Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your arena partner and why?

As a Retri Pala im going with a Rogue for the huge burst damage. Stun lock someone and nuke em down. Don't really need a healer as our heals are pretty good as it is as retri spec and should only need the odd heal now and then if all goes tits up.

What class will you have for your arena partner and why?

Re: Your arena partner and why?

I plane to ride the plate train to victorytown with my warrior friend.

I am a druid ... Not hard to figure out what i am playing with ...

I'll be doing arenas on my Ret Paladin with my friend's Dreamstate Druid.

Then, my Resto Shaman will 2v2 with his MS Warrior.

It'll be fun leveling together when we always have a tank and a healer as well. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte
    lol seems like everyone and their dog is a ret pally nowadays.

Anywho, as a ret, i play with a rogue, due to great burst, and great CC in repentance, blind, sap, KS and all that good stuff....its a great combo, just all about timing, and a lot of fun to play.

Games are over in like a minute
    I think you'd be surprised how many people have always wanted to play a Ret Paladin but were so garbage that they had to respec/reroll. Now that Ret is going to be a viable spec you'll see a lot more Ret around.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

Deleted

I am quitting playing my holy. I have been trying arena today but...god damn, there is nothing I can do. Either I get hit by 5 instant cast pyroblasts and die, or I get feared/silenced/stunned and I am again dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudfoot
    I think you'd be surprised how many people have always wanted to play a Ret Paladin but were so garbage that they had to respec/reroll. Now that Ret is going to be a viable spec you'll see a lot more Ret around.
    .. or some of them said screw all the bitching and moaning, picked up a two-hand, and made Ret work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephan
    .. or some of them said screw all the bitching and moaning, picked up a two-hand, and made Ret work.
    I've never once been holy or prot for any period longer than to see how cool my offset gear is.

I do 2's with a rogue because he has everything I lack for pvp.

LOL you lie! ret doesnt work!

In wrath, if I decide to do 2's it will almost undoubtably be a rogue.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Whatever class my friends decide to lvl :P. I have more fun playing with friends than competing at a high level, plus its more fun for me trying to make a unpopular comp work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosorrow
    Whatever class my friends decide to lvl :P. I have more fun playing with friends than competing at a high level, plus its more fun for me trying to make a unpopular comp work.
    The most fun I've ever had in an arena was during Season 2.

I borrowed a friend's Warlock and went into 2v2s alone. First, I would Life Tap until I was nearly dead. Then, I would run out and die instantly. I got down to a ~900 rating.

After that, I put my Paladin on the team. It was fairly amusing soloing 2v2 teams in those brackets.

Lol, now that's just mean. Despite that fact, it's still one of the best ideas I've heard recently. I've heard of people intentionally getting low, but not going in and solo'ing teams. Wish I woulda done that before they changed how ratings worked :P.

A friend and I are going Ret Pally / Enhance Shaman 2's. I forsee it being the new "Druid/Warrior ezmode" combo. Double DPS. Double healer (spellpower ftw). Both have CC (Hex/Repent/HoJ). Neither CAN be CC'd (HoSac/Cleanse/Bubble). Both can remove snares (Earthbind/HoF). Shaman provides snares / interrupts for the Pally, Pally provides extra defense for the Shaman.

Stroooooong god damned combo.

I'm a hunter and my partner is a fire mage.

I chose him because nobody wants to do with arena with a hunter.

ele sham/ele sham/rogue

me/brother/brother

simple.

its ret + caster or you've got a wasted bop. i roll with a mage who swaps specs all the time, usually works best with pom itd seem.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Same as now, with an Enhancement shammy, why? that's what my arena partner will be levelling.

My Hammer. It's all I need.

10k 5v5 arena rating. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    Ret/unholy.

both have decent survival, fair to good damage output, and they really just seem to bounce. ebon plague, hotc, diseases out the ass, vindication, death strike, sheathed art of war.

and plate

and no oom-ness

and all melee spell damage.

I hereby patent this 2's team setup, and require 50 euros per team made with the setup.
    You're generous, Ret/UH might be the ultimate 2 dps.

Amen to that I personally leveled ret, geared ret, put up with all the bitching and pvp'd and raided ret all the way to BT and Hyjal, and the most I ever respecced for was friends sayin we rlly need a tank or healer so I threw on the off spec gear specced it ran it and respecced.
    Neway that isn't the point to this forum at 70 I would actually do 2s with another ret pally when this next patch comes out(currently resto shammy for the wf totem and respectable heals) cuz they have good armor, self sustained healing, and can cc but at level 80 I am still not sure cuz I know a lot of things are different.