Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hammer of Justice

Most of the QQ in PVP about ret so far Ive seen is people saying how much burst we can do in one hammer of justice.
    What if the duration of Hammer of Justice was reduced to 3 or 4 seconds but the CD of 20 seconds ( 18 talents in prot + 4 piece pvp bonus) stayed?
    I would think people wouldn't QQ as much about not being able to do anything to stop the damage, and we wouldn't have our damage nerfed to the point of uselessness in pve.

I would like to hear the opinions of you guys.

Re: Hammer of Justice

No, they would complain about the bubble instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr6
    No, they would complain about the bubble instead.
    Divine Shield should really be removed from our class. It's a crutch we've been held back by for far too long; since the game was released, every buff that was headed our direction was countered by "BUT YOU CAN BUBBLE AND HEAL WTF". Take it. I don't want it. Give me the buffs instead, I'd rather not rely on a 5 minute cooldown invulnerability if it means I can be stronger for the rest of those 5 minutes.

They would complain about our Repentance then, and "free" mount.

Ok let's not get carried away with this remove bubble thing...we don't wanna do anything stupid now.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr6
    Ok let's not get carried away with this remove bubble thing...we don't wanna do anything stupid now.
    get rid of it, i mean it used to be something back in the day

but now 12 seconds is nothing, if you are going to die then you are going to die, lol, that simple.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

the whole point of bubble is to make you last longer than intended. consider it the Paladin's version of the priest's Spirit Healer

rogues can stunlock just as well, and with less CDs.
    when a rogue kidneyshot if u mean that he alrdy have lost all hes combo points

ret palys after stun have all the big burst rdy

all the other stun abilities of a rogue .. its temporary until the target takes dmg, that means hey i waked up

but /clap thats the first post i read from palys that says yes we are op, k the joke was lasted long enouph

I just say do the godamn stun to be removed when target gets dmg
    and keep ur dps as well
    well deserved
    /cheers

also wat basutai sayd but 2mins cd considering the insane 30min cd that shield wall has

Khody

Ok. Let's go ahead and make Hammer of Juwtice worthless.

Coming from a rogue that's funny.

ye im a rogue with 2x2handers borned somewhere near Thunderbluf i can stealth behind bushes u know

until a paly find me and stun lock me to death ..

yeah i wouldn't mind losing 2 seconds off hoj. i also wouldn't mind losing a little of our spell power (at least the healing part, and i did say a little)

bubble is our crutch and will remain so it'd seem. i can honestly never ever see them changing it.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

I don't see the big deal about Hammer of Justice. Like a above poster, rogues can stun lock a lot longer with shorter cool downs. Anyways, they don't have a intercept like ability so that extra second helps them out if they use it to reach the player.

As for bubble, I don't see it as crutch. Sort of like a mage's iceblock, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by mightus
    Most of the QQ in PVP about ret so far Ive seen is people saying how much burst we can do in one hammer of justice.
    What if the duration of Hammer of Justice was reduced to 3 or 4 seconds but the CD of 20 seconds ( 18 talents in prot + 4 piece pvp bonus) stayed?
    I would think people wouldn't QQ as much about not being able to do anything to stop the damage, and we wouldn't have our damage nerfed to the point of uselessness in pve.

I would like to hear the opinions of you guys.
    They will whine about us until we are the water boys of PvP once again, people are pathetic get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    I don't see the big deal about Hammer of Justice. Like a above poster, rogues can stun lock a lot longer with shorter cool downs. Anyways, they don't have a intercept like ability so that extra second helps them out if they use it to reach the player.

As for bubble, I don't see it as crutch. Sort of like a mage's iceblock, am I right?

Mages are the best!
    I put 3/3 into Blizzard, but I don't see the company improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Moruk
    Divine Shield should really be removed from our class. It's a crutch we've been held back by for far too long; since the game was released, every buff that was headed our direction was countered by "BUT YOU CAN BUBBLE AND HEAL WTF". Take it. I don't want it. Give me the buffs instead, I'd rather not rely on a 5 minute cooldown invulnerability if it means I can be stronger for the rest of those 5 minutes.
    I would love to see this. I'm also willing to bet that life without bubble would not be as euphoric as you think. I'm lucky enough to play a class that can just reset the fight when you bubble (It's a good time to vanish and order some pizza). But most classes have to either run away and try to bandage to stop you from healing or just sit there like idiots looking at their watch. I don't understand why so many pallys are so ungrateful for this very, very strong spell. I sure as hell don't complain about cheat death, even after they fixed it.

I respect the fact that you think it's a crutch. That's very honest. I just think you are in the minority of pallys and that if they took it out, a lot of them would reroll. Just my opinion, though.

Ret pallys are gonna rock in xpac, even if they nerf what we are seeing on the ptr, as promised. Seems like a pretty good time to have a pally main.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    Nerfing HoJ = rather misguided. rogues can stunlock just as well, and with less CDs.
    Rogues are built to stunlock. If you wanna stunlock as well as a rogue, you can wear leather and lose the ability to heal yourself.

Rogues are built to stunlock. If you wanna stunlock as well as a rogue, you can wear leather and lose the ability to heal yourself.
    +1

They will whine about us until we are the water boys of PvP once again, people are pathetic get used to it.
    go play a warr and see who is pathetic xD
    The nabs that actually play with no skill and kills u cause game sucks atm (thats why we make a discusion)

If u dont see the problem run with BOLT 100m

then wonder why u aint gona catch him up never... wanna know why ?? CAUSE HES F **KIN O P
    still wonder??

O P

O P-en ur eyes

I just wanna have a fun balanced gameplay the better wins thats all now the NAB wins
    I heard nice sugestions in here .. u like to be the blind guy
    We play the game for years we want fun thats not fun end of story

If u wanna win always take a x486 run doom 2 and IDDQD kktxhbye

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Moruk
    you should be removed from the game. period.

we are pretty damn strong. It's about how you manage the situation, abilities and resources (mana, CD etc).

most people who whine that our class is utter crap are those who don't know how to play the class.

I mean, we have the problems, yes. But we were never weak. Everything can be done if you know how.

I don't think anyone would consider a 7 second stun every 20 seconds to be balanced, so I expect that will get nerfed. Otherwise Ret seems mostly fine.

I honestly just expect for our PvP set bonus to be changed. 30 second cooldown Justice is not really unbearably powerful, since we do have to sacrafice a fair amount of talents to get it.

Personally, I was always killed during the stun, but that was when I was about half life on my hunter then the stun comes out, and I get owned. It can't be helped, and once every 20 seconds makes it hard. I might be able to trinket the first time, maybe bestial wrath the second one, but in reality I am not doing 1v1, and sometimes have to use the trinkets/wrath vs other abilities etc. I don't mind though, I know what teams play pvp, and until wrath, hunters with my spec aren't in demand for 2v2, so I do what I can when I can.

What bothers me is the amount of whining people do. Yes, the stun is slightly broken, the bubble is "annoying" at best, but its nothing a few tweaks to play style can't worry about. In a 2v2 game, if you get stunned, if you have a good partner, your partner should CD or use their stun to pause the paladin so his combo kill doesn't work. 90% of the time, if you played vs enough pallies, they almost all have the same timers for casting HoJ or bubble, if you can figure a pattern you can win.

Been quite a few times where I was HoJ then the paladin came for the kill only to get frozen. Or my partner silenced the pally during the time he would use his/her bubble.

It might take practice, but any class can beat any class. I haven't met a class I couldn't defeat, and I have been owned by all classes the same way.