Disc Priest PvP Builds? (Best)

Hey everyone was hoping to find out some experienced Disc priests opinions on what will be a good level 80 Disc priest PvP build. I'm also looking for what a solid build will look like once 3.0.2 is release for the 70 Build that will last for a months time or so.

Thanks in advancded to all that post.

Deleted

Re: Disc Priest PvP Builds? (Best)

I must say this one of the first threads i like. I mean i like how it started, will never know how it can end.

If you want a pvp disc build, it should be adapted to the kind of pvp go into. I mean it is kinda different if you go in battlegrounds, or arenas. If you go in arena it should be diferent to the arena type you will go more ( 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5) and offcourse the classes you have as teammates.

Anyway advices are not what you asked, you asked for a build so i just build a spec that seems ok imo: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

Take note that this is not the perfect build. So here are some opinions about bigger or smaller changes wich could be usefull
    If you are going in arena with casters only you could go for Improved Divine Spirit.
    If you consider you need more survivability you can go for Enlightenment.
    Meditation can also be considered a good talent if you will consume mana to fast, Divine Spirit is also good for this.
    A probabily strange talent could be Spirit of redemption + glyph of spirit of redemption, should be kinda of a strong combination but i dont know if it will work ok with melee teammates and if the other team is smart. The other team can go after a pillar, and if your mate(s) are melee they will either wait or go after them, out of your sight.

Anyway hope this will help you. Maybe a more experienced pvp disc priest will give an answer with a different build and some other explain.

Edit: Take note that the blizz can change the talent tree, so who knows what will be the talent tree at the release date
    2nd Edit: build fixed with new priest changes(imp fort position switched with imp pw shield)

no one else has any ideas =)

I'm played my friends character on the PTR and I'll see if i can't find his build and post it.

This is what I am currently using on beta.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

As the post above, it matters greatly what you are going for.

For 1v1 (only for duels) Wouldn't see why you would pay money to respec to do so, but if you wanted to, here is what i would spec. Obviously 1v1 you would spec different if you just wanted to spec vs 1 specific class and or spec, but this is generic.
    Disc Tree
    I would avoid Silent Resolve and Absolution because most classes can't dispel your buffs and dispelling for offensive purposes should be at a minimum. I would go IDS and Focus Power for the extra dmg needed to nuke someone, especially healers. I put 3 in Improved PW:S, 3 in Reflective Shield (yes it does hurt), and 4 in Borrowed Time(only 4 b/c i felt points could be used elsewhere better).
    Holy Tree
    Only 4 of 5 in Divine Fury b/c you have to sacrifice something. I chose to split my losses with 4 points each in Divine Fury and Borrowed Time.
    Shadow Tree
    Blackout is nice (cant be relied on but very nice when it procs). Mind Flay is very nice vs melee. Keep in mind its LoS cast so as long as your LoS when you cast it still channels. Imp Fear is nice (especially Dueling as Alliance since nobody has WoTF)
    I ran something similar to this spec (obviously not wrath talents) for when i was grinding dailies on the isle. I am on a pvp server which is 3 to 1 odds against alliance so it was mainly for pvp. I also had some luck running 2's with a rogue (stayed around 1800) with this spec, but ultimately i felt more survivability was better. In the long run it just didn't seem to balance out since my partner was doing most of the snaring and well timed psychic screams are more important than that extra few you get from this spec.

2v2 Arena
    This would be something i would consider running.
    Again i don't take dispelling into that big of a concern in 2v2 since most of the teams you will be facing is either druid/dps or dps/dps.
    Disc tree
    Again major emphasis on PW:S. Arena w/o Pain Suppression is fail imo. I still chose Penance, although currently it can't be cast on yourself, but its only 1 point and i would still grab all 5 in Borrowed time.
    Holy Tree
    Spell Warding is great, 10% reduction on all magic dmg. Divine Fury greatly adds to your nuking capacity which is key in arenas. Only 1 in Blessed Recovery mainly for dispel protection. Improved Healing for mana efficiency.

3v3
    I would probably spec the same for 3v3 as 2v2 unless i was rolling a 2 healer team and then possibly grab Searing Light and Surge of Light for the extra nuking capacity. Keep in mind that you have another healer backing you up so its not all on you for the heals.

5v5
    Disc Tree
    Pick up Silent Resolve since there is more than likely someone to dispel in 5v5. I avoid most of the PW:S talents since it is more than likely gonna get dispelled and a waist of mana to cast it in 5v5 imo. 5 in Enlightenment for more survivability. I picked up Grace and Divine Aegis since they seem more beneficial in 5v5 then 2v2 or 3v3. To be honest i really don't enjoy 5v5 so i haven't done it since early s3 so you might want to get a 2nd opinion about this area.

LVL 70 spec with the new talents
    Mainly same as above 2v2 spec. I personally would choose Desperate Prayer over Penance, since Penance currently cannot be cast on yourself (last i checked). I guess this is a personal preference but i would choose Desperate Prayer.

Meditation is a must for any priest imo. Shadow, Holy, Disc, PvP, and Pve. Especially in Arenas since we usually an outlast team. I cannot tell you how many 2v2 games I've played 15+ minutes long just waiting for that druid to screw up.

Mainly its about sacrifices and what your play style is. I generally play for the long run in arenas and wait for the other team to screw up. This is the case especially vs resto druid teams in arenas. I have had the most success this way, they beat us hands down in every aspect of 2v2 and 3v3, so waiting for them to mess up and capitalizing on it is the key to winning imo.

I hope some of this info is valuable to you. If theirs anything you don't understand or want more info on just ask.

P.S. i think all the links are right but i was shifting through alot of specs =)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    I must say this one of the first threads i like. I mean i like how it started, will never know how it can end.

If you want a pvp disc build, it should be adapted to the kind of pvp go into. I mean it is kinda different if you go in battlegrounds, or arenas. If you go in arena it should be diferent to the arena type you will go more ( 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5) and offcourse the classes you have as teammates.

Anyway advices are not what you asked, you asked for a build so i just build a spec that seems ok imo: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

Take note that this is not the perfect build. So here are some opinions about bigger or smaller changes wich could be usefull
    If you are going in arena with casters only you could go for Improved Divine Spirit.
    If you consider you need more survivability you can go for Enlightenment.
    Meditation can also be considered a good talent if you will consume mana to fast, Divine Spirit is also good for this.
    A probabily strange talent could be Spirit of redemption + glyph of spirit of redemption, should be kinda of a strong combination but i dont know if it will work ok with melee teammates and if the other team is smart. The other team can go after a pillar, and if your mate(s) are melee they will either wait or go after them, out of your sight.

Anyway hope this will help you. Maybe a more experienced pvp disc priest will give an answer with a different build and some other explain.

Edit: Take note that the blizz can change the talent tree, so who knows what will be the talent tree at the release date
    2nd Edit: build fixed with new priest changes(imp fort position switched with imp pw shield)

I cannot believe that you took inspiration over ANYTHING else.

No meditation? No mental agility? You aren't going to last very long without going OOM.

With the changes to spellcasting mechanics, martyrdom doesn't seem like a well-spent 2 points.

Absolution? You really spend enough time spamming dispel that 15% less mana on dispels is going to be more useful than 6% less mana on all instants?

It's somewhat beyond me why people talking about being disc specced but avoiding the PW:S talents.

Sure it can get dispelled... but saying "oh, well in a 5s team there will definitely be someone dispelling so PW:S is useless" is ridiculous; you'll have a dozen buffs up in a 5s match, and if someone wants to spend 10+ seconds spamming dispel/purge, trying to remove a bunch of dispel-resistant buffs... more power to them. I mean, a priest alone can easily end up with 7 buffs up, just from himself, and those are going to be dispel resistant. Furthermore, if a pain suppression helps deal with dispels on focus targets, and I can't think of a better time to use a buffed up PW:S than on a focus who is going down fast.

Besides, ALL of your spells can be dispelled. Are you not going to cast renew, prayer of mending, power infusion, psychic scream, etc., just because that can be dispelled?

Anyways, I think I would shoot for something like this for a disc pvp build: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

I'd be considering improved mana burn, rapture, and/or divine aegis for the last 6 points, depending on personal preference and team makeup (not much point in improved manaburn when you are on a team with huge burst, instead of a drain team).

If you didn't plan on arenas much, I'd find a way to get 5/5 divine fury and 3/3 improved healing, since there are a lot of opportunities to just sit back and spam big heals on allies in BGs. You'd probably have to sacrifice blessed recovery and maybe desperate prayer though, to get those 8 points without having to drop penance. It'd look something like this, I think: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline

My Current spec, Penance is horribly overrated.
    this looks REALLY awesome and innovative to me. i really would like to test this one but i don't have a beta key so.. =( i think you won't last for long in a 3v3 or 5on5 but you could have the deciding advantages in a 2on2 with a rogue for example because of the silence and the games wouldn't take 10 hours or smthn.
    is this template performing well in arena?

Here the build i would chose (probably)

This is mainly focussed on 2v2 with a rogue as teammate.

The main spells i use are PW:S, renew and PoM to keep us alive and try to manaburn the opponents when possible.

This build would give me a lot of survivability and hopefully will keep my mana high enough to last the battle.

**edit** posted the wrong build, updated this with the correct one now.

Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    If you go in arena it should be diferent to the arena type you will go more ( 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5).
    And you're suggesting arena specs?

This for 2v2 most likely, maxed out shield talents and use penance to heal party members meanly, 1 rank of blessed resil and grace for dispell fodder vs shamans and other priests.

for higher bracket tho I can see myself going focused will + blessed resil because everyone likes priest in the bigger brackets.

btw is penance considered a instant cast? Not so sure if it's effected by mental agililty or not.

keep up the great posts, quick question what is a better 2 point talent to move up martyrdom or Imp Fort?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard382
    keep up the great posts, quick question what is a better 2 point talent to move up martyrdom or Imp Fort?
    I'd go for Imp Fort, it's already usefull even before the fight starts.
    Besides, priests are loaded with instant cast spells which wont profit from Martyrdom.

Especially when you are under attack, you wont find the time to start casting a flash heal or greater heal to keep yourself up. You will get kicked/counterspelled etc.

Quote Originally Posted by June
    I'd go for Imp Fort, it's already usefull even before the fight starts.
    Besides, priests are loaded with instant cast spells which wont profit from Martyrdom.

Especially when you are under attack, you wont find the time to start casting a flash heal or greater heal to keep yourself up. You will get kicked/counterspelled etc.
    I' don't agree with this tho. Sure you have alot of instants, but it will not keep yourself up when you have MS debuff and getting melee trained, not like you will get away from them by running so might as well try and juke a heal. Even if you didn't juke it the martydom buff also reduce the duration of the interrrupt by 20%, that alone should be a good enough reason to take it. While imp fort is nice, it becomes useless when it's dispelled, which is a common tactic against priests.

As I understood, Blessed Recovery is buffed and each crits now adds to healing instead of overwrites.
    Have anyone tested? Is it worth putting more than 1 point now?

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli

I heared someone earlier say that they dont go for absolution because most teams are druid/dps or dps/dps. Dps/dps this is true, it doesnt really matter. Druid/dps is where absolution is needed BY FAR the most. You have to be constantly dispelling druid hots, entangling roots, and spamming dispell on his innervate.
    Yes i agree Absolution is a great talent, but to me it's about maximizing efficiency with your talents. IMO (for 2's) 6% mana reduction in PW:S, Renew, PoM, SW:P, SW, and Dispel outweighs 15% reduction in Dispel and Mass Dispel (excluding diseases since I'm not on beta and haven't run across any DK's)

And against Druids if you run around spamming Dispel (hope you don't but your post kind of implys you do) they will just laugh at you, and how much mana you are wasting to HEAL them. I'm not saying don't Dispel against a druid, but you should use some common sense when doing so; especially since Lifebloom is so OP and you are already loosing the mana battle.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

VonGimli mind posting your 70 and 80 specs, you seem to have really good ideas and want to see what your spec is going to look like ;D

Also for Rogue/Priest Which will be better getting grace and penance or going for desperate prayer. I seemes that priest as it is don't have to much problem keeping a rogue up and the prayer could come in to be very clutch and the 2 minute cool down seems good but penance seems like really good spell to be able to keep your rogue up with and gets grace up quickly which also seems really good.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Would 2/2 Aspiration and 2/5 Mental Agility not be better than 4/5 Mental Agility?:

I think this will be my 80 spec, planning to do RMP mainly with rog/pri on the side.

- Martyrdom vs Imp. Fort is a stupid argument. You shouldn't think twice between these two.
    - The point in PW:S could be moved to Imp. Inner Fire, totally preference. I'm thinking about Inner Fire myself since 5% is so minuscule.
    - Absolution should be maxed out. Like someone else said, dispel should be one of your most used abilities.
    - Aspiration to reduce the time on Pain Suppression (3 mins is too long for most arena matches), and the ability for my mage to blow someone up (Power Infusion twice for every one Icy Veins is nice for constant pressure).
    - No Renewed Hope and Divine Aegis because they're geared towards crits. I don't plan on going that path so these two aren't priority for me, but they look nice.

How does

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000
    Look?

DA especially with PoM, Gylph of PW:S And Dispel Being able to crit and flash critting for 3k it seems very viable. With DA you'll also be receiving more mana from rapture. Was wondering if it is worth taking it over Reflective shield? or some other talents.

Opinions?