Thread: Vampiric Touch

  1. #1

    Vampiric Touch

    I am a bit confused about the new Vampiric Touch spell... I don't understand it tbh...

    I regenerare mana equal to 0,25% af my maximum mana per second when I cast mind blast... Im not sure how that will work

    Can someone plz make it clear to me?

    Thanks alot all

  2. #2

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    it lasts for 15 secs so you get 3.75% of your mana back.


    cooldown on MB is 6.5 secs so you get 2x regeneration buff from one VT

  3. #3

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Which doesn't stack with paladins judgment of the wise and hunters hunting party, you just refresh each others replenishment
    it's poor on 70 but should be decent on 80
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

  4. #4

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogel
    it lasts for 15 secs so you get 3.75% of your mana back.


    cooldown on MB is 6.5 secs so you get 2x regeneration buff from one VT
    so you try to say that VT will regenerate 0.25% mana to 10 members just by casting it? and if you also cast mind blast it will add another 0.25% mana regen with each mind blast? and the mana regen stops when the 15 seconds will end?

    damn... this is not the first strange tooltip from blizzard

  5. #5

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    Which doesn't stack with paladins judgment of the wise and hunters hunting party, you just refresh each others replenishment
    it's poor on 70 but should be decent on 80
    so if the hunter /pala /SP will give replenishment to 10 members, a second replenishment will not take that in consideration and try to replenish other nonreplenished targets?

    also will the replenishment check if a class uses mana or runic power or rage or energy? will it affect non mana players? and if it will not affect non mana players, what will the situation of shapeshift druids? will they be affected or not while shapeshifted?

  6. #6

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    so you try to say that VT will regenerate 0.25% mana to 10 members just by casting it? and if you also cast mind blast it will add another 0.25% mana regen with each mind blast? and the mana regen stops when the 15 seconds will end?

    damn... this is not the first strange tooltip from blizzard
    The tooltip is rather confusing because Bliz has been messing with the talent for several revisions. Simple answer, No. Having just VT on a target will not proc the Replenishment buff. You have hit a target that already has VT on it with a mind blast, then it will proc on the 10 people with the lowest amount of mana in the party/group/raid. You should be able to cast 2 MB's before VT falls off the target. The 0.25% mana regen does NOT stack with the Replenishment effects from ret pallys or survival hunters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    Which doesn't stack with paladins judgment of the wise and hunters hunting party, you just refresh each others replenishment
    it's poor on 70 but should be decent on 80
    How will this be at all decent at 80? Even with 20k mana it's only 50MP5 or about what a shadow priest currently only doing 1000DPS on Live servers would be able return at 70. With WotLK at level 70 with 10k mana it'll only be 25MP5. This is a huge nerf to our utility. Bliz needs to reevaluate how the "Replenishment" effect will work as it scales really poorly. I think VT would be a little more useful for us if it returned a % of mana every time we hit a mob with MB when it's effected with VT similar to how Judgements of the Wise returns 33% of base mana to a ret pally every time he/she judges.

  7. #7

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Azoth

    How will this be at all decent at 80? Even with 20k mana it's only 50MP5 or about what a shadow priest currently only doing 1000DPS on Live servers would be able return at 70. With WotLK at level 70 with 10k mana it'll only be 25MP5.
    .25% of 20k mana is.... 50mana Per second. Not 50mp5. So 250 Mp5. 1000DPS on live.

    10k mana will be 25 mana per second and 125 Mp5 at 70ish. Equivalent to a SP doing 500 DPS. Awful - but then that is blizzards intent. Now our DPS may scale.

  8. #8

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    .25% of 20k mana is.... 50mana Per second. Not 50mp5. So 250 Mp5. 1000DPS on live.

    10k mana will be 25 mana per second and 125 Mp5 at 70ish. Equivalent to a SP doing 500 DPS. Awful - but then that is blizzards intent. Now our DPS may scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Equivalent to a SP doing 500 DPS. Awful - but then that is blizzards intent. Now our DPS may scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Awful - but then that is blizzards intent. Now our DPS may scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Awful - Now our DPS may scale.
    he said it
    and also, all the things already said is true :>
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

  9. #9

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Blizzard dropped the utility lowers dps jibberjab..

    Replenishment is just plain awful.

  10. #10

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Azoth
    The tooltip is rather confusing because Bliz has been messing with the talent for several revisions. Simple answer, No. Having just VT on a target will not proc the Replenishment buff. You have hit a target that already has VT on it with a mind blast, then it will proc on the 10 people with the lowest amount of mana in the party/group/raid. You should be able to cast 2 MB's before VT falls off the target. The 0.25% mana regen does NOT stack with the Replenishment effects from ret pallys or survival hunters.
    So they will get a buff that stays for 15 sec or does it end when the mob dies or vt duration ends.
    If it will stay for 15 sec on them will they get a refresh each time you cast a mind blast? If the lowest mana members will be replaced by other raid members that will have lowr mana will they also get the replenishment effect? or will the first 10 players loose theyr buff and the new 10 gain it?

    I dont wanna insist to much but my curosity about how replenish will work is kinda huge.
    I wonder how many swears will get a retri paly for getting the replenish buff because he is low mana eventhough he has his own methods of mana regen and he will not need that mana, same for the sp that can use either divine plea or dispersion or hymn of hope so he will not really need his own replenish

  11. #11

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Gleaning what I can from Blizzard posts, this is how I think the current incarnation of Replenishment works.

    Say you have a 25 man raid, and there is a Shadow Priest and a Ret Pally in the raid.

    Ret Pally judges; 10 people with the lowest percentage of mana (total mana minus mana used) will get the Replenishment buff.

    Shadow Priest uses VT+MB; internal coding scans the raid, looks for the 10 people with the lowest percentage of mana, checks for Replenishment buff, it skips targets that already have the buff and moves on to the next 10 people to give them Replenishment.

    Essentially 2 players can consistently keep the lol mana return going for 20 players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    So they will get a buff that stays for 15 sec or does it end when the mob dies or vt duration ends.
    If it will stay for 15 sec on them will they get a refresh each time you cast a mind blast? If the lowest mana members will be replaced by other raid members that will have lowr mana will they also get the replenishment effect? or will the first 10 players loose theyr buff and the new 10 gain it?
    You apply VT, nothing happends.
    You Mind Blast a target affected by VT, the game select 10 mana users and grant them a 15 second buff.
    You Mind Blast again, and the buff either renews, or is granted to people with lower mana.

    The buff doesn't get removed unless it's either dispelled , manually removed, or the time run out , example:



    I cannot confirm about it renews on people who allready got it.

  13. #13

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    wait does this mean you only have to cast VT once? and everytime you cast MB it renews the duration on the target?

  14. #14
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    wait does this mean you only have to cast VT once? and everytime you cast MB it renews the duration on the target?
    It renews the replenishment, NOT the VT duration!

    Replenishment is a buff you recieve.

  15. #15

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Azoth
    The tooltip is rather confusing because Bliz has been messing with the talent for several revisions. Simple answer, No. Having just VT on a target will not proc the Replenishment buff. You have hit a target that already has VT on it with a mind blast, then it will proc on the 10 people with the lowest amount of mana in the party/group/raid. You should be able to cast 2 MB's before VT falls off the target. The 0.25% mana regen does NOT stack with the Replenishment effects from ret pallys or survival hunters.
    How will this be at all decent at 80? Even with 20k mana it's only 50MP5 or about what a shadow priest currently only doing 1000DPS on Live servers would be able return at 70. With WotLK at level 70 with 10k mana it'll only be 25MP5. This is a huge nerf to our utility. Bliz needs to reevaluate how the "Replenishment" effect will work as it scales really poorly. I think VT would be a little more useful for us if it returned a % of mana every time we hit a mob with MB when it's effected with VT similar to how Judgements of the Wise returns 33% of base mana to a ret pally every time he/she judges.
    Im not sure its a nerf really. The mana back on live was 5% of shadow spells damage done while VT was on. The only nerf i can see is limiting it to Mind Blast. However the fact that the replenishment effect last 15 seconds you probably only need to refresh it every 15 seconds. It all depends on if Mind blast is more dps than just mind flaying the mob. As for numbers, well I'll let some experts sit down and work out if its actually a nerf in that aspect.

    A simple scenario is just compare a mind blast:
    Right now on live:
    A lvl 70 priest with 760 shadowdamage and full ranks in Darkness would end up with (max damage)

    Damage_done = (752 + (1.5/3.5) * 760 * 1.0) * ( 1 + 0.10 ) = 1185
    (Took that from wowwiki http://www.wowwiki.com/Mind_Blast)
    That equates to 59.25 mana just from mind blasting. Also lets assume that you cast mindblast every time its up thats 59.25 mana/8 seconds thats 37.03125 mp5.

    Lets assume the priest has about 8k mana (which is awfully low considering people walking around with 10k + mana)
    Then with the new talent 0.25%*8000 = 20 mana/sec = 100 mp5.

    So with just mind blast alone it seems this talent is alot better. However I havent accounted for mindflay, and shadow word pain and all these other dots an spriest can do. But I am guessing it might just addup to about 100 mp5. At lvl 80 where people have at least 13k mana plus then this 0.25% becomes 32.5 mana/sec = 162.5 mp5.

    But with all these type of Replenishment effects affecting 10 people max I think its considerably better than what we have now considering a Shadow Priest is the only one who gives back mana, then shuffling people around who need mana. One thing I like about these effects is that the mana back is not dependent on the spriest damage output, but on the person getting the replenishment effect.

  16. #16

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Asingh
    One thing I like about these effects is that the mana back is not dependent on the spriest damage output, but on the person getting the replenishment effect.
    Could not disagree more. The reason I obsessively watch cooldowns, strive for every little bit of damage I can, despite having te lowest DPS, is because of that link. I liked it. It may me feel important, like my performance mattered.

    Now I'll just get used to spamming flay....

  17. #17

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Could not disagree more. The reason I obsessively watch cooldowns, strive for every little bit of damage I can, despite having te lowest DPS, is because of that link. I liked it. It may me feel important, like my performance mattered.

    Now I'll just get used to spamming flay....
    no you wont considering there are 3 classes to grant replenish effect your dps+hps has to match their dps, and your mana replenish utility will not grant you a raid slot, the only utility a sp has in front of other replenish classes is the heal from VE that will grant mana to some palas. The VE heal itself will not be a plus but normal must to a SP since his not a top dps-er. If you consider just dps +mana replenish buff, any hunter or pala will take your place

  18. #18

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    no you wont considering there are 3 classes to grant replenish effect your dps+hps has to match their dps, and your mana replenish utility will not grant you a raid slot, the only utility a sp has in front of other replenish classes is the heal from VE that will grant mana to some palas. The VE heal itself will not be a plus but normal must to a SP since his not a top dps-er. If you consider just dps +mana replenish buff, any hunter or pala will take your place
    What on earth are you one about? My roll has gone from mana regen to 'another DPS'. yes I grant replenish - but I preferred the regen being linked to my DPS.

    I said I have to get used to spammming flay, as in just becoming a DPS with minor benefits, and you tell me ' If you consider just dps +mana replenish buff, any hunter or pala will take your place'. What does that mean? All three of us can do the same job? I know that. But they won't have my sparkling personality to get them a raid spot....

  19. #19

    Re: Vampiric Touch

    I kind of see your point on losing your unique roll in a raid but thats what blizzard has been trying to move away from. For example currently most mts are warriors, simply cause there the best at it, You hardly find druids or paladins mt. Anyway I am straying, the facct that there are two other classes who can give mana back gives a guild options, no longer is it "hey we need an spriest tonight" but all the spriests are offline. In the end of the day they are trying to make all classes usable in raids and if you dont have one class another can bring the buffs or specialitys.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •