Poll: Happy about the change in Anticipation from 20def skill to 5% dodge?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Anticipation

Anticipation

If you want to, write down why you voted the way you did.

Re: Anticipation

It's a nerf to badge gear and a misunderstanding by Blizz of the tank community, but ultimately it's not a big deal. It's still easy to hit 490/540 in blues so all it really does is gives us a little more avoidance and a little less block.

Don't see how you can call it a nerf when it costs significantly more in itemization to get 5% dodge than 20 defense.

i kinda don;t like it but i can understand with the changes to crushes. I am happy though that you can now get 10% avoidancre from tallents alone, and pally's will be great avoidance tanks with tons of dmg reduction and good mana rege. Well if they changed BoSanc to 3% instead of 2%. so i don;t like it cuz playing around with gear kinda sucks. BUT i would rather switch from 20 def skill to 5% dodge and lose crushes than stay the same way, it just makes tanking sooooo much easyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffi
    Don't see how you can call it a nerf when it costs significantly more in itemization to get 5% dodge than 20 defense.
    Exactly. It may hurt a little bit in the front end having to "over gear" or stack more def than your used to but in the end it will be a positive change.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffi
    It's a nerf to flexibility. Same reason people put 12 Defense on gear instead of 12 dodge, it's more flexible. Before it altered our gear options, now it doesn't.

I don't really mind either way, because yes, it is a gain of about 2.5% in terms of combat ratings.

I can see your point. I just favor being able to stack more tanking stats on overall.

And 30+% dodge on PTR is fun.

Personally, I am very satisfied. While I understand some arguments being put forth...I am more inclined to play the raid game at 80, then QQ as needed...lol. As it stands, I just swapped a few pieces of gear (saving everything FTW) and it made up the differance.