Possible Idea to increase shadow survivability in PVP?

Hi, this is my first post on the forums, I have a lvl 52 priest I am leveling up for the expansion, and wondered what you guys thought about this idea? Not having played a level 70 priest myself, but doing bgs with my buddy who plays disc, I wondered if priests really need the removal of movement impairing effects for fade that they are proposing from improved shadow form?

Why not make improved shadowform give shadowform a movement speed increase similar to what ret paladins and assassination rogues? Improved movement speed along with mind flay would give shadow priests the ability to kite melee. (maybe they would have to lower the mind flay movement reduction to 35% instead of 50%)

If this idea wouldn't work, why not make improved shadow form cause fade to temporarily increase movement speed or be more like an evasion? (Fade causes you to now fade into the shadows reducing all damage by a certain percent, or reduces the chance to be hit, similar to the NE priest racial Elune's Grace?)

Another idea would be to change dispersion. Possible options:

1)Lower the cooldown, but also lower the damage reduction. (1 min, 50% damage reduction)
    or
    2)Allow you to still cast spells during dispersion.

Another idea would be that improved shadowform causes shadowform to have a negative aura that is either similar to retribution aura or a pulsing AoE damage.

I'm not suggesting the implementation of all of these things, but I think shadow priests need a little more survivability options when power word: shield and inner fire can be removed with purge and arcane shot (I haven't read up on this, maybe they are making them less likely to be dispelled like the warlock and mage magical armor?), leaving us naked and defenseless, especially when physic scream has a 26 second cooldown.

And lastly, give shadowpriests a vampire bat flight form!

Re: Possible Idea to increase shadow survivability in PVP?

Between Dispersion and Psychic Scream and Silence.. not to mention Imp Shadow Form.. I believe Shadow has a much better survivability rate. I don't think there needs to be any real changes. Some classes are going to be harder to fight than others, we can't simply buff up against them and be invincible =/

I just see improved shadow form giving the removal of movement impairing effects totally pointless, as it is not a viable escape mechanism. The overwhelming majority of movement impairing effects are going to be used by someone attacking us, as opposed to someone running trying to run away from us. Most melee will either have speed enchants to boots or talents to increase movement speed, which means even if we can remove movement impairing effects, without any increase in our movement speed, they will still just catch up to us and continue to pound on us. Every other class in the game besides warlocks (who have 3 fears as a defense mechanism as opposed to our 1) have some way of moving faster/escaping with either talents or spells/abilities.

Druid= travel form, cat form + sprint, bear form plus charge.
    Hunter= aspect of the cheetah (not as useful in pvp, but situational)
    Mage= blink and blazing speed
    Paladin= Pursuit of Justice
    Rogue= sprint and fleet footed
    Shaman = ghost wolf (instant cast for enhancement if talented)
    Warrior= intercept

Removal of movement impairing effects are beneficial to melee trying to cover ground on ranged targets, and are not a viable defense mechanism for shadow priests.

Quote Originally Posted by noz3r0
    Between Dispersion and Psychic Scream and Silence.. not to mention Imp Shadow Form.. I believe Shadow has a much better survivability rate. I don't think there needs to be any real changes. Some classes are going to be harder to fight than others, we can't simply buff up against them and be invincible =/
    Dispersion with a 3 minute cooldown is a gimmick 51 point talent as it is now, imagine if ice block had a 3 minute cooldown, AND was a 51 point talent?

Physic scream has a 26 second cooldown and an 8 yard range.

Silence has a 45 second cooldown and is only useful on casters.

Even with talents, fade has a 24 second cooldown, so giving fade a sprint effect or reducing our chance to be hit would not be overpowered but would help us deal with melee a little better.

Are you not looking at the pushback reduction on spells? I dont know about you but if I could cast when being smacked by a rogue/warrior I know i'd do 100 times better (100 is an exaggeration..)

Quote Originally Posted by noz3r0
    Are you not looking at the pushback reduction on spells? I dont know about you but if I could cast when being smacked by a rogue/warrior I know i'd do 100 times better (100 is an exaggeration..)
    With kick and pummel and earth shock, the last thing i want to do is to sit and cast a spell, at least mind blast and vamp touch only have a 1.5 second cast time, but according to 3.0.2 patch notes, they are already changing spell pushback,

Spell casting and spell channeling pushback has been changed to the following:

* When casting a spell:
    o The first and second hit will add .5 secs each to the cast time.
    o All hits after the second will have no effect.
    * When channeling a spell:
    o The first and second hit reduces current duration by 25% of total duration each.
    o All hits after the second will have no effect.

So without talents in improved shadowform, mind blast would take a maximum of 2.5 seconds to cast, with talents, removing 70% of 1 second, would mean a 1.8 second cast. It still doesn't mean I want to stand still naked from a purge while a enhancement shaman beats on me so I can cast mind blast .7 seconds faster.

For PvP survivability Shadow Priests need one more type of escape mechanism from melee more than anything else, and I was offering multiple suggestions.

The new fade effect from Imp SF is gold, we have plenty of survival mechanics in WotLK, AoE Fear, PW:S, Fade, Dispersion, trinket, Silence, 10% chance to stun for 3 sec on damage, 30% less damage after the fear effect ends. Combine the fact that we'll have 70% less pushback + a significant upgrade in dps we won't need to survive for the same length of time we currently do.

Some of the melee classes make life hell for us but you're not supposed to have the advantage over every class. Even now if you play it smart you can take down a rogue on occasion, warriors are fodder because VE heals ignore MS and we rage starve them, enh shammys and feral druids pose little problems as well... I think some spriests forget they can heal, PoM and renew at the right time can help you beat melee classes.

Ya gotta agree with the others there ... i mean i used pve gear while doing pvp mainly because i used imp VE and dmg output was very high...warrs & ench shammys were ez mode and only rogues with their 10 sec stuns are the real melle problem for a sp. Ofc i always get pwned by them cause doh : pve gear pve spec... but with the right set even rogues i believe are douable.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12305102321351

PVP spec I think I would go, as far as survivability goes

Obviously you could change it up grabbing the +crit and +crit damage but most of the time in PVP I just focus on straight dmg not chance at high damage now thanks to resilience

Quote Originally Posted by buch3r
    I just see improved shadow form giving the removal of movement impairing effects totally pointless, as it is not a viable escape mechanism. The overwhelming majority of movement impairing effects are going to be used by someone attacking us, as opposed to someone running trying to run away from us. Most melee will either have speed enchants to boots or talents to increase movement speed, which means even if we can remove movement impairing effects, without any increase in our movement speed, they will still just catch up to us and continue to pound on us. Every other class in the game besides warlocks (who have 3 fears as a defense mechanism as opposed to our 1) have some way of moving faster/escaping with either talents or spells/abilities.

Druid= travel form, cat form + sprint, bear form plus charge.
    Hunter= aspect of the cheetah (not as useful in pvp, but situational)
    Mage= blink and blazing speed
    Paladin= Pursuit of Justice
    Rogue= sprint and fleet footed
    Shaman = ghost wolf (instant cast for enhancement if talented)
    Warrior= intercept

Removal of movement impairing effects are beneficial to melee trying to cover ground on ranged targets, and are not a viable defense mechanism for shadow priests.

Dispersion with a 3 minute cooldown is a gimmick 51 point talent as it is now, imagine if ice block had a 3 minute cooldown, AND was a 51 point talent?

Physic scream has a 26 second cooldown and an 8 yard range.

Silence has a 45 second cooldown and is only useful on casters.

Even with talents, fade has a 24 second cooldown, so giving fade a sprint effect or reducing our chance to be hit would not be overpowered but would help us deal with melee a little better.
    Removal of movement impairing effects as pointless. I most certainly would love to have this on my Disc priest. Yes its not the 1 button escape "I WIN" button, but used by skilled players it does add survivability.

Most melee having speed enchants to boots or meta's. Yes they do, but so should u if you're going to PvP.

Psychic scream is effectively 23 second cooldown with Arena gloves.

Silence is a long cooldown and i would like to see it reduced for your sakes.

Fade: Make Fade remove movement impairing effects in part of the base spell. Instead of movement impairing effect given in the shadow tree give say 25% increase movement speed when Fade is used. (but i would rather see Shadow priests have any benefit from fade than any other priests since you guys got totally f'ed over in BC in the PvP department and i think this will help in that regard)

I'm with you the 51 talent point seems mehh.... Defiantly no something that screams pick shadow tree for the cool 51 talent point, as it should imo.

And yes there has to be a chance for melee to get a hold of you, otherwise you would just VT, SW:P, kite ppl and spam /rofl at them. I think there needs to be a balance between this and right now the balance is far on the melee side.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by buch3r

Another idea would be that improved shadowform causes shadowform to have a negative aura that is either similar to retribution aura or a pulsing AoE damage.

And lastly, give shadowpriests a vampire bat flight form!
    i'm in a negative mood :P

the pulse aoe = broked cc very often. this will sure result in priests beeing a big database of swears colected from all cc-ers )

vampire bat form - we are priests you know? druids are the shapeshifters. I dont try to say SP shouldnt have a class flight form/mount. IMO there should be Racials mounts ofr both land and air. Aquireable by other races via reputation. And Class mounts for both land and air wich will be class restricted(maybe some classes cand share same mount, and maybe not all the classes to have a class mount there are just 10 classes ingame). I am not a mage but the broom should be owned by a mage only class. Wtf was in blizzard mind when instead of giving that broom as last adition for mages they put it as a consumable for all players, so no players will really apreciate it.