1. #1

    Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Is a shockadin spec at all viable in 3.0 or WotLK with the current talent/skill build? Does the amount of spellpower and crit on new gear make it any good? I was hoping for powerful holyshocks, seal of righteousness, vengeance, and consecrations etc. with lots of bonus spell dmg and good mana effieciency and healing too.

    I thought it would be a great way to level because of efficiency while grinding and being able to heal 5-mans.

    Is this theoretical spec dead forever now? Are new talent and class mechanics making this work or killing it?

  2. #2
    Dreadlord shockpally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vatican City
    Posts
    800

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Is a shockadin spec at all viable in 3.0 or WotLK with the current talent/skill build? Does the amount of spellpower and crit on new gear make it any good? I was hoping for powerful holyshocks, seal of righteousness, vengeance, and consecrations etc. with lots of bonus spell dmg and good mana effieciency and healing too.

    I thought it would be a great way to level because of efficiency while grinding and being able to heal 5-mans.

    Is this theoretical spec dead forever now? Are new talent and class mechanics making this work or killing it?
    What would replace it?

    If you want to level as Holy and be able to jump in and out of instances without respecing and maybe just carrying some extra gear for DPS. Then why wouldnt it still be viable? They just made it easier to gear for.

    The Ret talent still improve your spell damage and give you 10% mana savings on HS and consecrate.

    Prot or Ret talents wont help you heal in PVE. So why gimp your soloing capability?

    If you want to join the 100g a day respecers then go ahead and hop back and forth between Ret and Holy to solo or heal instances.


    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

  3. #3

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    its slightly more viable than it was, but seal scaling is broken atm

  4. #4

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Yeah what's the deal with what I've heard about seal's dmg and consecration being weak at 80 despite all the spell power you'd have?

  5. #5

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Yeah what's the deal with what I've heard about seal's dmg and consecration being weak at 80 despite all the spell power you'd have?
    The problem is that they now factor in BOTH spell power and attack power for the SoR and Consecrate coefficients.

    Since Holy Paladins are a bit lacking when it comes to attack power, this has weakened the Shockadin spec's damage output.


  6. #6

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xephan
    The problem is that they now factor in BOTH spell power and attack power for the SoR and Consecrate coefficients.

    Since Holy Paladins are a bit lacking when it comes to attack power, this has weakened the Shockadin spec's damage output.
    this is true but i do believe with the introduction of the deathknight theres a few strength spell power plate pieces floating around im not a hundred percent on this though but if they are that would give a shockadin a bit more juice

  7. #7

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Quote Originally Posted by xenosque
    this is true but i do believe with the introduction of the deathknight theres a few strength spell power plate pieces floating around im not a hundred percent on this though but if they are that would give a shockadin a bit more juice
    I'm honestly surprised that they didn't just give DKs a baseline passive ability that converted AP into Spell Power so that those poor designers wouldn't have to make a separate set of gear for them.


  8. #8

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    Shockadin is atm the weakest "spec" in game. Its not viable for holy palas to lvl as shockadins while other healing classes will pretty much be able to use the same gear for doing their lvling and then enjoying dugeons from 70 - 80. It's one more factor that makes holy a no go in WOTLK. And its one of the things BLizzard will really not bother with at all to fix.
    It's a shame really.

    Shockadins used to be rather fun.


  9. #9

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Shockadin is a dead spec now. Let it go

  10. #10
    Dreadlord shockpally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vatican City
    Posts
    800

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    Shockadin is atm the weakest "spec" in game. Its not viable for holy palas to lvl as shockadins while other healing classes will pretty much be able to use the same gear for doing their lvling and then enjoying dugeons from 70 - 80. It's one more factor that makes holy a no go in WOTLK. And its one of the things BLizzard will really not bother with at all to fix.
    Holy/Prot is the weakest leveling spec for paladin as far as damage output goes. Holy paladin will be using the same spell power gear whether they are Holy/prot or Holy/ret. The difference will be in the talents. Holy/prot relies on being tougher and outlasting mobs. Holy/ret just kills em faster. Without BoL they both heal the same.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

  11. #11

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xephan
    I'm honestly surprised that they didn't just give DKs a baseline passive ability that converted AP into Spell Power so that those poor designers wouldn't have to make a separate set of gear for them.
    Assuming that was no failed troll post:
    DKs don't scale with spellpower, every DK ability scales with AP.
    Hìdden on EU-Blackrock

  12. #12

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    Assuming that was no failed troll post:
    DKs don't scale with spellpower, every DK ability scales with AP.
    That explains why I have yet to see any plate with strength and spell power.

    So, does this mean that the "spells" that scale with AP will still count as spell damage and not be mitigated by armor?


  13. #13
    Dreadlord shockpally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vatican City
    Posts
    800

    Re: Is a shockadin spec viable in 3.0 or WotLK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    Belive me - there will be no BOL holy paladins lvling in WOTLK. Seriously... look at the top tiers in holy and realise that they even nerfedt the int to spellpower part of that tree. Going above tier 6 as holy is totallly pointless at all. And so is gathering healing gear since you can not use it unless you respec between every dungeon run and the the normal quest runs.
    As to the healing gear comment. They kinda didnt give you an option. It will all be spell power stuff. Before you could switch between gear that was clearly spell damage (of the sorcerer) and healing items. Now it will all be spell power. So you get 2 sets in 1. You can still use it for soloing since it will still be plate and shields are always good for holy.

    If i were to buy the expac i would level holy. If holy was worth a damn at 80 that is. I'm not seeing a good reason to go on with my account since WAR is out. I like it a lot too.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •