My idea for Pally Group Heals

I wrote a post in the suggestion forums (since i don't have a beta account) about the lack of group heals for paladin's. I'll give a link here and post what I wrote below. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...44541470&sid=1

I'm not able to post in the WotLK beta forums since I do not have an account that can play on WotLK, so I'll post here and hope it gets to the right place eventually.

I've been reading through the Paladin Discussion forums there and have noticed the absolute distress and dissatisfaction with a Holy Paladin's ability to group heal. I am aware that our single target healing is right, its good, it doesn't need a fix. What does need a fix is our ability to group heal effectively.

As it stands in TBC our ability to 5 man group heal is quite chaotic and very unreliable, and that makes it hard for us to find decent groups. This carries over to raids although obviously not as much of an issue as you end up relying on other classes to group heal instead.

What needs to be done is to address the real issue at hand: the lack of the Paladin's group healing ability.

This is what I propose, and I would GREATLY appreciate it if I could get some form or response to my ideas. I will try to balance it as best as I can as I have no wish to overtake the ability of other classes to Group Heal.

Let's look at the current Group Heal's (including those in WotLK) that are in the game or being added:
    Priest (Holy Only): Circle of Healing (Instant), Divine Hymn (1.5 Sec. Cast), Holy Nova (instant), Prayer of Healing (3 sec. Cast)

Priest (Shadow Only): Vampiric Embrace (instant)

Shaman: Chain Heal (2.5 sec cast), Healing Stream Totem (totem 5 minute duration)

Druid: Tranquility (Channeled) and Wild Growth (Instant)

Paladin: None.

As you can see the undisputed leader of Group Healing is the Priest, as it should stay. What strikes me as odd is the lack of a Group Heal for Paladin's even though the other classes have built in group heal abilities, even if they aren't very efficient (Druid) or not too quick (Shaman) they still exist to serve the purpose of healing the group when needed. Why this hasn't been seen for Paladin's is another thing that needs explaining for another time.

What I propose is simple: Add a group heal much like the Priests Prayer of Healing but shorter and for less amounts of healing.

There are plenty of ways you can do this I will list out what comes to mind, none of which have to be implemented together these can all be one specific solution to the issue:

1) Remove the current Glyph of Flash of Light and instead change it to: "Heals all Party members within 20 yards of the target for 50% of the original effect" (Good Idea not best)

2) Add a new spell, that heals for an amount between like Circle of Healing with proper scaling with +spellpower. For instance starting at level 70: Devotion to Light 20% Base Mana, Heals the party for 409-451. 1.5 Second Cast. (Best Idea)

3) Increase the range and amount healed gained from Glyph of Holy Light to 40 Yards, and 25% healed. (Not good, but helpful)

4) Change Beacon of Light to heal all party and raid members within 40 yards, 25% of the total heals received from Flash of Light and make it exclusive to work with Flash of Light only. (This might not be the best idea)

As you can see with just these four examples the issues are solved, they aren't overpowered over priest or anyone else for that matter, and they're reasonable. If #2 were added It could alleviate such a massive headache Paladin's are having at the moment. But this is not the end, we still have mobility issues and Mana regeneration issues according to those in beta, but that doesn't concern me as much as the ability to group heal does.

Please consider these seriously and thanks for you time.

Delod
    I hope that gets through somehow, If you guys could give me an idea what you think here that would be much appreciated.

Anything I could add? I tried to be as balanced and fair as possible and tried to keep it entirely reasonable in terms of solutions. Anyway lemme know, and please, no flaming.

Re: My idea for Pally Group Heals

so you added shamans healing stream totem as a group heal, which is complete and utter shit, but left out beacon of light? which is looking to be an awesome "group heal' ability

i say goup heal because yes you will be healing the group while also healing most likely the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ozcar
    so you added shamans healing stream totem as a group heal, which is complete and utter shit, but left out beacon of light? which is looking to be an awesome "group heal' ability

i say goup heal because yes you will be healing the group while also healing most likely the tank.
    Hi, Healing Stream Totem IS a group heal whether you call it "utter shit" or not it still heals a group even if it is entirely bad or not.

Beacon of Light is not a group heal. It is a dual heal much like Binding Heal. It heals two people instead of one with your single target heals. It solves no issue of group healing problems.

Personally im going with the #2 idea. It's just silly that Paladins still only have the same 3 heals that they've had since the beginning 4 years ago (Yes I realize that holy shock didn't heal initially, its been reworked to heal, but its still an old spell)

Meanwhile other healing classes have each recieve numerous new spells each

Druids: Lifebloom, Nourish, Wild Growth

Priests: Pennance (Disc tree), Binding Heal, Lightwell? (cant remember if it was new, and yes it was useless for so long, but atleast it was a new spell), Prayer of Mending, Circle of Healing, Divine Hymn

Shaman: Earth Shield, Riptide, Earthliving Weapon (Well Kinda, not really a spell but its another HOT that they can factor in a bit)
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

How about:

Glyph of Holy Light: Gives all friendly targets 15-20? yards around the person healed an additional 500 hp (like Last Stand) for 15 sec.

Glyph of Flash of Light: If flash of light is used on a target, anyone who has your glyph of holy light buff will get healed for 1k instantly, but consumes the glyph of holy light buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    Personally im going with the #2 idea. It's just silly that Paladins still only have the same 3 heals that they've had since the beginning 4 years ago (Yes I realize that holy shock didn't heal initially, its been reworked to heal, but its still an old spell)

Meanwhile other healing classes have each recieve numerous new spells each

Druids: Lifebloom, Nourish, Wild Growth

Priests: Pennance (Disc tree), Binding Heal, Lightwell? (cant remember if it was new, and yes it was useless for so long, but atleast it was a new spell), Prayer of Mending, Circle of Healing, Divine Hymn

Shaman: Earth Shield, Riptide, Earthliving Weapon (Well Kinda, not really a spell but its another HOT that they can factor in a bit)
    I know; I find the negligence to add heals to Holy Paladin's, or any Paladin for that matter, while doing the same for others astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee672
    How about:

Glyph of Holy Light: Gives all friendly targets 15-20? yards around the person healed an additional 500 hp (like Last Stand) for 15 sec.

Glyph of Flash of Light: If flash of light is used on a target, anyone who has your glyph of holy light buff will get healed for 1k instantly, but consumes the glyph of holy light buff.
    Although useful with both, it almost makes it needed to have those glyphs instead of exploring other ideas. What we really need is a built in ability that allows us to group heal, not substitutes.

Good ideas though, keep em coming.

yiptastic

how about JoL??

you know, I've healed horde outdoor raids in vanilla WoW for soo many times, I've been honored by the horde raids on my server.

We aren't too bad in raid healing. Yes, we are the worst of all healers in terms of proactive AE healing, but not weak in passive AE healing at all.

First of all, if you are taking AE damage regardless of position, it doesn't help your raid better by spreading out. I hope you know what that means.

glyph of holy light
    BoL
    JoL

are our 3 primary AE heals.

BoL converts all direct heals to the beacon target. If you have glyphed FoL, you can semi group heal while keeping a tank up. (think of the benefit the tank gets from 10 FoL HoT)

I think the idea for pally healing in wrath hasn't changed. Our role is still on the MT/OT healing.

you won't be the only one healing the MT/OT though, so BoL actually excel in many situations, and you will love glyphed FoL in situations where everyone's gonna take a lot of AE damage over the entire course of boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisda19
    I wrote a post in the suggestion forums (since i don't have a beta account) about the lack of group heals for paladin's. I'll give a link here and post what I wrote below. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...44541470&sid=1

I hope that gets through somehow, If you guys could give me an idea what you think here that would be much appreciated.

Anything I could add? I tried to be as balanced and fair as possible and tried to keep it entirely reasonable in terms of solutions. Anyway lemme know, and please, no flaming.
    lol u call "beacon of light" not a group heal.. fyi bud anything that heals more than one target is a group heal no matter if u like it or not.. a pally can have a group heal n tbo it should b shit ty! o yeah.. a priest does not have best group heals a shaman does..

With Blizzard aiming to make Discipline Priests amazing single target healers, paladins are gonna need something else to balance things out.

Our niche of mana efficient single-target heals is slowly fading away. Still, I have high hopes. We're still in the Beta stages so nothing is certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cáptain
    lol u call "beacon of light" not a group heal.. fyi bud anything that heals more than one target is a group heal no matter if u like it or not.. a pally can have a group heal n tbo it should b shit ty! o yeah.. a priest does not have best group heals a shaman does..
    Two people is a group now?!

I can't wait to call up all my buddies and tell them that I've had group sex.

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic
    how about JoL??

you know, I've healed horde outdoor raids in vanilla WoW for soo many times, I've been honored by the horde raids on my server.

We aren't too bad in raid healing. Yes, we are the worst of all healers in terms of proactive AE healing, but not weak in passive AE healing at all.

First of all, if you are taking AE damage regardless of position, it doesn't help your raid better by spreading out. I hope you know what that means.

glyph of holy light
    BoL
    JoL

are our 3 primary AE heals.

BoL converts all direct heals to the beacon target. If you have glyphed FoL, you can semi group heal while keeping a tank up. (think of the benefit the tank gets from 10 FoL HoT)

I think the idea for pally healing in wrath hasn't changed. Our role is still on the MT/OT healing.

you won't be the only one healing the MT/OT though, so BoL actually excel in many situations, and you will love glyphed FoL in situations where everyone's gonna take a lot of AE damage over the entire course of boss fight.
    Judgement of Light isn't much when it comes to the fact that you actually have to wait for it to proc.
    Beacon of Light heals two people yes, the HoT off of glyph of Flash of Light was nerfed now only does 140% of the 50% heal (not worth it). Glyph of Holy light is pretty much terrible as it is, but still better than nothing.

I still think my ideas are valid, we have no solid group heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cáptain
    1) I'm not your buddy guy.
    2) Beacon of Light is exactly the same as binding heal in the respects of healing two people at once instead of one.
    3) Priests do have the best group heals, bar none, Chain Heal doesn't even touch the power of Circle of Healing, but it does quite well regardless.
    4)Your ignorance on the subject is only bested by your ability to make yourself look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephan
    Two people is a group now?!

I can't wait to call up all my buddies and tell them that I've had group sex.
    Just wanted to let you know that I almost fell off my chair laughing at that one. Nicely done.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...