Blizzard fails at nerfing druids :*(

Okay, so I a druid for my main character and I just found out that we just became worthless in a pve environment as healers.

So I realized that Blizzard fails at nerfing druids for pvp.

THE ONLY REASON DRUIDS ARE SO OVERPOWERED IN ARENA IS BECAUSE THEY CAN SHAPESHIFT OUT OF ANY SITIUATION THAT WOULD CAUSE THEM ANY HARM.

So I say give me back my lifebloom and up the cost of shapeshifting, if it becomes a problem for feral druids, then put another decrease in cost down in the feral tree

Re: Blizzard fails at nerfing druids :*(

yes resto is the only spec for druids

and wow is built around arena
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

No...the reason resto druids are so overpowered in arena is because of 3 reasons.

a. They are the only healer that can move 90% of the time while still doing their job of healing people.
    b. They were given a CC that no other game designer would give a class that can already use escape as a means of CC. Take a guess.
    c. Forms prevent more immunities than a healer should be granted (immunity to mana drains, immunity to snares, immunity to polymorph). I realize other healers can get rid of these too, but they have to continuously dispel or cleanse to get rid of them, and no healers except druids are immune to Polymorph, unless you count Grounding Totem or Bubble.

Now, I know that c is similar to what you're saying, but honestly, increasing the shapeshifting cost isn't going to do anything about it. Increasing the cost on an ability that is necessary isn't going to stop resto druids from doing it, and you're hurting feral too much in the process.

Cyclone should have been a deep Balance talent.

Or just removed and replaced with a cooler ability.

Also, Forms do not make you immune to snares.

well forms dont make you immune to stares but considerign you can just shift in and out to get rid of them it might as well
    Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tergha
    well forms dont make you immune to stares but considerign you can just shift in and out to get rid of them it might as well
    Not really, it's a pretty big difference when you have to burn a bunch o' mana and a global cooldown each time you want to remove a snare

Wait, resto druids are useless for PVE healing now? Why wasn't I told?

Oh, that's right, you're overreacting. I see what you're doing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghash
    No...the reason resto druids are so overpowered in arena is because of 3 reasons.

a. They are the only healer that can move 90% of the time while still doing their job of healing people.
    b. They were given a CC that no other game designer would give a class that can already use escape as a means of CC. Take a guess.
    c. Forms prevent more immunities than a healer should be granted (immunity to mana drains, immunity to snares, immunity to polymorph). I realize other healers can get rid of these too, but they have to continuously dispel or cleanse to get rid of them, and no healers except druids are immune to Polymorph, unless you count Grounding Totem or Bubble.

Now, I know that c is similar to what you're saying, but honestly, increasing the shapeshifting cost isn't going to do anything about it. Increasing the cost on an ability that is necessary isn't going to stop resto druids from doing it, and you're hurting feral too much in the process.

k now take those same reason and try to explain to me why druids are the least represent healer in 5v5 on top rated arena teams

how about because as soon as you take away their mobility (ie multiple stuns, JoJ) they have the least survivability of all healers (zomg go bear form! lawl please dont say that)

Feral druids are NOT useless in PvE in Wotlk. Blizzard just made 'em to be able to tank almost any boss there is which was not possible in SWP atm.

Resto druids are NOT useless in PvE in Wotlk. Blizzard has given so multiple healing choices now for resto that you can heal in any situation now which wasn't really possible in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine
    A. Disc priests can do a pretty good job of healing someone while they stay on the move, going to be even better with the glyph that heals a target for 20% of the dmg absorbed by shield.
    B. Cyclone is extremely powerful and I would have to agree with you there.
    C. I've already covered this, and actually the shaman can do it a pretty good job of removing snares if the snare in question is crippling because they can drop a totem that will do it for them so they would only use 1 cooldown. Plus with instant ghost wolf it works the same way as shape shift.
    A. Yes and DPriests will most likely be the new behemoth of 2s after patch from my pov.
    B. And has been since implemented. Personally i'd like to see cyclone (a purely pvp cc in every sense of the ability) tuned like repentence. Make it useful in pve but at the very least allow the target to be healed or the cc removed. i'm sick beyond comprehension of the cyclonex3,charge bash repeat. /rant off
    C. Shaman are great at dropping poisons in pvp situations but like most of their totems it is a pulse and doesnt have the hair trigger removal of a gcd cleanse. And instant GW is only good for chasing druids and purging them. It does not drop snares, does not prevent drain, and can be dispelled/stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacliff
    Okay, so I a druid for my main character and I just found out that we just became worthless in a pve environment as healers.

So I realized that Blizzard fails at nerfing druids for pvp.

THE ONLY REASON DRUIDS ARE SO OVERPOWERED IN ARENA IS BECAUSE THEY CAN SHAPESHIFT OUT OF ANY SITIUATION THAT WOULD CAUSE THEM ANY HARM.

So I say give me back my lifebloom and up the cost of shapeshifting, if it becomes a problem for feral druids, then put another decrease in cost down in the feral tree
    So many problems in this post, I dont really know where to start. First of all, druids were preferred ONLY in 2s, and to a much lesser extent, 3s. In 5s they are near non-existant, which blows because we're stuck getting a small % of the arena points that we would get if we could do 5s.

Secondly, Lifebloom was never mean to be as powerful as it was in TBC, and it has been stated by many devs. We got so many more tools for healing now. I'd much rather have diversity in my healing, than be stuck with the ungodly boring lifebloom spam that we all got so used to. If youd rather spam 1 button, kiddy games like Maplestory may be a better choice for you.

Thirdly, your comparison is incredibly flawed. Shifting is MUCH takes so much more mana than dispel. If they raised our shifting costs, we'd be fairly worthless in any arenas, and if we used your suggestion, we'd be stuck going too far down in feral to be any use in arenas either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldir View Post
    "Oh, elite mob group, better stay aw... OH GOD WHAT IS THIS, CHARGED TO DEATH?!?!?!?!"

Feral druids are NOT useless in PvE in Wotlk. Blizzard just made 'em to be able to tank almost any boss there is which was not possible in SWP atm.

Huh? Apart from the void sentinels, our druid tanks are doing pretty fine in SWP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghash

Nope.

It can be summed up in one word: Lifebloom

Without Lifebloom, Resto would get raped in PVP the way it always was.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Move lifebloom 'back' to what it was. (on beta)

Make all arenas 'inside' and thus unable to cheetah form.

Fixed....

Evermorph *

Quote Originally Posted by Badeggplant
    Not really, it's a pretty big difference when you have to burn a bunch o' mana and a global cooldown each time you want to remove a snare
    You made me laugh. "Bunch o' mana" *giggles*.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakura
    Wait, resto druids are useless for PVE healing now? Why wasn't I told?

Oh, that's right, you're overreacting. I see what you're doing there.

Thank you for giving me my chuckle of the day

I agree though, relax. Don't over react.
    Might be news to you but WRATH IS NOT OUT YET. you're whining over something that is not set in yet. When wrath launches and resto droods are total suck, go ape sh1t crazy and whine all you want

Quote Originally Posted by Badeggplant
    Cyclone should have been a deep Balance talent.

Or just removed and replaced with a cooler ability.

Also, Forms do not make you immune to snares.
    yes and after that you can remove the druid class out of arena because its nearly useless and every other healer is better than druids are, so i go moonkin for my 1600, or feral for nonsense arena (~1400 ratings) .. hf