Honor and Arena points resetted or not?

Hi,

I have a question about the honor and arena points. I have seen a lot of posts saying they are whiping honor and arena points, and a few days later some blue posts that they are not whiping honor.
    Can anyone tell me what will really happen at the release?

Will the honor points be resetted?
    Will the arena points be resetted?
    Will they reset immidiatly after the release, or will they reset when you hit 71.
    Are you able to keep the honor points untill you are 80 or do you need to spent them before the release or before hitting 71.
    Is it worth now to keep some honor to buy gear at lvl 80?

It would be great to know what to do with with the honor and Arena points I have now.

Re: Honor and Arena points resetted or not?

Honor wont reset and therefor it's safe to save them until you hit 80. I don't like it, but that's what they decided was most fitting. Arena points will reset the second you hit level 71.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/10532...or-update.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bornakk
    We had hoped that the introduction of some new Honor rewards in the upcoming patch would give players a great opportunity to spend any of their remaining Honor. However, many players would still be surprised by an Honor and token reset as it isn’t something we’ve done in the past. As such, we've decided to not reset Honor or tokens upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King. Players who save their Honor will be able to spend it on level 80 rewards, although those rewards will be significantly more expensive than their level 70 counterparts.

you will be able to stack up the 75k honor and spend them when you like. Arena points will be wiped right before or during the expansion release. the end of s4 is on the 14th so you might as well spend your points now.

Quote from: Nethaera (Source)We’re currently planning to end the fourth Arena season on October 14, 2008, and as always -- this date could easily change. This Arena Season is only ending in respect to the ladder, meaning we'll be taking a snapshot of the season's ladder and then go through our normal process to determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards. This process should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for the arena-specific title and/or Armored Nether Drake to refrain from transferring their character to another realm between the date outlined above, and when the end-of-season rewards are physically awarded.

Upon the end of this Arena Season, teams and ratings will not be wiped, and will carry forward allowing players to earn points each week and purchase gear until the launch of the expansion (November 13, 2008).
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

From a UK post, I read that it wasn't.
    Then it showed up on US posts.
    But with this latest PvP blue post.. mentioning a reset.. I got me questioning their intentions.
    Hopefully this will be completely answered without another Blue saying one thing, then another saying different.
    Hopefully not; due to the upRoaR is caused.

Arena points will be wiped? ..Wiped on the 14th and on WotLK launch.. why does that not sound right..
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Thank you for clearing this up for me. I have mixed feelings myself about people saving there honor. I have a character with marks and honor capped. But I also know it can be very unfair people getting a headstart.
    I ques we just have to wait and see.

Does this apply to marks as well? I would assume so, but they don't mention it.

As far as I am aware marks are left alone too. Now they are saying is that arena points, teams and vendors die at some point just before the xpac. No longer the 71 deal they originally mentioned.

15+ Year Old Account

reset honor but let us keep marks.. i don't wanna have do do anymore AB's..

From what I understand, offset pieces will be costing anywhere from 45-60k.

So, even if you are capped, you'll be getting one piece at 80. Seems fair enough.