Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    Ok so maybe MSW has been fixed, but even with the good proc rate does it allow us to use up 4 charges of personal nature damage from stormstrike every 8 seconds? If not Blizzard need to fix stormstrike, even if they removed extra charges I wouln't care, but they clearly didn't think about it when we had to do 4 counts of nature damage in 8 seconds to make use of charges.

    And even if the ppm system is currently better that the old 100% on crit system, I still prefer the crit system because it actually scales with gear, but if MSW stays as it is as ppm with a decent proc rate I'm content for now I guess.

  2. #22

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    Quote Originally Posted by habaja
    Ok so maybe MSW has been fixed, but even with the good proc rate does it allow us to use up 4 charges of personal nature damage from stormstrike every 8 seconds? If not Blizzard need to fix stormstrike, even if they removed extra charges I wouln't care, but they clearly didn't think about it when we had to do 4 counts of nature damage in 8 seconds to make use of charges.

    And even if the ppm system is currently better that the old 100% on crit system, I still prefer the crit system because it actually scales with gear, but if MSW stays as it is as ppm with a decent proc rate I'm content for now I guess.
    Seriously this is exactly what I was referring to. As it is MW procs fast enough to use it on a 4 or 5 second fight. Scaling? you have got to be kidding me, what do you want it to be 1 stack for instant cast that procs every swing? How often do you really think your mana pool would allow you to use it? I have yet to have a single fight where I wasn't able to use a full stack of 5. It already procs to fast and you want to make it so it can proc faster over time? You don't want balance, you want god mode.

    As for stormstrike, your complaining it has to many charges and that they should make it better by lowering that number. Yeah that makes sense. How will lowering the number of charges actually affect you?

    You are overpowered and you want more. Its always give me more.

  3. #23

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Target Dummies are inaccurate.

    The real test will be how it effects raid DPS. I hope it puts us on par with the other top DPSers. I just refuse to get my hopes up at this point. Besides, Blizz is always quick to nerf shaman whenever they start looking viable again as anything more than a raid healer.
    speaking on testdummies, why can't blizz make them lvl 73, and 83 dummies, at least get a more accurate picture for raiding.

  4. #24

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    Quote Originally Posted by habaja
    Ok so maybe MSW has been fixed, but even with the good proc rate does it allow us to use up 4 charges of personal nature damage from stormstrike every 8 seconds? If not Blizzard need to fix stormstrike, even if they removed extra charges I wouln't care, but they clearly didn't think about it when we had to do 4 counts of nature damage in 8 seconds to make use of charges.

    And even if the ppm system is currently better that the old 100% on crit system, I still prefer the crit system because it actually scales with gear, but if MSW stays as it is as ppm with a decent proc rate I'm content for now I guess.
    I'm using the macro: /castsequence reset=8 Stormstrike, Earth Shock, Lava Lash. I spam that macro repeatedly while suing LB when MSW is stacked, and I repeatedly use all four charges of SS.

    L2P?
    Intel Core i7 950 @ 4GHz, 1.34v | ASUS Sabertooth X58 | MSI R6870 HAWK | 12GB G.SKILL Sniper @ 1600MHz 8-7-8-20-1T | Acer S211HLbd | Noctua NH-D14
    Corsair Graphite 600T SE | Corsair HX750 750W PSU


  5. #25

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    Quote Originally Posted by metzin
    I swear there is seriously no way to make this class happy. They gave you back a proc rate that is just as fast as it was when it was base off crits. Now I see people bitching because they are going through mana to often. People are complaining because lavaburst which when attached to MW was extremely overpowered does not work with it because of the synergy loss, yet in my testing elemental devastation was up consistently.

    In its current state it procs to often and is probably a bit over the top. I am in all leather armor with only about 5K mana and my lightning bolt DPS is sitting close to my melee DPS and is higher then my WF dps with slow/slow weps. There were times where I was able to instant lighting bolt less then 3 seconds after my last one. I watched my MW charges got from 1 to 5 instantly more then once. I ran with a group of guild members and I was easily topping the DPS meters over the rog and lock.

    It really is amusing, even when we have OP dps, people still bitch about how much we suck. Go back to your god mode cheats on other games, obviously if your not better then everyone else its not good enough for you.
    Most of the posters in this thread are pretty pleased right now? If the class is so great, why are you so pissed? Calm down, this was a reasonable thread, we don't need reasonable posts getting slammed for no reason.

  6. #26
    myrddinde
    Guest

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    speaking on testdummies, why can't blizz make them lvl 73, and 83 dummies, at least get a more accurate picture for raiding.

    There is a level 83 Dummy, fyi.

  7. #27

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    K so I tested it out for a few minutes.. It's FAR too badass.. and will be nerfed. Although maybe not as it is one of our powerful spells deep in enhance.

    But yeah for me on the 70 testing dummies the my rotation of flameshock, stormstrike, lava lash (melee till it's 5 proc'd) then lightning bolt. I kept that going at a pretty steady pace. this was on the PTR.
    You might be right that it's too strong and will be nerfed, but maybe not as bad as we might think. GC did say that they were making MW not affect Lava Burst any longer, and this new proc system is part of the compensation. We lost a synergy with elemental devistation that will decrease our dps, so our gains here aren't terribly OP.

    Now I'm guessing they'll just tweak the ppm to something they (and hopefully we) like.

  8. #28

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    The wording on the talent in game is exactly the same for ALL 5 POINTS... anybody know why?
    It's just a game.

  9. #29

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde

    There is a level 83 Dummy, fyi.
    it doesnt have elite boss stats to make real estimates on bosses

  10. #30

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    The only reason the crit based MSW was removed was because of caster gear and DW FT/FT fast weapons making lavaburst have way to much synergy and becoming OP in general. So to fix this they made changes to everything. Now they are starting to restore it to how it was little by little while avoiding people wearing caster gear. I'm sure there will still be more changes to come, i dont think any major nerfs though. personally, i'd rather have a slower proc(not to slow obv) rate if they can find a way to put lavaburst back in so we can have an auto spell crit again. slower cooldowns, less damage on certain abilities maybe, but having an auto crit spell is great for pve and pvp. Also, even when its possible to use all 4 charges from ST in 8 seconds, there is def no reason for it to be my spells only. if fire and frost was put back in, then yes, it makes sence, but as it stand i think ST could be improved. Overall though i am happy with the current changes.

  11. #31

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    I'm happy for Enhancement Shamans now. Thank you Blizzard.

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer Levva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Posts
    3,520

    Re: MSW procs revealed....

    The wording on the talent in game is exactly the same for ALL 5 POINTS... anybody know why?
    Its been calculated at roughly 2.5 ppm per talent point which gives roughly 12.5 ppm at 5/5 talents.

    I'm using the macro: /castsequence reset=8 Stormstrike, Earth Shock, Lava Lash. I spam that macro repeatedly while suing LB when MSW is stacked, and I repeatedly use all four charges of SS.

    L2P?
    Hmm this is a fail. You say L2P and you advise using a macro that reduces you to a one button spam kiddie? Someone who has learnt to play knows when to use his best ability at the best time and doesn't rely on a one button spam. Especially one that's not even that great, as you are losing lots of shock and lava lash dps having a 2 sec gap between them off CD and using them, remember that they are 6 sec CDs.

    speaking on testdummies, why can't blizz make them lvl 73, and 83 dummies, at least get a more accurate picture for raiding.
    and
    it doesnt have elite boss stats to make real estimates on bosses
    These exist in Dalaran and have done for ages. All of the testing for the EnhSim and the work on the Elitist Jerks forum in fine tuning our numbers have used these test dummies, so they are good enough. Where they fail is abilities that scale on dmg. eg: the puppies do lower dmg as the training dummies have 1hp, and most is lost to "overkill" - see the EJ forum thread for exact details.

    Seriously this is exactly what I was referring to. As it is MW procs fast enough to use it on a 4 or 5 second fight. Scaling? you have got to be kidding me, what do you want it to be 1 stack for instant cast that procs every swing? How often do you really think your mana pool would allow you to use it? I have yet to have a single fight where I wasn't able to use a full stack of 5. It already procs to fast and you want to make it so it can proc faster over time? You don't want balance, you want god mode.

    As for stormstrike, your complaining it has to many charges and that they should make it better by lowering that number. Yeah that makes sense. How will lowering the number of charges actually affect you?

    You are overpowered and you want more. Its always give me more.
    He was making a reasonable point, your lack of knowledge interpreted this as a whine. Mana is tighter now but that varies according to raid buffs. On SS he was complaining that with Imp.SS the extra charges are difficult to use up in time. As to get 4 nature spell dmg in within 8 seconds is harder to achieve without dropping Flame Shock all together and making it redundant - surely not what blizzard intends? Dropping the bonus charges and changing the coefficients would rebalance it better. Or simply restoring fire & frost now that LvB no longer is instant cast with 5 MW, would work.

    on the PTR right now LB is in MW. I was just trying it out quick on the dummies and stack 5 so freaking fast I couldnt belive it.
    Whilst the tooltip says you can use it you can't, trust me this has been tested to death on the beta where people actually have the Lava Burst spell.
    Author of The official Rawr addon - view your optimised gear in game and ShockAndAwe addon - An Enhancement Shaman Max dps addon
    Click here to join Elitist Jerks and participate in detailed theorycrafting discussions.
    For Cataclysm raiding use EnhSim the Enhancement Shaman DPS simulator to work out what stats are best for your personal gear & talent setup.
    Forum Posting Rules

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •