Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: WotLK - Build 9038

MSW change is a def. nerf from its original form 2 builds ago.

prior to first nerf it took about 10 seconds
    the last nerf made it so it if you are unlucky you could never have a full stack
    now this 'nerf' made it so you will have a stack every X minutes based on the PPM. (so if its 4ppm then it will proc approx every 15 seconds, then 5x15 = 75s)
    It's just a game.

Re: WotLK - Build 9034

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus
    That did it for me. Last night I almost decided to shelf my lock Shaman and go for a DK and with another nerf to locks Shamans when we have been screaming for any buff at all just put the final nail in the coffin for me.
    It's not so much the nerf to corruption MSW or the lack of anything positive at all for us in this build; it's more of the blatant disregard they have for us. When they deliberately do the opposite of what we ask for it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. I have no illusions for this class anymore for WoTLK.

DK here I come.

Cookie-cutter QQ is Cookie-cutter

Seriously shamans said the same thing last build...

I wish they would include that same notice they did last time they patched stuff
    "every other class is going to get buffed and your class will get next to nothing"

it seems to fit what everybody thinks lol
    Patch changes quote from: Tigole
    --Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered.

They nurfed Thunderstorm among a few other things too. TS was nurfed about 400 dmg.

Elemental Oath was increased to 15 secs, up from 10 sec
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Okay, here is one change you don't have.

Shield of the Templar now also reduces all damage taken by 1/2/3%.

Critical Block is something we're still keeping our eye on. I'm not going to promise a paladin version, but it's totally something we'll consider if paladin blocking starts to fall behind.

Whoever said it, yes it's absolutely going to be a challenge trying to get parity among 4 classes with totally different mechanics, and in some sense the warrior to paladin comparison is the easy one. But we don't like having only one MT class, and we don't like giving everyone very similar gear, talents and abilities to tank, and we don't like the situation where you need a different tank for every fight because they all excell at certain types of encounters and suck at others. So the option we're left with is to have 4 who are different but relatively equal.
    Protadins rejoice--more buffs.

15+ Year Old Account

change the elemental glyphs from 4 minutes to 5 and i'll love blizzard for ever.

Elementium enters Arena

*mage casts water elemental! (wittle pewpew)*
    Shaman casts Fire elemental and tears shit up!(mage is on fire )*

From the game:

MSW's duration still 30sec, but you build it up to 5 stacks very fast again (but I don't see it procc on each attack, sometimes the combat logs show me 3 proccs without a hit between them).

German Tooltip and Shaman changes on this site tell us, MWS is still effecting Lava Burst, but it does not!
    No instant Lava Bursts anymore like

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

We're changing Maestrom Weapon to no longer affect Lavaburst. We are also changing the proc rate to a proc per minute mechanic instead of a chance on hit.
    told us.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Every crying Enhancement Shaman out there should try the BC version of Retribution Paladin and then shut their pieholes.
    -.-

Quote Originally Posted by jkw
    Every crying Enhancement Shaman out there should try the BC version of Retribution Paladin and then shut their pieholes.
    your fault you didn't listen and went LoLret. SWP geared ret pallys pwn face regardless.

8 second daze on blade twisting? very nice for levelling tbh

Deleted

MW seems to be rolled back to before the nerfs. As in, it either procs from crits or just PPM is very high as I am spamming it pretty much every 5-10 seconds now (runing OOM ~10-15sec before SR is up again in effect :P). Though I couldn't be bothered to level up my shammie on beta (and premade isn't copied yet), so can't say if it makes LvB instant or not (tooltip says it does, but tooltip seems to be bugged/work in progress) as LvB is not available on lvl70.

Anyway, my tests in full T6 and other SP gear shows that (counting in totems and wolves, no other buffs, no heroism) I can cross 2k DPS VS lvl70 dummy. My personal DPS hovers around 1650, searing totem is ~100DPS, then wolves are in average ~270DPS - and that's with 2 slow weapons and WF on both (+WF glyph). WF/FT on slow/slow gave me a bit over 1900 DPS, and WF/FT with fast offhand is very close to WF/WF, though my fast offhand was of worse quality and not enchanted so it could very well surpass WF/WF if it would be enchanted. Ah, and all test were done in 5 minutes (full totem's duration).

TLDR - my DPS on beta on lvl70 is way higher than on live, crossing 2k self buffed. No idea how it will look like in raids, but solo (VS lvl70 dummy, no external buffs/debuffs) I am easly over-DPSing warriors and hunters with similar gear. With all the raid buffs it will probably be very close betwen each DPS class now. I really see no reason to whine about enh. shamans in PVE in the current state, though alot can still change with numbers before patch.

Im not sure what to think of the new Warrior Taunt, I enjoyed intervening then taunting, added a little more to tanking than just hitting taunt as it runs away.

Quote Originally Posted by pengo
    8 second daze on blade twisting? very nice for levelling tbh

the 4seks Blade twisting thing was only a Typo wich accure because of the latest sinister strike buff.
    It was alsways 8 secs, it was 8 secs even if the tooltip said 4... i know, I tested it.

They let it sound like a buff to make us happy, but it isnt, it's just a tooltip correction.

oh and, nevertheless, blade twisting is still shit... if it isnt better than crippling poisen than there is no use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turboneko
    ROFL Play a shammy then you have a right to complain. Must be a real bitch being the most overpowered class for the 4 years this game has existed.

And to whoever said that the new MSW is a nerf.. I don't see how something that was originally based on not hitting bad crit patches in 30 seconds gets reworked to proc every melee hit is a nerf.
    You're a fucking moron and a liar. I guess you didn't play PreBC when before patch 1/7 Warlocks were the most gimp class out there and PreBC when Enhancement Shammies were the OP/FotM class of choice. Idiot.

Also, lol if you think warlocks were the post powerful PVP class in BC. Or even close.

--------

Warlocks got ZERO changes this build. Both the changes MMO-Champ has listed are simply tooltip fixes, both of those "changes" were already in the beta (and had been for a while).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Turboneko
    ROFL Play a shammy then you have a right to complain. Must be a real bitch being the most overpowered class for the 4 years this game has existed.

And to whoever said that the new MSW is a nerf.. I don't see how something that was originally based on not hitting bad crit patches in 30 seconds gets reworked to proc every melee hit is a nerf.
    People like you really make me laugh. If you have a clue at all about WoW you would know that locks were totally gimped for the first year or so of the game. After that we were considered the strongest class a short time before TBC and a bit into S2 and that's all. Shamans were god mode for a long time in vanilla WoW, in fact up until TBC. By the way, if you ever bothered to read the patch history of locks you would learn that we have been consistently nerfed in nearly all of them and it’s common knowledge and yet we didn’t whine for all that time. Instead we learned to adapt and overcome but there is a limit and that limit has been reached now.
    So this time we are more than entitled to whine.

By contrast the shaman community is the biggest whiner of WoW. Ever since you lost your god mode in vanilla WoW you have easily overtaken mages for the number 1 whining spot in this game. All I ever see when a shaman posts something is whine, whine and more whine.

You know it’s no coincidence that IBTS is a common used abbreviation when you post anything on the forums. By the way, it means In Before The Shamans and too bad I forgot to add it to my original post. People like you will whine whatever happens; it’s in your nature.

What is the Wintergrasp Commendation?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus

Have we been playing the same game? Locks have been consistantly nerfed the entire TBC, just go and check the history of the patches. It was a long time since locks were dominating anything so what balancing are you talking about?
    They remain the highest DPS in PVE to the chagrin of every other dps class, particularly mages. You are correct that they have been nerfed from insane in PvP to dangerous but very manageable.

Thoughts of the day:
    -Allows us our s3 shoulders, with no rating, for s5. Honestly should drop s3 to honor and drop s2. (Precedent)
    [/quote]

Since S5 is going to be L80, this would be a meaningless change. Blue L80 pvp gear will exceed even S3 L70 epic

Every holy paladin is going to have that glyph of holy light.
    10% of healing to 5 other people is awesome for raids. And probably pvp especially arena.
    Thats pretty much the best aoe healing spell paladins have now.

Just so you know, the icons for Imp. PW:S and Imp. Fort are switched. The tooltips are correct, however.