Poll: Which non-existant glyph would you like?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Poll: Glyphs for abilities that have none yet, what would you like?

Is there any glyph you would like added, please post it here.

* If its a new glyph (not ingame or in files yet) please explain how you would like it to function, if its a major one, anything you can think of.

* For a change to an existing glyph
    , please explain why you think it should be changed, and how to make it better (your suggestion) and why your suggestion is superior to the existing glyph. Also name the glyph you are talking about, as some abilities have a major and a minor one.

Thanks in advance, keep in mind (note to self *cough*) people can disagree with you, but dialogue is often the solution to a compromise and possibly a better end result.

List of Priest Glyphs currently ingame.

Re: Poll: Glyphs for abilities that have none yet, what would you like?

I picked greater heal, as i think its a core ability and the bread and butter for most if not all healing occasions unless its flash heal or die.

Glyph of Greater Heal
    Your Greater Heal has a 60% chance to reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Flash Heal by 15% (tweakable ofcourse). This effect lasts 10 seconds and can stack up to two times.

or something similarly useful.

Glyph of Greater Heal
    (probably major...)
    Your Greater Heal now also refreshes the durations of your Prayer of Mending and Renew spells on the target.

(remember: DURATION, not CHARGES)

Dispersion
    Vampiric Embrace
    Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Dispersion
    Vampiric Embrace
    Blackout
    did you have any ideas?

2 sec fear when struck while dispersed?

extra hp return with VE?

dmg component to blackout?

VOTE: OTHER, i would like to see

Glyph of Prayers of Mending
    25% of the amount healed by Prayers of Mending will be healed every second over 6 seconds. the amount of charges by PoM is reduced by 1 also this can stack up to 3 times.

this ability will stack on other Heal over time abilities. so if each charge heals 1000 (round numbers) that is a total of 5k for 5 charges. this glyph will drop 1 charge making it 4k worth of healing +25% (1k) every second over 6 seconds. so the amount healed will be the same but focuses more healing on less targets. stacks just make it possible to improve prayers of mending, also if this jumps from the tank to melee dps back to the tank then the heal over time will not go to waste.

keep in mind the heal over time is 6 seconds and the cool down is only 5 second. with 4 charges it is almost impossible to get 3 stacks on a single target unless there is a second priest with the same glyph.

Shadowform - may add spell dmg reduction (?), or chance when hit to disperse for few sec...

I think one extra charge on PoM would be nice too since there is one glyph that gives CoH an extra target. Definite need 4 PvP

Greater Heal glyph without a doubt, but for my shadow friends I would prefer a Dispersion Glyph that reattaches the 1 minute 25% damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaes
    I think one extra charge on PoM would be nice too since there is one glyph that gives CoH an extra target. Definite need 4 PvP
    an extra charge is nice and i thought about it also. but alot of people say that you never reach the full 5 charges before your able to reapply. adding a heal over time will focus more healing per charge. producing longevity of the target over longevity of the spell. you may think that an extra charge would be better if you can cast it and forget it. but this way it will boost efficiency of the spell while boosting longevity of the target.

this will be effective on both PvE or PvP. the amount healed will be the same just the chance of stacking effect will be the only improvement. also 6 seconds is not much time to work with, even if it is only 3 stacks... the best chance to get 3 stacks and still hard to maintain 3 stacks on a target is in a 2 priest situation. making this a small improvement with 2 priest in raids that has this glyph.

I think i was one of the few people to select Mana Burn.

Nothing is wrong with Mana Burn imo, but with the resilience nerf to all mana drains it really hurt the spell.

Suggestion:
    Glyph of Mana Burn: Causes 20-30% (adjustable of course if need be) of the initial mana drained to return to the caster over 8 seconds, but your Mana Burn no longer deals .5 Shadow damage per mana drained.

I also like some of the G-Heal ideas.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

glyph of dispersion
    (as if you all didn't see this one coming) suggestion- Removes dispersion from the talent tree and replaces it with something useful.

I'd like to see something like:

(Major)
    Glyph of Mind Blast - Increases chance to critically strike with Mind Blast by 10%. Mana cost increased by an additional 20%.

Or something to the likes.

Glyph of the greater heal:

1. Your greater heal grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets over 3 secs.

2. Your Greater heal refound 20% mana of the base cost of the spell.

3. Your Greater heal has 50% chance to critically heal but heals for 10% less.

Glyph of the ShadowForm:

1. Critical hits made against you While in ShadowForm have a 60% chance to prevent you from being critically hit again for 6 sec.

2. Your ShadowForm also increases Your Shadow SpellPower by 300, mana regeneration by 10%, healing recieved by 20%, yet it no longer reduces physical damage taken.

3. Your ShadowForm also increases your critical chance with mindblast by 15%.

Glyph of the MindBlast:

1. Your MindBlast critical hits leave a DoT on the target causeing 30% of the damage taken over 6 sec.

2. Your MindBlast critical hits refound 60% of the base mana cost.

3. Your Mindblast damage is increased by 20%.

Inner Focus - No Crit Bonus but -1 min Cooldown
    Power Infusion - Also increases Melee Haste and all power cost
    Power Infusion - Also grants 100% spirit regen while casting
    Pain Suppression - +40% dispel resistance
    Pain Suppression - Immune to All "Physical" Debuffs for duration
    Shadowform - Increase Movement speed by 15%, Attacks and spells have additional 5% chance to miss you
    Vampiric Embrace - Affects entire raid but only heals 50% as much.
    Vampiric Touch - If dispelled transfers 1000 mana from the dispeller to the caster
    Vampiric Touch - Also applies Vampiric Embrace
    Vampiric Touch - Reduces Range to 10 yards, Instant Cast, deals damage equal to 50% of DoT instantly, +10s Cooldown.
    Greater Heal - Refreshes the duration of Renew
    Greater Heal - Chance to fully heal the target
    Greater Heal - Grants +1000 total Life for 10 seconds
    Greater Heal - Heals for 10% of original heal after 5 seconds.
    Desperate Prayer - Reduce mana cost by 100%, increase cooldown by 100%
    Binding Heal - Next damaging attack against either caster or healed target is split evenly between Priest and Target
    Binding Heal - Target gains additional mana at the same rate as caster for next 5 seconds.
    Mana Burn - Reduces all mana gaining effects by 50% for 10 seconds.
    Mind Blast - Reduces targets casting speed by 20% for 10 seconds.
    Mind Blast - Refreshes the duration on Vampiric Touch
    Mind Blast - Destroys mana equal to 10% of damage

When you guys create these things make sure that they have a diminishing return or aren't super buffed... The one for Mind Flay increases it's range by 10 yds which is a lot and is very helpful, but also drops the speed reduction of the spell. Things like this are great examples. Make something do more damage, but nerf something about it too or make it cost a lot more mana. Maybe it does 20% more damage but lowers it's chance to crit by 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    Glyph of Prayers of Mending
    25% of the amount healed by Prayers of Mending will be healed every second over 6 seconds. the amount of charges by PoM is reduced by 1 also this can stack up to 3 times.
    i believe mine was very thoughtful in positive / negitive way with adjusting the spell. this is similiar to glyph of renew. people always had issues with PoM not reaching the 5th charge. but also converting the 5th charge to a follow up heal over time is also nice. adjusting the effectiveness and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    i believe mine was very thoughtful in positive / negitive way with adjusting the spell. this is similiar to glyph of renew. people always had issues with PoM not reaching the 5th charge. but also converting the 5th charge to a follow up heal over time is also nice. adjusting the effectiveness and longevity.
    you could have it heal 15% more and lose 1 charge, the current PoM glyph adds one charge.. but in my experience it hardly ever jumps more than 3 times unless everyone is taking damage. it usually settles on someone not taking any damage/shielded/immune and its wasted.

dropping 1 charge would mean a 20% reduction, if you then increase the heal by 20% it would not be any choice for alot of priests, they would take this over anything in an instance, provided they heal ofcourse. 15% seems a nice amount, but thats just me, i think this is something similar to the renew glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    Inner Focus - No Crit Bonus but -1 min Cooldown
    Power Infusion - Also increases Melee Haste and all power cost
    Power Infusion - Also grants 100% spirit regen while casting
    Pain Suppression - +40% dispel resistance
    Pain Suppression - Immune to All "Physical" Debuffs for duration
    Shadowform - Increase Movement speed by 15%, Attacks and spells have additional 5% chance to miss you
    Vampiric Embrace - Affects entire raid but only heals 50% as much.
    Vampiric Touch - If dispelled transfers 1000 mana from the dispeller to the caster
    Vampiric Touch - Also applies Vampiric Embrace
    Vampiric Touch - Reduces Range to 10 yards, Instant Cast, deals damage equal to 50% of DoT instantly, +10s Cooldown.
    Greater Heal - Refreshes the duration of Renew
    Greater Heal - Chance to fully heal the target
    Greater Heal - Grants +1000 total Life for 10 seconds
    Greater Heal - Heals for 10% of original heal after 5 seconds.
    Desperate Prayer - Reduce mana cost by 100%, increase cooldown by 100%
    Binding Heal - Next damaging attack against either caster or healed target is split evenly between Priest and Target
    Binding Heal - Target gains additional mana at the same rate as caster for next 5 seconds.
    Mana Burn - Reduces all mana gaining effects by 50% for 10 seconds.
    Mind Blast - Refreshes the duration on Vampiric Touch
    Mind Blast - Destroys mana equal to 10% of damage
    now thats some braincrunching! i think i love them all..

wunderbar!

15+ Year Old Account

Pain suppression - removes all debuffs when used on yourself making you immune for 3 seconds (can only be removed by md) but thats all it does in that case. Used on others is the normal effect.

Desperate prayer - adds 5% (may be adjjusted) back in mana when used but increases cd to 5 min.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.