Poll: Which non-existant glyph would you like?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Poll: Glyphs for abilities that have none yet, what would you like?

Glyph of Inner Fire - Top three ranks gives 2% of its armor bonus as spirit instead of giving spellpower
    Glyph of Inner Focus - Now has a 2 minute base cooldown, but recieve no crit bonus
    Glyph of Extreme Desperation - You may cast Desperate Prayer even though you cannot afford it. Doing so may take you below 0 mana.
    Glyph of Lightwell - The Lightwell whispers every non-tanking player < 60% HP, begging them to use it.
    Glyph of Spirit of Redemption - You can trigger this ability at will, but this will also kill you.
    Glyph of Mind Vision - the Mind Vision view will be colored by class. Druids will get a hippe-colored interface with flower power, death knights gets a good olf fiery flames of hell-o-rama, and mind visioning priests allows you to see the world in black and white while a spooky ghost whispering song roams in the background.
    Glyph of Mind Soothe - Can now also be used to de-enrage any humanoid mob (that's the enrage buff that some mobs do to do additional (survivable) damage, not the boss raidwiper ability).
    Glyph of Egocentrism - Your Hymn of Hopelessness is no longer shared with your party, it's all going to yourself.
    Glyph of Dispel - Your Dispel only removes one buff instead of the normal two, but this ability can never be resisted.
    Glyph of Divine Hymn - The spell lose its mass-renew ability on saturdays, but instead gains a 0.3% chance of making Thrall dance the disco for 2 seconds (purely cosmetic), gets a 1.02% chance of unequipping any bow (not crossbow or rifle) equipped by any beastmaster-specced hunters it affects, will damage all friendly players within 10 yards for 23 damage and will toggle the head and cloak visibility flags of one of the enemy players it affects should you manage to hit exactly four of them.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Personally, I'd like Inner Fire changed.

Instead of doubling the amount of charges - double the length of time it lasts instead.

If you want more Inner Fire charges you can spec for it. I'd suggest one of:

Glyph of Inner Fire (a) - Your Inner Fire spell gains an additional 2% dispel resistance for each charge remaining. (94% with 32 charges and Silent Resolve.)

Glyph of Inner Fire (b) - While your Inner Fire spell is active your beneficial spells affecting you gain an additional 0.5% dispel resistance for each charge remaining.

Glyph of Inner Fire (c) - When your Inner Fire spell fades from you (dispelled, charges run out, whatever) you gain 5% of your maximum health and mana.

Glyph of Fade needs a change. What's the point in increasing its duration? Suggest:

Glyph of Fade (a) - While your Fade spell is active you run 15% faster. Doesn't stack with other stuff.

Glyph of Fade (b) - While your Fade spell is active you have a 50% chance to resist poisons.

And various ideas:

Glyph of Desperate Prayer (a) - If you're still below full health after using Desperate Prayer its cooldown is reduced to 0. (Too good? I dunno, damn expensive spell.)

Glyph of Desperate Prayer (b) - Using Desperate Prayer removes Weakened Soul from you.

Glyph of Binding Heal - If both yourself and the target are brought to full health by your Binding Heal both of you gain 300 spellpower for 10 seconds. (A reward for topping off both people with it would be really cool.)

15+ Year Old Account

Inner Focus: Reduces the cooldown on your Inner Focus ability by 30 seconds.

OR

Inner Focus: When you use Inner Focus, you gain X% of your base mana. I was thinking 2% would be a good number, but no higher than 5%.

Also, Power Infusion would be nice.

Power Infusion: If you cast Power Infusion on yourself, it resets all other cooldowns.

OR

Power Infusion: If you cast Power Infusion on another target, you gain 0.5% of your base mana back for each spell they cast while under it's effect.

Pain Suppression: When you cast Pain Suppression on a target, it has a X% chance to reset the cooldown on their ability with the longest cooldown active. This could make it all kinds of interesting.

I'd also like to see one for Penance at some point.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I don't know how this was missed but..

Glyph of Dispersion: When used, refreshes the cooldown of Psychic Scream.

It may be a little OP, but with the state of pvp as shadow at the moment.. I would LOVE to see this added.

I know it doesn't have a negative effect to it, but not all glyphs do. Take the chain heal or CoH glyphs for example.
    Pengwn - 80 Shadow Priest (Main)
    Poosock - 80 Enhancement Shaman (Alt)
    Amundra - 80 Prot Pally (Alt)
    Sleepcreep - 80 Mutilate Rogue (Alt)
    Andrwjackson - 80 Blood Death Knight (Retired)
    Tyss - 80 Doomchicken (Retired)
    Pengwnmastr - 72 Prot Warrior (Retired)
    Uñknown - 71 Arcane Mage (Retired)

15+ Year Old Account

I think I have heard this idea before, but I can't remember quietlie from where.

Glyph of Psychic Scream
    Psychic Scream now adds one more unremoveable fear to the target that last for 4 sec.

I think this would help Priests in PvP, so our fear becomes more usefull as it was intended for PvP.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Divine Hymn: Your divine hymn no longer heals friendly targets, but it also no longer shares a cooldown with psychic scream.
    This is a really nice idea. Although i think it could be kinda OP for arena. 2 "long" CCs in a row :/

Glyph of Circle of Healing (changed): removes the cooldown from Circle of Healing, but increases the manacost by 100%.
    Simply ridicolous. CoH costs 800ish mana atm. I'd rather have it with CD than spending 1600 mana on it.

Glyph of Inner Fire - Top three ranks gives 2% of its armor bonus as spirit instead of giving spellpower
    Very nice too. It bothers me a little that you want to remove the SP bonus, which is quite nice. IMO Inner Fire could use a little boost. x% armor bonus as spirit via glyph seems fair. Though 2% may be a little much considering you gain 3500ish armor -> 10% 350 -> 2% 70. 70 spirit is just too much. Make it 1% and your chances of selling this to blizzard will raise dramatically.

Glyph of Inner Focus - Now has a 2 minute base cooldown, but recieve no crit bonus
    No. Simply no. CD reduce would be nice but sometimes i simply "rely" on my GH to crit via IF (meaning i strongly hope it does). My guess is that other people do this as well.

Glyph of Extreme Desperation - You may cast Desperate Prayer even though you cannot afford it. Doing so may take you below 0 mana.
    Interesting idea but i think due to mechanics you can't have less than 0 mana. Maybe a stat penalty could be applied instead. Like -10% to all stats for 2-3 minutes.

Glyph of Lightwell - The Lightwell whispers every non-tanking player < 60% HP, begging them to use it.
    I lol'd.

Glyph of Spirit of Redemption - You can trigger this ability at will, but this will also kill you.
    This one is REALLY nice. Triggering SoR at will could be a lifesaver in raids. I always thought the priest should have some kind of ability that let's him sacrifice himself for the greater good. My idea was a BR for a single player in exchange for the priests life.

Power Word: Life
    "Returns the targets spirit to the body. Using this ability will sacrifice the priest and transfer his remaning hitpoints and mana to the target. This ability does not allow the priest to return as the Spirit of Redemption and applies the Weakened Spirit effect which prevents being resurrected for 1 min."

Well, only my little idea. Would've been a lot better as a 51 point talent IMO. As for your glyph: You should add something like "priest can't be resurrected after doing so" else people will start using the spirit as a mechanic to continue healing while oom and then get BR to have some mana again.

Personally i voted for a Greater Heal glyph. Refreshing the duration of renew or adding a HoT for 5-10% of the healing done would be nice.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I voted for vampiric embrace. (I used to play a shadow priest and found trouble justifying the GCD for this in raids, where the heal is trivial at best.)

Glyph of Vampiric Embrace
    Reduces the mana cost of your shadow spells on targets affected by Vampiric Embrace by 5%.

Glyph of Shadow Weaving
    Minor Glyph
    Increases the Duration of your ShadowWeaving ability by 4 seconds (tweakable)

This would make trash pulls a little more manageable. I hate having shadow weaving fall off right as I am going to cast a dot on a new mob.

Prayer of Mending: Prayer of mending no longer "bounces" but will stay on whoever it was casted on. Can only proc once every 6-10 seconds.

Pro: Helps tank healing.

Con: Can no longer bounce to heal raid damage. Or bounce between your teammates in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by WAR2K
    Prayer of Mending: Your Prayer of Mending is replaced with Earth Shield
    Pro: Helps tank healing.

Con: Can no longer bounce to heal raid damage. Or bounce between your teammates in PvP.
    Fixed.

Edit: And personally? I love Prayer the way it is. Gives Disc something pretending to be multi-target, and no other class has anything even remotely close to its effectiveness. Forget Earth Shield/Living Seed. Prayer of Mending is fine the way it is.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Glyph of Holy Fire - The dot from this spell also causes your Smites against the target to deal 10% more damage and cost 10% less mana. (Might be too much for a single glyph, but adding an effect to this dot is a great place to help holy dps a bit and would probably do wonders for the rotation - Mind Blast when the dot is down.)

Glyph of Heal (level 80 only) - Adjusts the mana cost, healing and coefficient of your Heal rank 4 (yes Heal!) to turn it into something very much like a downranked Greater Heal. (A lot of important talents don't work with Heal sadly, but I like the idea.)

Glyph of Lightwell - Whenever you cast Circle of Healing or Holy Nova, your Lightwell casts the same spell, around itself (healing for less), at the cost of 1 of its charges.

Quote Originally Posted by 2OfDiamonds
    id just like to comment this bit:

as you may have seen throughout the classes (thus far, unless i am mistaken) there have not been any glyphs added for 51 point talents. whether you would like them is irrelevant, as it looks there are gonna be none, asking for them is futile, focus your creative energies on stuff that might (unlikely as it may be) be picked up and put ingame.
    elemental get one in 3.08
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I think I have heard this idea before, but I can't remember quietlie from where.

Glyph of Psychic Scream
    Psychic Scream now adds one more unremoveable fear to the target that last for 4 sec.

I think this would help Priests in PvP, so our fear becomes more usefull as it was intended for PvP.
    I still like my idea!

Quote Originally Posted by iLive

Glyph of Psychic Scream

It whas the effect on the talent "Psychic Horror" but then it got changed to reducing 30% dmg done from targets for 6 seconds

Circle of healing (post nerf change): Reduces the cooldown by 100% but removes the "smart heal" effect, restricting the spell to the targets group.

(ie return it to the way it was before they destroyed it by making it OP and now nerf it the wrong way)