Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

You complained enough, and got it. Are you happy now shut up.

Paladin - Upcoming Divine Plea change
    Quote from: Ghostcrawler (Source)
    We are still showing good healing from Holy paladins. However, we are getting feedback that they may be struggling with mana and perhaps even with boredom. To help with both of these potential problems, We are going to change Divine Plea to only reduce your healing by 20% (up from 100%). However, the original nerf to the spell was partially because of it being difficult to stop a paladin in PvP, so we are going to make the effect dispellable.

We're still taking a look at some of Holy's deep talents and I do want to acknowledge that there have been many great suggestions to change some of those.

We understand that some Holy paladins still feel that their movement and group healing mechanics aren't sufficient yet. However, we still like Bacon of Light , Holy Shock and talents like Infusion of Light to help with these problems. We want to get a few of the kinks out and see them in action more before making further changes here.

We also want to reiterate that measuring healing is much tougher than estimating dps or tank mitigation. While healing throughput and efficiency are important, so is knowing who to heal when and with what spell. We're going to keep a close eye on this through the rest of beta, in the Burning Crusade patch and when Lich King goes live.

Re: You complained enough, and got it. Are you happy now shut up.

No, they won't be... some people will always find more stuff to whine about.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I am waiting for mobs/bosses with dispel to screw them over. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    No, they won't be... some people will always find more stuff to whine about.
    He speaks the truth.

Some people are just never happy with what's 'balanced'. They're the kind of people that buy a new game and head straight for GameFAQ's.com and look up a set of cheats to use on it. Getting epics/finishing a game is more important to some people than actually achieving something themselves.

WoW players are actually quite amazing at finding things to whine about, I wouldn't limit it to paladins by any means :P

Did this post make anyone else hungry.....

"we still like Bacon of Light"
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

This is kinda like the time ret pallies wanted a reduce threat talent.

In the end blizzard said: "Well overaggro as much as you say you can, and we'll fix it"

the same applies here... Show them what's going on and they'll fix it. Being a forum troll ain't gonna help it

Whines will never stop. Now the next whine fest will be "but omg 20% reduced healing is too much! We demand 20% increased healing! Palas are dead with this change! I will reroll! WoW is dead! I will go to Warhammer".

Talking in logical terms with someone that tends to whine for everything is doomed.
    25% total mana, on a 1min. cooldown with a 20% reduced healing. Let's say you have 12k mana, that is 3k mana returned every single minute, scaling as well. Can I have a 1min CD mana tide on my resto shammy? Oh wait, if I do the palas will whine that that is OP.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    Did this post make anyone else hungry.....

"we still like Bacon of Light"
    Hmm, unexplained bacon...
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLWaffles
    Hmm, unexplained bacon...
    Mmm unexplained Bacon and Whine..
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Why do ret pallies hate the rest of the class so much? Why are ret pallies THE most emo class? Why would you laugh at the destruction of a spec that you could easily flip to if you wanted...

Is ret desperate to lose the redheaded stepchild tag? LOLRET, you still wont get into raids for your dps. Just for your mana battery.

I hate people that think their opinion is the one that matters, that peoples whines aren't well thought out, or valid.

Now, where have I seen this before... Oh yeeeeeah, every time people complain about something and it gets fixed, people claim that they are whining and bitching and whatever they're saying. This is no different from when people have been complaining that Mages and Hunters and stuff were underpowered, or that Subtlety Rogues, Resto Druids, SL/SL Warlocks etc. were overpowered.

People who complain about whining are ironically alike the ones who are whining in the first place.

I agree that 25% mana regen every minute seams high but you have to admit that having a main tank healer (as blizzard has stated is the goal for holy paladins) that cant heal for 15 seconds is pretty much guaranteed to turn out badly. Especially in a 10 man where he is the only healer on the tank.

I did like the skill when it was 50% reduced healing. That would actually be substancial enough that you wouldnt use it all the time, but could still be usefull if planned correctly. 20% reduction doesnt seam like it would deter anybody from using it every time its up.

I hate people that whine in general, it is a video game not the end of the world.  This includes people whining about whiners.

Say that 5 times fast
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    Whines will never stop. Now the next whine fest will be "but omg 20% reduced healing is too much! We demand 20% increased healing! Palas are dead with this change! I will reroll! WoW is dead! I will go to Warhammer".

Talking in logical terms with someone that tends to whine for everything is doomed.
    25% total mana, on a 1min. cooldown with a 20% reduced healing. Let's say you have 12k mana, that is 3k mana returned every single minute, scaling as well. Can I have a 1min CD mana tide on my resto shammy? Oh wait, if I do the palas will whine that that is OP.
    are you for real?

your mana tides restores 24% of total mana to every party member, with no downside effects
    also shadowfiend and inervate dont have them

and dive plea gave 25% of our mana back in 15 seconds reducing all healing done
    and thus being a holy skill wasnt ment to be used by holy specced paladins...

1 min cd is op i think if there is no downside effect

maybe leave it as it was(100% reduce healing 1 min cd), and put a talent deep in holy removing the healing penalty(maybe even increase healing done) but increasing the cd time
    something like
    improved divine plea, make it a 3 point talent
    with each point reducing the healing penalty by 33% and increasing the cd time by 1 min

so it will be worth specing deep holy instead of spending 33 points in ret for jotw

Who's complaining exactly? Resto shamans on their Mana Tide cooldown is the only valid concern I see. But only to a certain extent, since their totem affects more than just themselves.

Having the spell reverted is a good thing for Holy Paladins to be sure. It's one thing to have 1/15th of your DPS (aka Mage) Evocate on a 5 minute cooldown and stop DPSng vs. 1/7th of your healing force (aka Holy Paladin, on average) have to -COMPLETELY- stop healing for 15 seconds. 15 seconds is an -ETERNITY- to a healer; ask any of them that know.

The cooldown will likely be adjusted before it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by zazgan
    are you for real?

your mana tides restores 24% of total mana to every party member, with no downside effects

There's plenty downside to mana tide, in that its even easier to get rid of than being dispelled. at least you have dispel resistance. i think the nerf to pvp and buff to pve are much better than folks expected, and it's pretty solid right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zazgan
    are you for real?

maybe leave it as it was(100% reduce healing 1 min cd), and put a talent deep in holy removing the healing penalty(maybe even increase healing done) but increasing the cd time
    something like
    improved divine plea, make it a 3 point talent
    with each point reducing the healing penalty by 33% and increasing the cd time by 1 min

so it will be worth specing deep holy instead of spending 33 points in ret for jotw

Your basically arguing the same thing as I am. I said make it so that you dont use it ever time its up, you said make the cooldown longer. The only difference is that the way I described it gives the player more of a choice of when they should use it. The reason I chose this method was because from what I have read in "blue" posts their goal was to force players to have to think about thier mana and how to use it most effectively.

Also I dont play a paladin and I dont play beta/PTR so my opinion doesnt actually reflect any of the issues paladins are having with healing, I was just trying to find a way to give paladins what they need (mana regen) while still acomplishing the goal that blizzard had of forcing players to make difficult decisions on when to use their skills.

You guys realize that whining about whiners just makes you a whiner...

Let the pally's have their changes and buffs, it just means when it comes back and they get bonked on the head by the nerfbat that it'll be that much more devastating. Think of it this way, taking candy, or in this case bacon, away from a kid who gets everything he wants and desires is hilarious because he will cry more and no one wants to help him 'cause he's fat and ugly. No one likes fat, ugly, greedy babies.

...I think that made sense.
    Guild Officers Blog: http://kotcofficer.blogspot.com/