Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warlocks could use a new CC to be more raid viable

Looking into WotLK, it seems that fear kiting is out of the question, as we can no longer juggle CoR and any other curse to keep a mob from running into a bunch of his buddies. I was wondering since we seem to be lacking any utility whatsoever, if we could have a more reliable from of CC. Taking a look at this I was thinking that maybe they could make banish effect humanoids (as I'm not sure how common demons will be in WotLK raids) and some other types of targets, so locks could actually fulfill the CC roles in raids as we lack many other utility functions. Now I can see that being able to juggle fear and banish in pvp would be broken, so just add banish to the same dr as fear and make it affected by the pvp trinket and some other talents, so it isn't cyclone with a longer range and cc time.

Re: Warlocks could use a new CC to be more raid viable

As far as PvE goes, seeing this change might not be a bad idea. Fear is like a very last resort as far as CC goes and useing a pet to charm an enemy isn't a great option either as its not very dependable and succubus can be killed, eliminateing that CC all together. With giving Ret pallies and Shammies CC, adding warlocks in there might not be a big deal.

But, as far as Pvp goes, it would make warlocks even more powerful than they already are, probably too pwerful. Fear bomb is still a VERY effective CC, except on warriors, and giving them another may inbalance things.

Not an expert on either subject, but just my 2cents.

Sheep = Humanoids / Dragonkin
    Banish = Demons
    Shakle = Undead

There is no "one class fits all" in Wow ... get over it.

Deleted

yes lets give all classes the same abilities and call it Generic Character1 - no thanks, you roll your class to bring something unique to the raid. Sick of all these children who want the game easier - you've ruined wow nearly to the point of boring with most classes getting abilities they shouldn't really have.

here's an idea for pve.

Fear, instead of causing the mob to run around in a mad state, should cause the mob to stand on the spot still.
    Still feared, but not moving.

but keep the same effect for pvp.

this way, the spell will be exactly the same, but for pve, the spell will be less messy and more controlled

Blizzard has already stated that they want to make warlocks more of a pet class, with the imp being the destruction pet, the felguard being the demonology pet, the felpup being the affliction pet, and the voidwalker the generic solo pet. Making warlocks more of a pet class and then restricting them to a pet *nobody* wants to use if they want a poor CC make no sense at all! I can only hope that demons and elementals are well enough represented. Demons perhaps not.. but elementals sure!

Well, for pvp, banish is very viable, for those stupid enough to take tree form it's fun for that, mage pets, shaman totems, and now, demon form warlocks. Yes, you will be able to banish your brother locks. It sucks because pallies can also use turn undead on them, and the CD on that pally spell has been removed so it can be chained as well.

Why do you say CoR can't be used to keep them from running away? They haven't changed that spell. I think an appropriate thing to do is maybe add a minor glyph that makes it so fear causes the nightmare effect while they're running around(as well as after) to keep them moving slow so you can CoR them if they're headed towards other unfriendlies.
    But in any case be happy with fear, it's the one form of CC that works on everyone(except undead), so learn to control it or suck it up and reroll a rouge like the little bitches they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans
    Sheep = Humanoids / Dragonkin
    Banish = Demons
    Shakle = Undead

There is no "one class fits all" in Wow ... get over it.
    pretty sure you can cyclone all of those, but then again why it starts with a 6 sec duration. rather then most CC's are 10. as for another CC it would be not only op powered but all i would be doign in arena is CC's and not dps'ing or mana draining which is my goal at least for 2's. not to mention another CC would bring DR erros sure i could CC 2 people for 18 or so seconds but then i would have to wait antoher 15 sec before i could do anything, while CC'ing i use it to keep my priest alive or try to kill one of them, whats the point is i have 2 cc's when they both share the shadow DR liek fear and banish. seems point less to me
    maybe...just maybe blizzard will realize one day that you think naming a tree blood they would have at least one crappy bleed effect in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sans
    Sheep = Humanoids / Beasts
    Banish = Demons / Elementals
    Shackle = Undead
    Fixed.

I really don't even care if it effects humanoids and hopefully elements are well represented in WotLK. I figure WotLK will have more undead and evil humanoid type of instances. As I'm not in the beta I don't know. I don't really want more CC for pvp, fear is fine as is for that. it just seems to me that any utility the warlock class served has been stripped from us and given to other people, but in better forms. Add in the fact, that CoR doesn't stop mobs from running anymore and that limits another thing we used to be able to do.

But it probably is just a better idea to tweak fear. Maybe through a minor glyph that makes a target stand in place during the fear effect, but makes damage necessary to break fear less.

whats the point is i have 2 cc's when they both share the shadow DR liek fear and banish. seems point less to me
    As I said this was never intended as buff for pvp. Fear would still be the cc we would be using for that, it was only intended as an added utility for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanctha
    here's an idea for pve.

Fear, instead of causing the mob to run around in a mad state, should cause the mob to stand on the spot still.
    Still feared, but not moving.

but keep the same effect for pvp.

this way, the spell will be exactly the same, but for pve, the spell will be less messy and more controlled

or they could just stand still the whole time, i wouldnt mind that. i usuakky try to cast a incinerate on the feared target when it has 4 sec left and then follow it with another fear. they stand still makes my life easyer =D
    maybe...just maybe blizzard will realize one day that you think naming a tree blood they would have at least one crappy bleed effect in it...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kakapoopoo
    Is this even a serious thread?
    Doubt it.

If anything, Warlocks surely are not useless in raids, nor should they get more CC or anything alike.

There already is a version of Banish in the game that affects players. Too bad it's on a mob.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=8994

If Blizzard decides that's overpowered, then they should give us something that will make a mob "cower" in place and breaks on damage. Something similar to sheep, but without the heal. I'm sure mages would complain, but it'll be a nice alternative to fear. By the same token, you could give it the same DR as Fear/Seduce in PvP and you'll be set.

Quote Originally Posted by thamos
    pretty sure you can cyclone all of those, but then again why it starts with a 6 sec duration. rather then most CC's are 10. as for another CC it would be not only op powered but all i would be doign in arena is CC's and not dps'ing or mana draining which is my goal at least for 2's. not to mention another CC would bring DR erros sure i could CC 2 people for 18 or so seconds but then i would have to wait antoher 15 sec before i could do anything, while CC'ing i use it to keep my priest alive or try to kill one of them, whats the point is i have 2 cc's when they both share the shadow DR liek fear and banish. seems point less to me
    The wierd thing is though that cyclone has diminishing returns, even in PVE ...

Can't you talent seduction to be instant cast? GG?
    "Whenever i crit 10 times in a row on resto druid and can't kill it i exit wow, go outside... walk a bit and find a kitty and beat the fucking shit out of it and throw it in a bush."

-Venator

I thought it was great when the succubus could get the ability, via 3 talent points, to have uninterrupted seduce from damage. But that's gone now. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drearcerberus
    Looking into WotLK, it seems that fear kiting is out of the question, as we can no longer juggle CoR and any other curse to keep a mob from running into a bunch of his buddies. I was wondering since we seem to be lacking any utility whatsoever, if we could have a more reliable from of CC. Taking a look at this I was thinking that maybe they could make banish effect humanoids (as I'm not sure how common demons will be in WotLK raids) and some other types of targets, so locks could actually fulfill the CC roles in raids as we lack many other utility functions. Now I can see that being able to juggle fear and banish in pvp would be broken, so just add banish to the same dr as fear and make it affected by the pvp trinket and some other talents, so it isn't cyclone with a longer range and cc time.
    Blizzard can't please everyone. Not all classes will seem balanced, but it is what it is.

QQ, with a side of QQ, topped with QQ, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker
    There already is a version of Banish in the game that affects players. Too bad it's on a mob.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=8994
    Thanks for making me think about the Blackrock Shadowcasters again, I had nightmares about that place back when they were elites. >_<

User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

Quote Originally Posted by Kakapoopoo
    ;D

Is this even a serious thread?
    i read the title..and laughed.

Or you could just have blizz make Shadow Prison available to locks as CC for PvE and make it not castable on players or in arenas atleast... Something like a shadow shackle with fear implemented.