Scarab of the Infinite Cycle for Ret

I was looking at wowhead, and found that they changed Scarab of the infinite cycle to :
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=28190
    With the consolidation of haste rating to affect melee and spells, it seems that this might be really nice. The spellpower isnt ideal, but the fact that we get instant FoL's, those might proc the trinket and 505 haste for melee would be awesome.
    If any ret pallies have this on PTR, you might wanna try it out. I don't have it however, so I have no real way to test myself.

Re: Scarab of the Infinite Cycle for Ret

I have the scarab in live and ptr...
    the proc chance is badly too low and casting fol every 10-15 seconds does not justify the use of this trinket.
    anyway 505 haste rating is really good but still remain a caster only trinket (now better then ever for dps casters).

somewhat off topic but quags eye plus scarab of the infinite cycle, would the haste bonuses stack?

good for caster dps? lol we dont have HOTs or heals, it would never proc for us...
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

I would go with gnome mage

Warlocks need more heals, imo.

curious, i had this when i was an up and comming healer. My question is, if you have this prior to 3.0 is it going to change the stats on it? I know the +heals was one of the best trinkets prior to kara. Another question. For enchanting the best heal enchant is the +81 heals one. when looking at the enchants for the expansion all the high level enchants dont even come close to the +81 one. is it going to be nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunociva
    curious, i had this when i was an up and comming healer. My question is, if you have this prior to 3.0 is it going to change the stats on it? I know the +heals was one of the best trinkets prior to kara. Another question. For enchanting the best heal enchant is the +81 heals one. when looking at the enchants for the expansion all the high level enchants dont even come close to the +81 one. is it going to be nerfed?
    All +healing and +damage are being converted to a single stat called Spellpower. You'll see your +healing will drop to almost half of what it is currently in your character screen when 3.0 goes live, but your healing spells recieve a much larger benefit from each point of spellpower than damage spells. Effectively, you'll heal for roughly the same amount, but the spellpower stat is equalised for casters and healers.

so have they changed the +81 healing enchant in the beta?

the 81 healing enchant is now 43 spellpower.

thanks for the quick reply

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuma
    good for caster dps? lol we dont have HOTs or heals, it would never proc for us...
    woops, I meant healers only.