Fishing on PTR 3.0: Question

Els Anglin has a story that says the time to lvl up fishing has been slashed in WOTLK, but it also mentions that this will probably be implemented in patch 3.0. Heres the link: http://www.elsprofessions.com/news/w...s-slashed.html

So I wanted to ask someone whose on the PTR whether this is true? Is fishing slashed on the PTR for patch 3.0?
    I ask because either I keep fishing throughout the week and bore myself to tears, or I wait a week (the 14th Oct) until the patch becomes live and do it then.

Re: Fishing on PTR 3.0: Question

I can confirm that this change is in effect on PTR, so it should go live with 3.0.2.

From 330 fishing, I leveled to 345 with an average of 4 casts each level.
    [A] Tayluca/Tayluka - Dentarg[US]-[PVP]-[EST]
    Guild Leader, Keepers of Azeroth
    LFM - Visit our guild website for more information.

Brilliant, cheers.

Guess ill be waiting an other 10 days with lvling fishing then

Quote Originally Posted by Tayluca
    I can confirm that this change is in effect on PTR, so it should go live with 3.0.2.

From 330 fishing, I leveled to 345 with an average of 4 casts each level.
    damn.....nice change for all the guys who dont already have max fishing
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

and i felt so accomplished with earning 375 fishing...
    not like it takes any skill but still, whoever had the patience to fish for that long deserves a cookie or at least a bellyrub

Quote Originally Posted by mcpain
    and i felt so accomplished with earning 375 fishing...
    Same here. I have one toon @ max, 1 @ 300ish, and another @ 355. I stopped leveling as soon as I saw it announced on Elsanglin. It's just like anything else in the game, it's a great accomplishment for a while and then they change it and it's not as cool. But at least I know that I maxed out at least one before the nerf. Now I can just level the other 2 and enjoy fishing on any of them whenever I want. I never felt like it was "hard" to level unless that's the only reason you were fishing. I honestly enjoy fishing (not just for the cool rewards). When I'm feeling a little stressed, hit my /dnd and go find a quiet place to cast a line. My only frustration is Mr Pinchy. Could he seriously mock me less?? People all around me catching him and I've spent waaaaay too much time trying to farm for him and then ending up frustrated and trying to tell myself "he's not as cool as he thinks he is"... /cry
    [A] Tayluca/Tayluka - Dentarg[US]-[PVP]-[EST]
    Guild Leader, Keepers of Azeroth
    LFM - Visit our guild website for more information.

I power leveled it with cooking up till 320 then I just did the fishing daily every day for the ring and pets (never get either xD) and naturally they just raised to 375.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayluca
    Same here. I have one toon @ max, 1 @ 300ish, and another @ 355. I stopped leveling as soon as I saw it announced on Elsanglin. It's just like anything else in the game, it's a great accomplishment for a while and then they change it and it's not as cool. But at least I know that I maxed out at least one before the nerf. Now I can just level the other 2 and enjoy fishing on any of them whenever I want. I never felt like it was "hard" to level unless that's the only reason you were fishing. I honestly enjoy fishing (not just for the cool rewards). When I'm feeling a little stressed, hit my /dnd and go find a quiet place to cast a line. My only frustration is Mr Pinchy. Could he seriously mock me less?? People all around me catching him and I've spent waaaaay too much time trying to farm for him and then ending up frustrated and trying to tell myself "he's not as cool as he thinks he is"... /cry
    Mr. Pinchy just refuses to give me the pet
    I've caught him 3 times already with no luck >.>
    working on catching him again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

I'm a reroller, got 3 chars with max fishing already (<3 to fish) but was really put of to do it a 4th time.

Now, with this change it will be done in a day and i will lvl it again on my hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik
    Mr. Pinchy just refuses to give me the pet
    I've caught him 3 times already with no luck >.>
    working on catching him again.
    I got max fishing for Mr. Pinchey, and then won the STV tournament for the pole to get to the no escape level for him... and now I have the full fishing outfit, a couple of crocs, got Mr. pinchy twice (got the pet the second time, thank god ) and have won the STV tournament 3 times :P I guess you could say I've been 'hooked' :P Not sure how I feel about the change, I feel like there's too much competition for fishing nodes as it is already :P

Deleted

This must be how Black Temple raiders felt when the attunements were removed.
    I liked fishing just the way it was. Fishing cast time reduced from 30 to 20 secs was a welcomed change, this is a bit too casual.

About fishing and the new achievement title:

Does anyone know if it would be possible to get into SSC and fish up The Lurker Below solo (at 70 or 80)? My fishing char is a hunter...
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

If you have the water walking potions (from the fishing dailies), I'm pretty sure the fish won't eat you. This is what I plan to do as soon as the realms come back up.