Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The wrong end of loss after loss after loss

BGs are meant to be fun - but horde dominance of AB and Alli of Av on some servers is fun for the losing side? Why cant Blizz do something?

Re: The wrong end of loss after loss after loss

C-C-C-Combo Breaker. Retard Spree!

woot first on a legendary thread.
    [size=20pt][move][size=20pt]Falcon Punch![/size][/move]

Deleted

WoW, you just managed to post two different topics which are both full of failure

Quote Originally Posted by Huntrex
    BGs are meant to be fun - but horde dominance of AB and Alli of Av on some servers is fun for the losing side? Why cant Blizz do something?
    Y as a horde I am really upset that horde only wins like half of all the bg's. Did you C what i did thur??

BTW. Maybe your team just loses a lot because..... well they have YOU on their team :P.

lol - its sure is fun on these threads - I must write more. My experience of this game is so clearly diffrent for - well nearly everyone elses it seems.

I hoped you big boys would explain things to us 12 year olds - cos we are sooo slow.

Thanks for your time.

15+ Year Old Account

Who knows why horde dominate AB.. AV for alliance i know. but look.. Horde aren't better than the Alliance, they aren't more mature and organized? ha..

No qq here, but on my server horde win at least 85% of ab, wsg, and eots while av seems to go back and forth (alliance might win slightly more than half).
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by lildave151
    No qq here, but on my server horde win at least 85% of ab, wsg, and eots while av seems to go back and forth (alliance might win slightly more than half).

you must be on Ruin battlegroup

Nah Blackout - running about 8 to 1 lose to win in Ab - no fun - you dthink I d learn not to bother.

Why does Blizz have pvp and normal realms in same BGs btw? Are us QQing normal realm guys just there as pvp realm easy meat? Seems better to grp all the big boys on pvp servers and all the little boys (like me) on normal serveers) together?

So I've played both sides of AV and I can say the map is definitely set up to make it harder for horde to take. This isn't done on purpose, it's mostly bad npc placements.

Horde dominance elsewhere is... unexplainable. They really are equally stupid as alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Horde dominance elsewhere is... unexplainable. They really are equally stupid as alliance.
    Honestly, I think part of why horde win... is because horde win. If you see horde come into a battleground (let's use AB as a comparison), they are confident and will play well to get their victory. Most of the time you see alliance go into AB, there's at least two or three "let's lose fast to get our mark" people who /afk at the stables. A lot of the rest just focus on trying to get HK's before they lose.

The opposite holds true for AV, alliance expect to win AV so they play to win it fast.

Registered just to chime in on this, as funny enough I've been thinking about this topic myself and think I understand. Let the flames begin.

Anyway, I think it's a matter of population.

Alliance outnumber the horde 3-1 on most servers. Which I would think makes end-game raiding a bit harder for horde to organize. Which means more
    of them pvp than alliance.

Alterac Valley is set up such that those in raiding gear do very well. The rest of the BG's make those in PVP gear do very well.

Horde are mostly in PVP gear. Alliance are mostly in raid gear. Also horde are more practiced at pvp (because of reasons stated above). Not as many alliance make a career out of it. They raid instead. AV is really just a raid when it comes down to it. If it gets heavily into pvp, horde often has a better chance of winning.

It would almost be nice if it is was more a 50/50 on win lose, but I think blizz needs to do a few changes to make horde more attractive for this to happen so that populations are more balanced.

15+ Year Old Account

The problem with AV is NPC placement and the 2 towers after the bridge, NOT population or gear status.

Horde have to go through a hail of arrows from both towers to get to the last flag and will also have to pull some NPCs on the go, while allies can just stride through everything in the horde base and capture the last flag without any problems because the NPCs didn't get pulled and the towers with archers are in non-efficient positions.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

And AB ?

with regards to AV, let's see...

for horde to get to SPGY, there's a bottleneck through a canyon vs. frostwolf in a big open field for ally to run thru

for horde to get into the base there's archers who will drain about 4-5k hp from anyone who crosses a bridge (which also, funnily enough, is it's own bottleneck AFTER the bottleneck to get to the graveyard) while the alliance has to go thru a fence in a gate (that can be jumped over, i.e. no bottleneck) and the three archers that the horde towers have are pointing away from the entrance

ally base was set up so few people could defend it more easily while horde was set up to need more to defend, but sadly with the way AV is, no one plays defense, both sides just rush as hard as they can. this inevitably leads to more horde losses than ally.

lol

Horde and AV

Current some servers are running upto 7-8 x more wins for horde in AB. I try Ab every now and then and juts dont go back - its so unbalanced its ridiculous. Whether its us 12 year old playing too much, horde being better players (cos they just are), horde racials, horde doing more pvp and having better pvp gear - its doesnt really matter.

Look at realm results and see if horde are having a really bad time over the whole BGs - nope they arent.

Now I do believe that each side side should have a fair chance of winning a BG - this is currently far from the case. Upto Blizz really. On most servers if you want to enjoy BGs roll horde.

I agree AV is a bit biased towards alliance... but horde can and do win...

Alliance bottle neck is SPGYso easiy defended by a 5 man group (for some reason ??? )

Horde bottle neck is IBGY/IBT area... easily defended by a few mages sheeping mounted people + hunters/tower dps.

2nd bottle neck is Alliance bridge --- tooo long, but easily run thru into south/north tower (you WILL die if you try and run to the AS)..

Horde between towers... kinda weak, but with some frost traps more mages and some decent dps, nobody can get thru... sadly our archers can't reach the flag.. so alliance just run thru and around the fort and cap flag...

NPC's .. alliance pass's them easily.. usually end up leashing back if aggro'd.
    horde can pass them easily too.. but it only takes *1* idiot or a level 62 to pull them all... and there is no where to run so you can leash them.

Organized Horde defense with 2-3 mages, 2-3 hunters, 2-3 healers = horde win.
    It's just a game.

I predict an awful lot of Alli players rolling Horde death knights to BG with - I certainly will. Trouble is - it will make the current situation even worse. Sort some BG ranking, nerf, buff out Blizz or matters will only get worse.

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly I'm staying alliance because i know lots of alliance will reroll horde DK's possibly adding to the Blood Elf effect.

lol

Horde and AV

Current some servers are running upto 7-8 x more wins for horde in AB. I try Ab every now and then and juts dont go back - its so unbalanced its ridiculous. Whether its us 12 year old playing too much, horde being better players (cos they just are), horde racials, horde doing more pvp and having better pvp gear - its doesnt really matter.

Look at realm results and see if horde are having a really bad time over the whole BGs - nope they arent.

Now I do believe that each side side should have a fair chance of winning a BG - this is currently far from the case. Upto Blizz really. On most servers if you want to enjoy BGs roll horde.
    Exactly how many different battle groups have you tested to say this for sure? :P

Nah Blackout - running about 8 to 1 lose to win in Ab - no fun - you dthink I d learn not to bother.

Why does Blizz have pvp and normal realms in same BGs btw? Are us QQing normal realm guys just there as pvp realm easy meat? Seems better to grp all the big boys on pvp servers and all the little boys (like me) on normal serveers) together?
    being on a pvp realm doesn't make you better at pvp :P infact it might be worse simply because the time spent running back to our bodies coulda been spent doing bgs and wed probly get get more honor from 1 or 2 more bgs than we woulda in months of average amounts of world pvp
    Patch changes quote from: Tigole
    --Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered.