Page 1 of 2
LastLast

THE profession topic

Ok I just wanted to know what each profession profits the maker only!

For example in tbc enchanters benfit for enchanting rings, bs/tailoring/leatherworking benefit from making BoP items etc...

I would LOVE to know what each profession profits the maker only in WOTLK!

#1 Alchemy
    #2 Blacksmithing
    #3 Enchanting
    #4 Engineering
    #5 Herbalism
    #6 Inscription
    #7 Jewelcrafting
    #8 Leatherworking
    #9 Mining
    #10 Skinning
    #11 Tailoring

You dont need to answer all of them, only answer the one you know 100%

Re: THE profession topic

I'll give you a rough oversight over what I know

-Alchemy : Alchemist stones, longer duration of flasks and elixirs, potions in arena.
    -Blacksmithing : Extra sockets, an im sure some BoP items will be available for the Blackmsithers.
    -Enchanting : BoP wands, ring enchants.
    -Engineering: BoP googles (headpiece), some fun tools along with self enchants for capes, boots and more.
    -Herbalism: A self heal.
    -Inscription: Extra glyph, BoP offhands and shoulder self enchant.
    -Jewelcrafting: Trinkets, own better gems.
    -Leatherworking: BoP leg enchant, and imba bracer enchant and im sure BoP items will come.
    -Mining: Stam buff for self.
    -Skinning: A buff adding crit rating to yourself.
    -Tailoring: BoP mount, BoP items , BoP spellthread and BoP items

Hope it helps.

Imaginerium pretty much said it all however, the stam on mining was changed to 500 health (on ptr at 70 375 skill) and engineering has the BoE motorbike.

Alchemist stones: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44323
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44322
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44324

Tailor: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=60971

Sorry, but I'm in a hurry so thats all I had time to link, but you can find most / all on WoWhead !

Tailor- Increased chance to find cloth on mobs. Yeah thats right, tailors will be holding the bandage/cloth market in WOTLK DDD

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=43876
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

Cloth isn't even a thing in WotLK. It literally pours off mobs into my backpack. Sometimes, I run out of room. No, the main drawback for Tailoring right now is the secondary farming items that it takes to craft Tailoring items. I'm having a hell of a time getting to 395, just because Northsea Pearls are ridiculously hard to find.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

I'm glad it helped

Inscription, the extra glyph was removed. They now get very powerfull, very cheap to get, shoulder enchants. And they can craft BOP spell damage offhand frill.

Deleted

Regarding the extra sockets BS brings, how is determined wich colour of socket it will be?

Im not 100% sure, but I've heard u can have any colour, exept metas, but you wont get any socket bonus no matter what.

The socket you create with BS will have no colour, and will have no socket bonus, however it is a free gem slot to help you reach your socket bonuses on other items easier.

are there any news about the weapon sockets if they will be for the BS only?

Can anyone confirm with 100% certainty that at level 80 and maximum inscription you don't have an extra major glyph slot?

As it stands... this profession looks to be worthless for most classes. (The shoulder enchants while great, are also not as viable for tanks as other professions.)

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    Can anyone confirm with 100% certainty that at level 80 and maximum inscription you don't have an extra major glyph slot?

As it stands... this profession looks to be worthless for most classes. (The shoulder enchants while great, are also not as viable for tanks as other professions.)
    are there no shoulder enchants liek from scryer and aldor in wotlk or is it just from inscript? the only way the inscrip ones wuld be woth lvling an entire prof for is if there were none imo

Engineering has no benefit.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by imgoochdeep
    are there no shoulder enchants liek from scryer and aldor in wotlk or is it just from inscript? the only way the inscrip ones wuld be woth lvling an entire prof for is if there were none imo
    The Hodir Brotherhood guys (or whatever those Giants are called) sell the Shoulder Enchants, but even the max level enchant are only half as potent as the Inscription Enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by imgoochdeep
    The Sons of Hodir northrend faction gives shoulder enchants, the same way that the aldor/scryer ones work.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...scriptions.jpg

EDIT: You beat me to it while I looked for the link.

Does anyone know if armorsmiths can socket their chest with a new meta socket, as promised months ago, or did that not come to fruition?

It's not implemented (same with Weaponsmiths socketing their weapons), but the data is still in the game files, AFAIK.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara