Thread: WotLK Naxx

WotLK Naxx

I was wondering if in WotLK Naxx will have all of the same strats from PreBC

Deleted

Re: WotLK Naxx

Well,many encounters have been relatively altered from the vanilla naxx,nonetheless,I'd say its easier to it.

no, just no

why would the strats change? Its the same naxx just tuned down to 10 and 25man versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Facktotum
    why would the strats change? Its the same naxx just tuned down to 10 and 25man versions.
    because neither in 10man, nor in 25man you can bring 8! tanks for the 4 horsemen

for example

Quote Originally Posted by TheYang
    because neither in 10man, nor in 25man you can bring 8! tanks for the 4 horsemen

for example
    orly?

Well sure you could bring 8 tanks, but I believe blizz already stated fights like 4 horsemen were being heavily retuned to allow for smaller raid groups, so maybe some of the other fights will be too, haven't seen any of them myself though.

Here are some of the fights I did and are different:

Anub'rekhan on 10 man starts off with no guards. His Locust Swarm slows him by 40%. There is no need for a hunter to kite him. Furthermore his Locust Swarm CD is longer when compared to the 25 man version.

Anub'rekhan 25 man starts off with 2 guards like Vanilla Naxx. His Locust Swarm slows him by 25% only. You need a hunter for this. Locust Swarm CD shorter.

Faerlina starts with 4 Followers in 10 man. To dispel her enrage kill one of the followers next to her.
    Faerlina in 10 man starts with 4 Followers and 2 Worshippers. Worshippers have to be killed. To dispel her enrage MC one of the followers and sacrifice him.

Maexxna is the same on both versions except for hitpoints. Her web wrap drops people to the ground now. So melee can attack it too.

Razuvious on 10 man can be tanked by using the crystals to MC the 2 adds that come with him.
    Razuvious on 25 man is exactly the same as the Vanilla Naxx version. Except for hitpoints.

Gothik on 10 man is a pushover.
    Haven't done the 25 man version yet.

4H on 10 man is very different. Blaumeux and Zeliek are caster horsemen. Thane and Rivendare melee. If noone is in range of Blaumeux's or Zeliek's shadowbolts/holybolts, they do a raid wide 5k aoe. If noone is on their aggro list they do that too. Blaumeux and Zeliek automatically position themselves in their respective spots in the 10 man version. Any class can tank those 2.

Noth in 10 man is the same as in Vanilla Naxx, except that he doesn't do a raid wide curse debuff. He only debuffs 2 people at once.

Heigan in 10 man is the same as in Vanilla Naxx, except that the intervals between the dance is longer and hence it's easier to do the dance.

Loatheb has a change in the 10 man version. He does a melee range DoT aura and an aura that lasts for 16s that disallows any healing to be done. Healers have to prime up their heal so that it lands just right as the 16s debuff goes away. There's a space of 3-5s before he reapplies the debuff. Further down the fight he will start doing impending dooms which hit for 4k each and the time between the dooms will increase as the fight goes on.

Patchwerk on 10 man seems to only need 2 tanks. Everything else is the same.

Deleted

Thanks for this great post.

Yes indeed thanks for the updates. Seem things are changed too much.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Raktor

Faerlina starts with 4 Followers in 10 man. To dispel her enrage kill one of the followers next to her.
    Faerlina in 10 man starts with 4 Followers and 2 Worshippers. Worshippers have to be killed. To dispel her enrage MC one of the followers and sacrifice him.
    Sorry but, you do mean 25-man there right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zep
    Sorry but, you do mean 25-man there right ?
    I think it's pretty obvious that he does, yes.

Raktor just saved me from typing for a half hour.

KUDOS!