Goblin vs. Gnomish WOTLK

So, long time lurker and first time poster. I have been watching for topics along this line for a while, but havent seen anything concrete. I'm leveling my alt shammy right now as miner/engineer. I am 63 with like 353 engineering. I havent picked a specialty yet because I'm not quite sure which would be better for my shaman. I will most likely end up elemental or resto by WOTLK endgame.

My question is.. has it been made totally clear what each specialty in ENG is getting? I have seen a few "gnomish" things in name on WOTLK Wowhead. However, I havent seen a lot of goblin items. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some advice for which spec to choose? I used to be gnomish on my main back in the old days of Vanilla WoW and have done goblin on my belf pally. But I'm still unsure of exactly what WOTLK engineers are getting in terms of goblin vs. gnomish. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Goblin vs. Gnomish WOTLK

Well, Im kinda in the same boat. I got engi lvl 375 and got no specialty yet. But I think if you are going to do siegebattles then is the goblin superior. But I´m not quite sure...
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&n=Ishixaph Elemental Shaman PEW PEW LAZER DPS!

Deleted

Goblin Engineer forever man!

Seriously theres not ALOT of differance anymore, however, i still think goblin is alot more fun because of the explosives ^^

I picked gnomish for the tanaris transporter. ofc a few weeks later the CoT portal was announced...

Gnomish has some good gimmicks....Goblin still blows stuff up better.

for a shaman bc i would have recommended gnomish for the CC that the poultryizer can do. Now its not so much of an issue.Though I might still recommend it depending on how easy you can get your hands on the mats for the helm.

From all the searching on the subject I have done...they havent really released any spec specific stuff. But chances are good that things like the portable mailbox will be gnomish...Though thats nothing more then 3 years as an engineer speaking lol.

Although I could easily be wrong about it.

But I would still recommend Gnomish Engineer for a Shaman that is Resto or Elemental.

Goblins are way cooler then puny gnomes. That is all you need to know.

Go goblin engineer, cuss they're at least cooler then gnomes....

Gnomish X-Ray Specs
    Binds when equipped
    Head
    Requires Engineering (350)
    Requires Gnomish Engineer
    Equip: Allows you to see players without clothing and armor.
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=40895

'nuff said.

This whole engineering thing is based what u want out of it. If your looking for stronger bombs and explosives, then go for goblin for that boost in pwnin.

I personally am Gnomish engin. At lvl 70 I was able to make 10,000 gold from making the korium rifle and selling it early in the expansion. Gnomish will still allow you to make bombs, plus you'll get a whole bunch of neat devices, cloaking, parachute, and exotic guns. Gnomish is the way to go if u wanna make tons of gold.

home is where the gnome roams.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbr
    Gnomish X-Ray Specs
    Binds when equipped
    Head
    Requires Engineering (350)
    Requires Gnomish Engineer
    Equip: Allows you to see players without clothing and armor.
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=40895

'nuff said.
    Gnomish ftw! ;D

I chose gnomish engineering because i like their gadgets. I cant blow up stuff as good as gobling engineers but gnomish contraptions are way too cool to pass.

I have the same problem... and its absolutely not getting solved here... people please link stuff and so so u can see what u are choosing... not "AMMAGGAD ITS SO COOL U CAN SEE PEOPLE NAKED"....
    User has been banned permanently for trolling, due to the following post:
    "- making ur pet stronger than a warrior and getting bladestorm and all those cool attacks and yea dont forget that the warlock should get 2 talent points instead of 1 every level."

I appreciate all the comments so far, but I dont see how picking Gnomish NOW will help me make money in the expansion. I agree with Mamacita... can we get some specific links to items? Like I have said, I haven't made much headway on my own wowhead searches. It just feels like there's not a whole lot right now to choose from or some things are NYI.

With the expansion just over a month away, you'd think some of these things would be clearer. Also.. 100g to respec Gnomish/Goblin please. I think its about time they threw us a bone here.