Question @ Boubouille

Hey Boubouille,

First of all, I love the content you've been providing, and I'm sure I will continue to come here through the expansion.

I'm developing a new website for my guild and I've spent countless hours trying to figure out how to get wotlk armor models onto character models with WoWModelViewer to use as artwork for the header of the website. You seem to have either gotten it to work, or have developed your own private system that gets the job done. I'm sure you would never want to give away your trade secret, as it's one of the things that keeps this website great in comparison to the rest, but could you point me in the right direction maybe?

Currently I'm going through the arduous process of looking through the mpq files and writing mysql queries to add wotlk items into a private server I'm hosting so that I can then equip characters with them to take screenshots for use in photoshop. It's got to be the most difficult approach towards obtaining the graphics that I need, but it's the only way I know how to.

Any tips, hints, or words of advice would be heavily appreciated.

Love the site, keep up the good work,

-Motto

Oh, to keep this thread relevant to the "suggestion" aspect of this forum, here are my suggestions:

1. How about a new design for Mmo-Champion? This one's ~2 years old now. It's not a bad design, but I think something a little more fresh would be revitalizing to your visitors.

If you need any help with that I'm a pretty good designer with photoshop/css/php/sql/html experience and looking to do free work to build my portfolio. :P Here's a recent example of a quick website I created for my guild: http://edgelothar.com/

2. I think it's great that you've been putting streams on the home page, but I think it would be best if their embeds were set not to play instantaneously. Some people don't want to go to a website and have sound blaring out of their speakers. (in the case of the recent MLG stream, the default sound setting was very loud)

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Question @ Boubouille

One thing that i know is, that it is possible to force the ModelViewer to load WotLK MPQ Files. In some cases the MV is able to display the information and in some cases it just crashes. I'd try that one
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I've been able to force WoWModelViewer to load the files, but blizzard changed the way things are laid out in their MPQ files a lot in 3.0. Character models and animations are now completely separate files (before they were all in one) so I've been having trouble getting new armor to display on characters. A lot of the new gameobject models are available just fine. Only a few of them cause it to crash.

Success!
    (at least with my time-consuming technique =P )

15+ Year Old Account

oh god.. if i get killed by that in BG's i'm gonna cry..