against noobs. So you guys who make twinks are doing nothing but raping people who don't know how to play the game. Let me tell you how awesome you are...

15+ Year Old Account

did anyone read the front page of MMOchampion or the bolded letters in my earlier post? It's a MAYBE as far as putting exp in BG's go. 8)
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.