Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    yiptastic

Crusader strike's 2ndary effect idea

here's my idea, and probably good enough to cover up the dps nerf we got

on top of the dmg:
    gives crusader strike a chance on critical effect to allow the paladin to cast another seal that last for 30 sec. (30% chance to proc)

Re: Crusader strike's 2ndary effect idea

I'd rather just have the "refreshes all judgments on target" effect back. It would save holy paladins from having to deal with a GCD when they deem Judgments of the Pure to be unnecessary.

If they nerfed you, it's probably because you were doing too much damage. If you increase the damage you do with something like this, then you'd just get nerfed again to get your damage back in line.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xephan
    I'd rather just have the "refreshes all judgments on target" effect back. It would save holy paladins from having to deal with a GCD when they deem Judgments of the Pure to be unnecessary.
    I'd rather have it refresh a stack of vengeance. Nice sustained dps increase without the overcrazy burst that everyone is complaining about.

It's not more damage that people should want out of a second ability to CS, but more utility, something to give it a little more flavor than just 'heres a weapon strike'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilec
    I'd rather have it refresh a stack of vengeance. Nice sustained dps increase without the overcrazy burst that everyone is complaining about.
    That would be pretty nice, imo. As a 41 point talent, 110% weapon damage is fairly lackluster. Giving it a secondary ability along those lines wouldn't increase are dps, it would merely streamline seal-twisting, which any competent Ret Pally would be doing anyway.

Khody

Funny how our 41 point is just a strike.

Warriors 31 point is a strike with a healing debuff.

Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    Funny how our 41 point is just a strike.

Warriors 31 point is a strike with a healing debuff.

Hmm.
    Kinda makes me wanna cry when I remember that a rogue's healing debuff is baseline.

I do believe they need to add a secondary effect again, however I don't think this is a good solution. They DPS "nerfs" aren't exactly nerfs as they were replaced with other talent/skill changes to compensate for the dps change in another area. You can't just look at raw damage, you need to look at the whole picture.

Many people say that Paladin's dps evens out at 80 to about normal, which is what we pretty much should be because you need to look at us as a whole. We never will do as much or more damage than a rogue in pure dps in a normal fight because you need to look at the one huge difference of what we can do that they can't from their own skills/talents, and that is heal ourselves. This gives us the edge and a difference that merits lesser dps. However, this is very much off point.

What I'm basically getting at is the secondary effect should not add dps, but simply buff us or others in same way. The previous secondary effect did just that. It would be nice to have it back, however there are many other things would be nice such as a MS effect, slow effect, CS effect, short stun, snare effect, etc. The list can go on and on of additional effects that can be added that will not add to our DPS. Are some of the secondary effects that I mentioned make Crusader Strike overpowered? Absolutely, but that is not what this topic is about. It is about a secondary effect and whether it should add to our DPS or not.
    I am the interglow that lets you know to call your brother son.

Khody

Kinda makes me wanna cry when I remember that a rogue's healing debuff is baseline.
    Hunters get an instant ranged one now also.

Hunters get an instant ranged one now also.
    I should hope that there's a CD on that.

Khody

I'm not too sure. I doubt they'll simply rely on spamming one shot though.

Cooldown increased, damage nerfed, as anyone would expect.

From the front page:

# Aimed shot mana cost reduced from 11% of base mana to 8%. Casting time changed from 2.5 sec to instant. Cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 10 seconds. Damage reduced to about 25% of the old value. (Lowered from 1570 to 408 for Rank 9)

Before people would think it'd be part of a PvE rotation, it was revamped to be a purely PvP skill.

I should hope that there's a CD on that.
    Their instant MS shot is Aimed shot. They made Aimed shot instant, while still having it's MS effect, however the damage was reduced. Cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 10 seconds if I remember correctly, check patch notes.
    I am the interglow that lets you know to call your brother son.

I'm not too sure. I doubt they'll simply rely on spamming one shot though.
    I was more worried about Hunters having a way to efficiently MS a whole 5v5. Now that I know it's on a CD, I'm not too worried.

MS is kind of expected in arenas, so it doesn't really matter who it's coming from... still, I feel kind of bad for Warriors as they begin to lose trademark abilities.

Crusader Strike definitely needs something to fill the void left from taking away the ability to refresh judgements. Seals durations are different now and there is really no need to have CS keep judgements up seeing that their folded into the other abilities. Any normal ret pally will be judging wisdom every 8 seconds regardless seeing that its
    our biggest damage ability on single targets thus far.

I think any of many ideas would work. It doesnt have to be anything special, even something like a DOT would be sufficient. Or just give an extra chance to proc avenging wrath, whether its on CD or not. If Avenging wrath wasnt on CD, this proc wouldnt effect the CD either, basically giving you the chance for an extra AW, every so often.

I also thought about having a chance on hit to increase haste, strength, or armor pen. Any of these could work, but somethings gotta give imo.

what ive thought as good idea, get rid of vindication move it upto a 2 point talent named:

"Improved Crusader-strike"
    Requires 1 point in Crusader Strike

Gives a Paladin's damaging Crusader Strike a 20/40% chance to reduce a targets attributes by 7/15%

therefore u can spec for it for pvp and dont need it when raiding (because the Immune, immune, immune would get anoying, and boss' are usally immune).

A good change would be to move improved retribution aura down to a teir 2 talent, move "swift retribution" down to where improved ret aura used to be and put the imp CS where swift ret used to be.

there we go, all solved.

No.

I like Vindication the way it is.

IMO Crusader Strike does need some sort of secondary effect, BUT that effect should only affect PVP (Much like MS). I know MS does have a few PVE applications but overall it's a PVP thing.

My suggestion...
    Crusader Strike - "An instant strike that causes 110% weapon damage and reduces resilience by 25%"

The percentage could be adjusted higher or lower... I just like the PVP only aspect and that it's not the same BLAH MS effect.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Proudfoot
    IMO Crusader Strike does need some sort of secondary effect, BUT that effect should only affect PVP (Much like MS). I know MS does have a few PVE applications but overall it's a PVP thing.

My suggestion...
    Crusader Strike - "An instant strike that causes 110% weapon damage and reduces resilience by 25%"

The percentage could be adjusted higher or lower... I just like the PVP only aspect and that it's not the same BLAH MS effect.
    Resilience modification is a fairly interesting idea that hasn't been implemented into any offensive abilities. Considering how much Blizzard has been lacking in the originality department in this expansion, what with the homogenizing of classes and all that jazz, I could really see this suggestion holding some weight.

Though, 25% of Resilience might be a tad high. I'd have to see some numbers.