Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Hand of salvation, will be a big part of 25mans, or even 10s

Who else thanks that we are gonna have some threat management duties?

With Salv gone, i know that this is gonna be the most effect threat reduction ability aside from the ones found within their own classes?

As all paladins will have it, what are the htoughts on its use?

Break down of classses:

Death Knights: I am a noob to their detials, I would think that dps DKs would have use for this because i have not seen threat reduction talents, or a wipe of any kind.

Druids: Boomkin would be the only ones, as you would bot a resto druid that pulls healing threat. These seem like a class that will need to be watched.

Shamans: If elemetal is simalr in BC these guys crit like crazy, and I would think they need to watched becasue grace of air is gone. Same with enchance maybe too.

Mage & Locks: (affliction never really pulls threat) They both have nukes but I would think in wrath these people will be calling out for HoSalves so as to up dps if they hit the threat sealing. Agreements?

Paladins: I have heard ret paladins can go ape shit bat crazy at the start of fights if they pop this within seconds.

Shaodw priests: heals and mana regen puls damage is a lot of theat, so these guys really can pull threat too.

Rogues & Hunters: It seems hunters and maybe rogues might (with tricks of the trade) get lazy and stop chain MDing through the fights. I know they they can threat wipe but they will sit at top thereat I would think.

Fury/Arms Warrior: like shamans and death knights, they dont have threat wipe do they? So they may be in need of this.

So with this being said,

Do yall see yourselves using this every so often?

I know as prot, I would love a mod, if not having to get a better UI that lets me target number 2 threat and cast this on them when HoS is up.

I know healers like to say if they have to do stuff other than heal, people die, but are you agaisnt using it?

Personally I think this is another aspect of raid utitulty this brings to our class, and that Ret will be pegged as having to add this to their list of duties as they dps.

Re: Hand of salvation, will be a big part of 25mans, or even 10s

Seems like you are over analyzing it.

Just cast it on a payer who is: High on threat and broaching the tank, has pulled threat, or is your top DPS and would pull threat if they went all out, but you need a DPS push.

it should be noted that hand of salvation has a 2 minute cooldown

and for threat management, i read in the blue post that explained the hand of salvation that player threat would be adjusted for the loss of blessing of salvation

and there is still vigilance of the warrior for more threat management

Tanks have had major boosts to their threat generation ability with the increase to their DPS as well as the extra abilities and utilities they now have. Hand of Salvation won't really be used generally as to stop people generating threat over the tank due to over-DPSing.

I'd probably see it more as a boss encounter mechanic more than anything, such as for example using it to reduce a tank's threat to switch the boss's target to a second tank or such.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse
    Tanks have had major boosts to their threat generation ability with the increase to their DPS as well as the extra abilities and utilities they now have. Hand of Salvation won't really be used generally as to stop people generating threat over the tank due to over-DPSing.

I'd probably see it more as a boss encounter mechanic more than anything, such as for example using it to reduce a tank's threat to switch the boss's target to a second tank or such.
    Nice, kind of like in bear boss in ZA, or in Alar in TK when u gotta move to a new tank. Never thought of it like that

Its not really needed like the old BoS was, its more of a tool now for when the shit hits the fan
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse
    As said before, all the tanks have had their TPS greatly increased and given even more abilities to make sure they keep on top, especially Protection Paladins. In a 10 man, which is what I am moving to with the release of WOTLK so that I can enjoy more of my time for myself instead of raiding 25 mans, I will have myself, a Prot Paladin, as the MT, and whatever other class I pick up to off tank, with a Ret Paladin always at my side, that gives 2 Hands of Salvations IF they are needed, plus Prot Paladins TPS is crazy IMO so I doubt it will be needed much, at least lets hope, we will just have to wait and see, but I doubt it will be needed as much as you think it might.