Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Gj blizzard breaking enh tree

Maelstrom Weapon / Lavaburst hits were ridiculous. It's a good thing they were taken away. If they can somehow tone it back, it would be acceptable to return to the players. However, the damage that players could pump out was unintended. It's like when Frostfire Bolt was hitting for 8k and critting for over 15k. Unforeseen, and overpowered. Of course everyone complained about it, but it was a change for the best in the end. I was pissed when they got rid of Spirit Link, but I knew it was OP, and gave it time. Now, I think Riptide is OP, but whatever... all healers are OP, (except poor poor Holydins).

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin
    im speechless.... i can not beleive they NERFED shaman again

ONE MAELSTROM A MIN?? thats not even worth it, you need a 5 min fight for ONE instant cast spell...
    The system is per minute. It could indeed be just 1 per minute, it could be 30 per minute. Why don't you wait until they tell us how it's going to work until freaking out? Also, they put our Flurry back at 30%, and the DW Hit back to 6%. Those two changes offset the LB spam by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Fünky Führer
    If you're in beta, which I highly doubt since you would know better, you would understand what I'm saying. Enhancement Shaman can and are currently doing heinous amounts of damage if they know what they're doing. When Blizzard said they wanted all DPS roughly on the same scale in terms of output, they weren't kidding. If you've never had an Enhancement Shaman at the top of the list at least once in beta, you have a shitty guild, or you aren't even in a guild, so I could care less about your opinion since guilds are the only ones doing anything that really matters in terms of raw end-game number crunching. Sorry to all the non-guildies in there, but it's all brass tacks, you know.

It's people that make blind accusations like you and your, "in beta enhancement aren't anywhere near the top" statements that really chap my hide. Clearly, you need to either learn what DPS actually is, or at the very least, watch people that understand it better than yourself. Feel free to disagree, but that won't change the facts. Enhancement Shaman, as of this build, and many previous builds, are doing a ton of damage.

Name a class that isn't bitching and moaning right now. Go ahead, I'll wait.

...exactly...

You are correct in that I'm not the only shaman beta testing. But I am testing, which is more than I can say for most "beta testers." The large majority of the people in beta could care less about bugs and glitches, preferring. Instead, 95% of the "testers" are people that run around swinging their e-peens, and if someone runs by swinging something a millimeter bigger, they go running into the hills screaming about how their class is weak and needs to be better. As I said in the previous post, there is nothing wrong with Enhancement as it stands in beta, or Live. They do a crapload of damage, and that's that. If you think otherwise, I encourage you to come to Hyjal and see what the retardedly overpowered Enhancement Shaman our server has to offer you. I assure you, a properly geared and well-played Enhancement Shaman can deal out more damage than you think.

This leaves me wondering, is your entire argument based on the so called boring rotation? If so, allow me to enlighten you to how most classes work; press one of three buttons over and over and over and over and over until the thing you want dead is actually dead. Pretty exciting, isn't it? For years, fire magi had scorch and fireball, so stop complaining already. It's embarrassing. EVERY class forum is full of whining QQ bullshit. So get off your high-horse and calm down. If Blizzard somehow manages to completely screw over the class, (which is laughable), then reroll or leave the game. If all you do is gripe all day without offering solutions or actual constructive feedback, then all you do if hinder the process.

Your armory link and chart link provide a perfect example of how powerful Enhancement Shaman are, and continue to be in PTR/Beta. I honestly don't understand your total QQ post if you know how to play your class as well as this shows that you do. If it helps end your doubt, please realize that what you do now is only amplified in beta. The servers have been having spikes for a couple months, but I can't think of a time of sustained lag that's happened for quite some time. At least not on Northrend or Murmur. You get a couple new "toy" abilities that are kind of neat, and some that are useful, but it is indeed more of the same. The major difference is the damage that you deal in PvE being raised quite a bit, and the diversity you have in PvP.

DPS charts in beta (on average) show:

1) hunter
    2) rogue
    3-5) mage, lock, ret

Now I know you obviously play the class better than anyone else ever. And you are god of the Shaman culture. However you cannot deny the class needs some work. Shaman can dish out dps. However they cannot mitigate their own threat which is part of why they fall behind in overall damage done.

The only thing I was trying to say is that it is a neglected class. Has been for over a year. At 70 the gap isnt that large, they mostly lose out because they dont have a CC. However at 80 the gap increases dramatically. Shamans need help in both the Ele and Enh trees.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Your logic is fatally flawed if you think any tank will lose agro to shaman. Do you understand how much threat tanks are dumping out in beta right now? I'm done arguing with you, since your points are insipid and ridiculous. Come back when you have first-hand experience and not some fail-chart that has oomages ahead of shaman in DPS.

Logic - If every other DPS class uses and aggro dump to continuously DPS and shaman do not then shaman do not produce the same amount of dps (threat) than the other classes.

I know its not as cut and dry as that but it is the simplest way to put it for the hard headed "i think im in god mode" posters.
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

@op

u missunderstood the whole PPM thing

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Let me sum the issue up for some of you who may not understand the current situation:

PTR DPS for ENH shamans is good atm even after the change but not what it was.

Blizz nerfed the one tool we had to make PVP viable again (Maelcrapstrom).
    Which in terms it destroys our Utility and new rotations, which leads us right back to where we were.
    The way they did it was unnecessary (oops we overdid the nerf we'll call it even by just giving u 2 minor things back) Hit and %5 flurry wont matter... we have haste and its proven to raise dps substatially.

This nerf following the nerf of the spirit wolf because "it was too druid like" but the very next patch they gave shamans HOTS... but thats not "druid like" lmao....

People just need to understand that our dps isnt run by maelcrapstrom it wasn't before and it wont be now...
    If they give it limited procs per minute then its a GIMMICK because it would make more sense to just award us a few instant casts per minute than stacking retard charges up to 5 to get the cast...

Idk what your crying about man lol, I'm playing a enh shaman on beta lvl 77 and it rapes. I'm typically at the top of the dps charts so far and i'm still wearing 70 Bt/sunwell gear.

only gripe i have so far is maelstrom wpn change. 15% static proc on melee hit is a little low. 30% would offset the amount of miss we get. I'll admit 100% proc on melee crit was really really OP man. I was solo'ing elite mobs my level from 70-75. Thats really really OP man. I did 2100 dps in VH last week and was barely out dps'd by a 80 bm hunter.

I like how enh shamans are right now. I just wish they would have kept SS to nature,fire,frost since it only affects damage from the shaman. SS is basically worthless atm with lava lash. I dont even use FT wpn on my oh anymore because duel WF so far is by far more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauridius
    You are aware that Blizz says they are working on fixing enhancement right...? So why dont you quit with the QQ and wait until it goes live to see the changes made.
    There Fixing it because we QQ, if no one QQ'd then they would leave it broken.

hi ret pallys.
    [ ]

You know whats funny? Lets seem 10 classes, 3 specs each, which makes 30 different viewpoints. 29 of which are whining about how they are the worst in their bracket.

"My demo lock is only good every 5 min"
    "My feral druid has no vanish"
    "My holy pally cant AoE like a priest"
    "My mage still has competition for DPS spots"
    "QQ QQ QQ QQ"

The one ppl who arent complaining are Unholy DKs >.>.

Shamans are being worked on. No amount of your fucking griping, especially on MMO champion?, is gonna make blizzard make shamans UBER. Sit back and wait like the rest of us. Shit. You and holy paladins, just shut it >.>

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin
    i

ONE MAELSTROM A MIN?? thats not even worth it.
    They said proc per minute mechanic, not that it will proc once per minute. The amount of ppm's could be changed. If it was about 30-50 ppm ability that would mean on average 6 to 10 seconds for a full stack to build, which is pretty close to the original with decent crit. Honestly, I would rather like a 6-10 ppm ability but get rid of the stacking so when it procs you get an instant cast spell.

I admire FunkyFuhrer for his patience,to write so argumented and really good posts,to all the QQ'ers here.
    I mean ppl like Xero crap-bla-crap,who are only whining, FFS people,if you really whine so much about the shaman class,just drop it. Or change the game. Havent you realised,that the shamans,are UTILITY class.
    Our range dps will never be as good as the warlocks,or the mages. Our melee dps will never be the same as the rogues. We will never heal like Priests. GET with this. And remember 1 thing- we are the class,that provides all the classes i just said,with buffs,so they can do more and more Damage/Healing. That is our main point in this game. If you want to make uber spell crits go warlock. Melee crits? Here is the rogue. Healing too low? Welcome priests. But if you want to play the Shaman,then live with this in mind- we can range dps,melee,and heal but none of these will be the best. Its called UTILITY.
    cheers,
    Storm.

P.S. I know i said same thing with different words,but i just dont get it, why ppl continue to QQ ? :S

15+ Year Old Account

We complain because we wished to stay with our characters that we put quite a bit of time and effort into. We speak up now and have been in hopes of change. Well, change is coming with no positive results to quite a few. The new shaman doesn't look like fun. That is why we have complained. And that is why I am giving up complaining since blizzard hasn't done much on our behalf in way too long.

Go ahead and be grateful for your damage and not question the almighty Blizzard.

Fun? What's so fun about being a shaman right now? Resto CH spam in raids, or the LHW spam in PVP? Ele LB/CL spam? Enh SS/Shock spam?

Masters of the Two Buttons of Doom!

[edit] /sarcastic Devil's Advocate for hire (since people apparently don't get it)

Quote Originally Posted by Fünky Führer
    Fun? What's so fun about being a shaman right now? Resto CH spam in raids, or the LHW spam in PVP? Ele LB/CL spam? Enh SS/Shock spam?

Masters of the Two Buttons of Doom!
    *sings* Can I get a QQ?!

Uh... please read this thread and notice how I'm defending the Shaman class, and that I actually enjoy playing it. See that? Weird, I know. I was merely playing Devil's Advocate in that last response, which was apparently over your head.

Please don't go into threads without reading them. You'll make yourself out to be an imbecile.

Oops, too late.

You are so right, Shaman arent fun anymore.

Isnt that the point of this thread? To make the class more than a 1 button mashing class in ay least one of the three trees?

Oh I get it, you are an anti-QQing QQer Funk.
    Definition of useless -

And yet another vapid dullard with the IQ of a shoe that fails to understand the term "Devil's Advocate." Literacy, reading comprehension, and general intelligence seem to be plummeting these days. It's a real shame.

Terry, please show me some logical explanation for your ignorance in this matter. Please? I beg of you, don't let my already dwindling hope for humanity stumble yet again with your predictably limp replies and tremendously misinformed and poorly addressed concerns.

I went ahead and ammended my "QQ" post since some people failed to read the thread, and others failed to "get it."

I did read the post. I was merely playing along with you, I guess THAT was over YOUR head. See what I did there?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mxl
    i really fail
    I only quoted the most important part of your post.

i kinda think alot of ppl lost focus about woot this tread was about more or less, its about that it sucks ass that maelstrom wont work on lavaburst since the 2 elm talent will be crap then or well not crap but harder to tricker. I play enh shammy in raid right now and as it is currently you sit and spam a totem twisting macro on 90% of boss fights and on the others you got 2 buttoms more or less to press, so it would be fun to get so more stuff to do and to tricker that is all .
    And all your ppl just comeing in and saying qq i can only lol at you.
    gz on turning 5 gnowo now your a big boy