Thread: DKP in WotLK

DKP in WotLK

So when TBC hit and everyone levelled there merry selves to 70 and started poking around in Kara, I noticed alot of guilds chose to distribute loot via the roll system (including my own). Then along came 25 mans in all their splendor and most of the guilds booted up their DKP system to handle loot distribution within the guild (including my own again). Then comes ZA, I can't speak for everyone here but I know alot of guilds decided to keep their DKP system solely for the 25 mans and reverted to rolling again for ZA.

This long winded expostional opening of this post leads me to my question, how will you other guild leaders/officers be distributing loot in WotLK? Will you be keeping dkp for the 25 man versions and using /roll for 10 man versions? Or will you be using DKP for both versions?

On a side note, also what are you guys planning to do with players current DKP when WotLK hits? Wipe everyone's DKP back to 0? Or let them keep their current amount to spend in Naxx?

Discuss ;D

Re: DKP in WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_glider
    On a side note, also what are you guys planning to do with players current DKP when WotLK hits? Wipe everyone's DKP back to 0? Or let them keep their current amount to spend in Naxx?
    Wiping them, ofc.

i think a method where people can buy items from 10 mans with dkp at option. But they pay the same price for 10 man tier 7 legs as they would for 25 man tier 7 legs. This would discourage people from just mindlessly using up dkp... but at the same time will allow them to get items in slots they might not have a chance at in 25 mans. If you are an OT, and you REALLY need a tanking ring, you can snag one up while you MT the 10 man, because you know the first tanking ring to drop in 25 mans WILL go to the MT (most likely).
    Almost kinda like pugs (at least the ones where ive been in) where say you down a boss, joe rolls a 99, and dave rolls a 87. dave goes "hey joe, i'll give you 300g if you let me have that item instead"
    However, in my scenario, I'd say make them spend the DKP BEFORE rolling. (this would prevent people from using their DKP ONLY if they lose. if you want an item enough to guarantee getting it, spend the dkp)

Deleted

We have a very simple solution, since we all hate DKP:

-All needers can roll on an epic, but people who already received an epic during that run, can not initially needroll for the epics dropping after that. However, if there are no needers for epics, all previous needers can roll. General rule of thumb: One epic per run per person, though no needers for certain items may mean you end up with 4 new shiny epics anyway

That said, we are a simple, casual guild and we don't care that much for epics.
    We're only there for the fun of it all

Step 1: Get a group of 25 raiders who you know are committed.
    Step 2: Get those who need the loot to /roll or have the loot council decide who gets it.

Deleted

Loot council, same as we did for the last 3 years.

Officer Loot/Loot Council can be the best in the right hands.

It's kind of like a benign dictatorship...
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Loot council, of course. When it's done right, nothing else comes anywhere close to being as solid.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_glider
    So when TBC hit and everyone levelled there merry selves to 70 and started poking around in Kara, I noticed alot of guilds chose to distribute loot via the roll system (including my own). Then along came 25 mans in all their splendor and most of the guilds booted up their DKP system to handle loot distribution within the guild (including my own again). Then comes ZA, I can't speak for everyone here but I know alot of guilds decided to keep their DKP system solely for the 25 mans and reverted to rolling again for ZA.

This long winded expostional opening of this post leads me to my question, how will you other guild leaders/officers be distributing loot in WotLK? Will you be keeping dkp for the 25 man versions and using /roll for 10 man versions? Or will you be using DKP for both versions?

Discuss ;D
    Most of the top rated guilds Pre-BC and Post-BC used Officer Loot when it came to 25-mans, at least all the guilds I have been in and friends of mine have been in, usually on 10 mans it is left to a roll. I think that it will stay this way in the expansion. Loot Council/DKP for 25-mans because that way you can determine out of 25 people who has spent the most time working for it or deserves it most. When it comes to 10 mans though, the group will most likely be a bunch of players that are closer together(friendship wise, etc), and I expect to see most of them roll it off basically for the sheer fact that they don't want to make a big hassle of it in their group of friends, however I am sure there will be those that see it as a bigger upgrade for someone else so they will pass or what not.

As far as DKP, I would suggest clearing it for the new expansion, it is what I would do personally.

In our guild, in 10 man use /roll and the "don't be a dick" rule (also know as "feel free to pass when you got loot already")

25 man is lootcouncil based on "what is best for next progression target".

This worked from Attumen till M'uru sofar, and this wont change come WOTLK.