Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

I love how no one in beta complained about ret until...

The PTR and premade server went up. (I'm talking after 21K JoC got fixed of course) Nothing ruins a class like a massive amount of scrubs who don't know how to play their characters.

Re: I love how no one in beta complained about ret until...

I have to agree with that.

inb4 flames, noobs calling ret OP, etc.

Stop pulling numbers out of your ass and show some proof. It's been like this with all whiners. One of them provides a proof, all the others just QQ away.

Stop thinking that blizzard makes changes listining QQs.

They use tables and numbers to refine every class, so the numbers are usually in the correct range, maybe the mechanincs can be harder, cause you can't base them on numbers/tables.

Without the joc bug i still get killed with my lock in 4-5 seconds many times by paladins (my lock is just an alt), not having the time to cast even a fear, now the problem is that im talking about ptr not beta, and pvp now is based on lvl 80 so everything at lvl 70 will be wierd i presume. Still retri paladins are really strong now(i didnt say overpowered, i said strong).

our healing is incredibly situational. everyone can silence us or just smack us a few times. and if you're talking about fol then please just dont get hit. and if you're getting hit. worry about getting hit. i'm happy my heals aren't entirely shit now.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Jutteri
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnq1M...eature=related ok here is the proof on that 10k heal (2;53) with retri spec and gear. Video also shows some damage and killing ppl in few seconds.
    His enemies are retarded and 10k isn't even half of your HP in PvP starter (rare) gear. Also PvP is balanced around duels, that's why SL/SL Warlocks, Rogues and Frost Mages aren't dominating all classes in duels currently.

If you aren't in the beta, please don't talk about how Ret is overpowered. Some of us actually are in beta and have seen how the game plays from 70-80 and at 80 with pre-mades as well.

Seriously until you are 80, geared, and have tried PvP yourself just shut up. Everybody knows (or at least should) that PvP is balanced around the upper end of the game and not the leveling grind. So if at 70 you are ganked by that Paladin that you were ganking for years before, just remember that at 80 you'll actually have a chance to get back at them. If you are good enough.

Sadly so many people aren't and we will continue to hear whines about Ret Paladins and every other class that is able to kill somebody else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnq1M...eature=related ok here is the proof on that 10k heal (2;53) with retri spec and gear. Video also shows some damage and killing ppl in few seconds.
    Why are you comparing level 80 healing to level 70 health pools ?

Plus, the people that he is duelling are horrible

The game is not balanced arround 1 vs 1

Kitting the paladin is the key

Ret is fine

(plus, as frost mage, ret paladins are a piece of cake)

Why can't I upload images for my signature

still 10k in dps spec and dps gear is too much. I had resto shaman with 1700+ healing and still 8k was biggest what i could get. And now dps paladin overhealing it
    You know, leveling is there for a reason.

holy shit this pala must be OP! he is pulling out 3k crits on cloth xD....with AW.
    a healing hybrid should be viable to heal himself ....full heal = 70% of maxmana.....

Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988
    Why are you comparing level 80 healing to level 70 health pools ?

Plus, the people that he is duelling are horrible

The game is not balanced arround 1 vs 1

Ret is fine

(plus, as frost mage, ret paladins are a piece of cake)

kiting paladin ? go troll elsewhere
    With Hand of Freedom and Dispell a Paladin is nearly immune to all slows.

I take it you don't know hand of freedom is dispellable...

If ur good u will try to cover it(yes good paladin can do that) with other spells or just cleanse>all slows,

Ret is fine
    no melee's in WoW. true story.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherVil
    If ur good u will try to cover it(yes good paladin can do that) with other spells or just cleanse>all slows,
    Paladins spamming clease will not be hitting you at the same time, I can promise you that (1.5 seconds global cooldown), since it's success rate is really average.

Not to mention a lot of slows stack (rogues make it stack 5 times); and cleanse only removes one application if I'm not mistaken.

And please write "You" instead of "u", it doesn't make you sound serious

Quote Originally Posted by Eiyuu Ou
    no melee's in WoW. true story.
    Ret is supposed to be anti-melee, try again.

This is exaclty why casters have it a lot easyer against them.

Good casters > Good ret paladins at level 80
    Good ret paladins > Good melee (exept maybe DKs)

Ret is supposed to be anti-melee, try again.

This is exaclty why casters have it a lot easyer against them.

Good casters > Good ret paladins at level 80
    Good ret paladins > Good melee (exept maybe DKs)
    Rogue > All
    fix'd

Not to mention a lot of slows stack (rogues make it stack 5 times); and cleanse only removes one application if I'm not mistaken.
    That's BS no snares stack, and if you're talking about Wound poison.. Then yes it used to stack in 5, but not anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by NecroLoki
    That's BS no snares stack, and if you're talking about Wound poison.. Then yes it used to stack in 5, but not anymore...
    the other question is why should a rogue kite a paladin as a melee oO, if the rogue wants to heal himself there are much better ways oh and deadly poisen does stack too ...

the only caster that can kite a paladin is a afflictionlock with coe and a fellhound that can dispell hof if it isnt covered

Quote Originally Posted by NecroLoki
    You still have a fairly large amount of dispell resistance. Frost mages can cover up their debuff with numerous applications of winter's chill.

Have you heard of trash debuffs?

Anyway, as a rogue use hit'n'run and bleed him down. He doesn't have infinite mana. The mana returned on judgement is enough to cover the basic rotation (Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, another judgement). The moment you do anything more (consecration, Hands, healing) you go negative. Hit'n'run and force him to do more and you'll win.
    I'm not saying it's an easy fight (ret generally > melee), but it's hardly impossible.

On casters, if you can't kite a paladin as a frost/arcane mage, you should reroll. So no, locks are hardly the only ones.