1. #1

    Holy Paladin Ideas

    As many know Holy is a broken spec right now and could use some work. One thing I've noticed is that Holy Paladins are one of, if not the lowest damage dealing healers currently. I don't think that Holy should be a dps spec by any means but there should be some incentive or capability to deal damage when not healing and be rewarded for it.

    First lets deal with "Sacred Cleansing". Sacred Cleansing is yet another talent that uses a RNG to possibly do something "neat". As a rule RNG talents aren't as fun or useful then something you can count on. My suggestion... address the real issue with cleanse, the fact that casting it usually isn't worth the GCD. It would be nice if the spell would also use smart targeting for what to cleanse.

    Sacred Cleansing
    Your Cleanse spell has a 33/66/100% chance to remove an additional effect and increase the target's resistance to Disease, Magic and Poison by 20% for 10 sec.


    Next Infusion of Light. Blizzard apparently thought the talent was overpowered or to unpredictable. why not make it predictable then.
    Infusion of Light
    Your Holy Shock hits reduce the cast time of your next Holy Light spell by .75/1.5 secs. This effect stacks twice.

    This allows you to get an instant HL if you have time to HS twice in between casts.

    Judgements of the Pure is currently garbage. (Your Judgement spells increase your casting and melee haste by 10% for 1 min.) Suggestion...
    Judgements of the Pure
    Your Judgement spells heal party or raid members within 20 yards for 10/20/30/40/50% of the damage caused and increase your casting and melee haste by 2/4/6/8/10% for 30 sec.

    Encourages dealing damage while healing.

    And my suggestion for Beacon of Light...
    Beacon of Light
    Heals the target for 3100 over 30 seconds and causes the target to become a Beacon of Light. Any healing you cast on the beacon will also instantly heal the lowest percentage health friendly party or raid target within 40 yards for 50% of the amount healed. Only one target can be the Beacon of Light at a time.
    35% of base mana, 40 yd range, Instant cast


    There are plenty of things that could be done but leaving the spec the way it is won't be acceptable. Thoughts?
    Dwarves are BURLY!

  2. #2

    Re: Holy Paladin Ideas

    It is my firm belief that Infusion of Light needs to be reverted immediately, but I like the other 3 ideas a lot.

    The Beacon of Light effects is entirely acceptable, and as stated by Blizz, needed. They have said they want every healing class to be able to heal any instance/raid. So, a Holy Priest should be able to MT heal as effectively as a Paladin, right? That's cool, I can get behind that ideology. But, that means we should be able to raid heal too, right? Where the hell is our raid heal?

  3. #3

    Re: Holy Paladin Ideas

    /bump

    no more ideas/thoughts?
    Dwarves are BURLY!

  4. #4

    Re: Holy Paladin Ideas

    Holy Presence - Heals up to 5 party or raid members for 5400 over 12 seconds. 2.5 sec cast, 15 sec CD.

  5. #5

    Re: Holy Paladin Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by tomy
    Holy Presence - Heals up to 5 party or raid members for 5400 over 12 seconds. 2.5 sec cast, 15 sec CD.
    Erm, no. That makes little to no sense. We are single target healers. Always have been always will be. The only reason beacon of light is there at al is for a little more pep and to stop people crying.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    696

    Re: Holy Paladin Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Proudfoot
    As many know Holy is a broken spec right now and could use some work. One thing I've noticed is that Holy Paladins are one of, if not the lowest damage dealing healers currently. I don't think that Holy should be a dps spec by any means but there should be some incentive or capability to deal damage when not healing and be rewarded for it.

    First lets deal with "Sacred Cleansing". Sacred Cleansing is yet another talent that uses a RNG to possibly do something "neat". As a rule RNG talents aren't as fun or useful then something you can count on. My suggestion... address the real issue with cleanse, the fact that casting it usually isn't worth the GCD. It would be nice if the spell would also use smart targeting for what to cleanse.

    Sacred Cleansing
    Your Cleanse spell has a 33/66/100% chance to remove an additional effect and increase the target's resistance to Disease, Magic and Poison by 20% for 10 sec.


    Next Infusion of Light. Blizzard apparently thought the talent was overpowered or to unpredictable. why not make it predictable then.
    Infusion of Light
    Your Holy Shock hits reduce the cast time of your next Holy Light spell by .75/1.5 secs. This effect stacks twice.

    This allows you to get an instant HL if you have time to HS twice in between casts.

    Judgements of the Pure is currently garbage. (Your Judgement spells increase your casting and melee haste by 10% for 1 min.) Suggestion...
    Judgements of the Pure
    Your Judgement spells heal party or raid members within 20 yards for 10/20/30/40/50% of the damage caused and increase your casting and melee haste by 2/4/6/8/10% for 30 sec.

    Encourages dealing damage while healing.

    And my suggestion for Beacon of Light...
    Beacon of Light
    Heals the target for 3100 over 30 seconds and causes the target to become a Beacon of Light. Any healing you cast on the beacon will also instantly heal the lowest percentage health friendly party or raid target within 40 yards for 50% of the amount healed. Only one target can be the Beacon of Light at a time.
    35% of base mana, 40 yd range, Instant cast


    There are plenty of things that could be done but leaving the spec the way it is won't be acceptable. Thoughts?
    I like sacred clensing, very good a bit strong in pvp, but great for pve.

    Judgements of the pure is staying, as a holy paladin the glyphs are great for making sels up worth while. Judge when needed macro for it, to judge the tanks target.

    Way to strong for infusion of light, how it is now is fine, an IC holy light is way strong, but i could agree with it being non instant cast making it 1sec or .5 sec, so it wont be op in pvp.

    Beacon of light is not bad, I personally want it to be how it was in august, if you heal the beacon of light it divides the heal on the beacon by an amount equal to the heal for upto 5 people.

  7. #7

    Re: Holy Paladin Ideas

    every other class gets a hot, a new heal, or a huge buff to current healing spells in the new tallents that they got, except pally's we got cast time reducers, we got weird hste crap, we got 2 targets at once kinda cool but not really. no new heal, no buff to our currenthealing abilities. Sure priests got no new heal, but they did get theier total healing buffed. Druids get healing buffed and a new spell. Shamans got a new heal, and a hot with a new weapon spell, and the hot compliments thier aoe healing with chain heal.

    I like your idea's but i think the main part is that we need a hot or some kind. Maybe a hot that gets comsumed when he holy shock or fol or holy light, youknow a hot that when we cast a healing spell on the target egst consumed but makes the heal an instant crit, put a 15 second cd on the hot we can guarentee 2 crits, but have to manage them but thenwe can at least set and forget 1 person for 2 seconds while they are low and then come back to them, it'snot perfect but it does help.

  8. #8

    Re: Holy Paladin Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexan
    every other class gets a hot, a new heal, or a huge buff to current healing spells in the new tallents that they got, except pally's we got cast time reducers, we got weird hste crap, we got 2 targets at once kinda cool but not really. no new heal, no buff to our currenthealing abilities. Sure priests got no new heal, but they did get theier total healing buffed. Druids get healing buffed and a new spell. Shamans got a new heal, and a hot with a new weapon spell, and the hot compliments thier aoe healing with chain heal.

    I like your idea's but i think the main part is that we need a hot or some kind. Maybe a hot that gets comsumed when he holy shock or fol or holy light, youknow a hot that when we cast a healing spell on the target egst consumed but makes the heal an instant crit, put a 15 second cd on the hot we can guarentee 2 crits, but have to manage them but thenwe can at least set and forget 1 person for 2 seconds while they are low and then come back to them, it'snot perfect but it does help.
    Did you read my suggestion for Beacon at all?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Way to strong for infusion of light, how it is now is fine, an IC holy light is way strong, but i could agree with it being non instant cast making it 1sec or .5 sec, so it wont be op in pvp.
    The suggestion for Infusion of Light is about the same as the old IoL in strength, but gives the ability more predictable outcome. It's not OP in PVP... instant heals are needed in PVP or we become far to easy to CC/ignore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Beacon of light is not bad, I personally want it to be how it was in august, if you heal the beacon of light it divides the heal on the beacon by an amount equal to the heal for upto 5 people.
    I don't recall the spell ever doing that. It's a good idea though as long as Beacon is also a HOT and not just a buff.

    Quote Originally Posted by lysetta
    Erm, no. That makes little to no sense. We are single target healers. Always have been always will be. The only reason beacon of light is there at al is for a little more pep and to stop people crying.
    There are no "niches" anymore so saying that we are only single target healers is ignorant. All other healing classes were given buffs to become on par with Paladins in single target healing, and they did not lose their ability to also be great multi target healers. All healing classes should be able to perform any role needed for healing any paticular encounter. Paladins are the only healers right now that are still lacking in instant heals, HoTs, and AOE heals. I don't want carbon copies of other class abilities but we do need the funtionality. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Blizz needs to figure out how to give us the functionality while also keeping the Paladin "flavor".
    Dwarves are BURLY!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •