Thread: Shaman in Arena

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Shaman in Arena

    Looking at level 80 and the 3 specs how does shaman look like its gonna do?

  2. #2

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    elem - no clue

    enhance - suck

    resto - suck in smaller brackets better in 5s

  3. #3

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Looking at level 80 and the 3 specs how does shaman look like its gonna do?
    most likely

    2's representation among all 3 specs 2k or higher = 0
    3's representation among all 3 specs 2k or higher = 0 ele, 2 enhance, 2 resto
    5's representation among all 3 specs 2k or higher = 0 ele, 3 enhance, 3 resto

    edit note here: these are not percentages, but numbers


  4. #4

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    most likely

    2's representation among all 3 specs 2k or higher = 0
    3's representation among all 3 specs 2k or higher = 0 ele, 2 enhance, 2 resto
    5's representation among all 3 specs 2k or higher = 0 ele, 3 enhance, 3 resto

    edit note here: these are not percentages, but numbers

    You think we are gonna do that much better in LK than BC?

  5. #5

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Elemental: So far, people seem to tear them up pretty easily if their team can't protect them, or the Shaman has no clue about how to evade their assailants. However, if left to cast, they can make quick work of tight-groups, Rogues, and Warriors.

    Enhancement: I almost never see them in Arena for some reason. The ones I do are either absolutely terrible, and get slapped down in the starting minute or so, or they tear everyone else to shreds in a similar amount of time. The good ones that use Hex at appropriate times, cast when smart to do so, and use their totems wisely, will almost always tear through the competition. The balance is still very shaky, but when they finalize it, I hope the good players can still bring the intensity that they have brought to beta matches.

    Restoration: It's hard for me to be unbiased, since I heal in beta arena, but I'll try. Shaman can heal through damn near anything now. Riptide alone can be enough to make the case for Restoration Shaman, but it doesn't end there. Take for example the standard 2v2 teams. The standard healer vs damage class until one healer starts to die and pulls their team mate back for protection. With Ancestral Awakening, the Shaman is healing their damage class the entire time as they crit-heal themselves. With the lack of a proper stunlock build, Shaman healers have taken a central spotlight in arena. Druids still piss everyone off in 2v2, but when looking at 3v3 or 5v5, I think you're going to be impressed at just how incredible a Shaman can perform. Riptide is great for a quick insta-heal as you run LoS circuits around the chaos. Hell, even the little Earthliving procs can really add up in a evenly matched brawl.

    Final Word: Shaman are good, and sometimes great. It really depends on what class(es) you run with, and the synergy/gimmcks you present to the opposition.


    P.S.- While rare in PvP, beware the Frost DK. With every patch they get buffed, and they're becoming more and more obnoxious in arena as time goes on. I have trouble adapting to their bullshit slows, freezing, and Icy Touch crits, so be ready for anything.

  6. #6

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Ele:
    3's, 5's - great potential with astral shift, thunderstorm, hex and awesome burst dmg (did just fine in bc)

    Hance:
    3's, 5's - players did fine with warrior/hance/heal combos. Hex, earthbind totem, wolves imo offer some help

    Restoonly played with crap off spec gear a few times)
    2's - seen skilled resto/warrior combos do fine.
    3's, 5's - All healers have potential. Once again hex, and some hots introduced in wotlk.

    In general - Hex could offer some shutdown with maybe a rogue/mage/lock.
    Sap, blind, gouge, kidney/sheep, frost nova/fear to hex. Could shutdown one target while others gets bursted down (hance and ele could both burst quite well alone).

    This all being said about players that have "skill".

    Edit:
    Yes numbers are low for arena, but skilled shamans are out there.

  7. #7

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Ida
    Ele:
    3's, 5's - great potential with astral shift, thunderstorm, hex and awesome burst dmg (did just fine in bc)

    Hance:
    3's, 5's - players did fine with warrior/hance/heal combos. Hex, earthbind totem, wolves imo offer some help

    Restoonly played with crap off spec gear a few times)
    2's - seen skilled resto/warrior combos do fine.
    3's, 5's - All healers have potential. Once again hex, and some hots introduced in wotlk.

    In general - Hex could offer some shutdown with maybe a rogue/mage/lock.
    Sap, blind, gouge, kidney/sheep, frost nova/fear to hex. Could shutdown one target while others gets bursted down (hance and ele could both burst quite well alone).

    This all being said about players that have "skill".

    Edit:
    Yes numbers are low for arena, but skilled shamans are out there.
    elemental did not do fine in 3's, and only marginal in 5's.

  8. #8

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    elemental did not do fine in 3's, and only marginal in 5's.
    Fine not Extraordinary

  9. #9

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Ida
    Fine not Extraordinary
    elementals in 3's were not fine. They are way, way below average.

    http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...specs/3v3.html


  10. #10

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    elementals in 3's were not fine. They are way, way below average.
    I watched
    Rogue(brother), Ele(brother), and some random priest hit 1800 in one night in s3 so don't tell me they were "way below average".



  11. #11

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Ida
    I watched
    Rogue(brother), Ele(brother), and some random priest hit 1800 in one night in s3 so don't tell me they were "way below average".


    in before "BCZ 1800 RTNIG IS SRSZ BZNISZ"

    i hit 1800 in 3v3 too, with 2 chars(s3 tho, never played again since s4). eleshaman was pretty hard and i had to have proper combo, druid was relatively easy compared to shaman, and i didnt have to have cookiecutter setup.


  12. #12

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Ida
    I watched
    Rogue(brother), Ele(brother), and some random priest hit 1800 in one night in s3 so don't tell me they were "way below average".



    Rofl you have no arena experience with your shaman and have plenty of bg gear.Your credibility to talk about ele shamans in arena is now officially bagged up.You dont even play arena with him at all your 2s team dont exist,your 3s team has no team members and your 5s is also non existent.

    I on the other hand have a 2k rated resto shaman in season 4 and i played season 3 as elemental and can tell you first hand that elemental is seriously gimped in arena.

    Oh and btw hitting 1800 is not a big deal and dont prove much.You need to link me a bunch of elemental shaman above 2k in 3s if you want your credibility reestablished,but observing and speaking dont prove much of anything,as anyone can make up seeing stuff.

    Check out every tournament that has occured for money in the past few months not a single shaman has won any of them,and only one resto shaman even made it in the top 20.

    A link to my armoury

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hammer&n=Deuss

  13. #13

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    in before "BCZ 1800 RTNIG IS SRSZ BZNISZ"

    i hit 1800 in 3v3 too, with 2 chars(s3 tho, never played again since s4). eleshaman was pretty hard and i had to have proper combo, druid was relatively easy compared to shaman, and i didnt have to have cookiecutter setup.

    for the most part, there are no 3's cookie cutter combo for elemental... best combo I actually found in 3's was disc priest, lock, and ele. But truthfully only as long as you got ruins where you hung out in the room, and as soon as other team attacked, other 2 rotated fears while ele just spammed damage.

    also, at 1800, that's where all the "serious" players go, and when you see all the wand and pet macro's come into play. Thus extremely difficult to go beyond that - as the numbers show.

  14. #14

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    I love these posts arguing about arena teams and yelling over numbers that have no bearing on the OP's question about WotLK.

    Tangent Thread is Tangent


  15. #15

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    2on2: Druid + enha is just fine, 2,2k viable. So is Resto + Warrior. Elemental is pretty fucked tho.

    3on3: Druid + enha + warrior/rog are 2,2k viable, also saw some kickass druid enha warlock movie while ago. Resto shaman does also fine with ret+warrior and any dual healer + warrior setup. Elemental is pretty fucked tho.

    5on5: Enha does well in cleave setups, elemental is still mandatory for burst teams like 2345, resto does well in almost any setup you can imagine.

    All in all enha is doing just fine, it's just hard to find proper teammates cause people think it sucks. Resto is also 2,2k viable in all 3 brackets. Elemental is propably the one doing worst right now, pretty much no way in hell to get even weapon in 2's or 3's, but there are some nice setups in 5's.

    Yea, I'm talking about current situation. I'd imagine it's pretty much the same in WotLK aswell, maybe a bit more viable setups tho since you can assist with CC with Hex.

    P.S Hitting 1800 is nothing, I've boosted s1/2 geared people to 1800 in one night during this season. Elemental shamans are not fine, they are actually below average in 2's and 3's.

  16. #16

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    melee-enhance-healer wont work at all i think, the thing that made a huge diffrence on that team was the wf totem, wich is now total bullshit in pvp imo

  17. #17

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    2on2: Druid + enha is just fine, 2,2k viable. So is Resto + Warrior. Elemental is pretty fucked tho.

    3on3: Druid + enha + warrior/rog are 2,2k viable, also saw some kickass druid enha warlock movie while ago. Resto shaman does also fine with ret+warrior and any dual healer + warrior setup. Elemental is pretty fucked tho.

    5on5: Enha does well in cleave setups, elemental is still mandatory for burst teams like 2345, resto does well in almost any setup you can imagine.

    All in all enha is doing just fine, it's just hard to find proper teammates cause people think it sucks. Resto is also 2,2k viable in all 3 brackets. Elemental is propably the one doing worst right now, pretty much no way in hell to get even weapon in 2's or 3's, but there are some nice setups in 5's.

    Yea, I'm talking about current situation. I'd imagine it's pretty much the same in WotLK aswell, maybe a bit more viable setups tho since you can assist with CC with Hex.

    P.S Hitting 1800 is nothing, I've boosted s1/2 geared people to 1800 in one night during this season. Elemental shamans are not fine, they are actually below average in 2's and 3's.
    2's and 3's I agree with you about elemental, however, as it stands right now, elementals are also fucked in 5's. Hard to justify good burst dps when they are doing prot damage. Add that with the minimal time left until LK comes out, the most likely scenario is that they just bandaid elemental damage up, and thus they will get left beind the curve yet again, making them the least viable spec in all of WoW.

  18. #18

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    shaman+ warrior in 2-2 should be able do good burst damage if warrior in something like this build
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...12030000000000

    41% speed haste with imp wf totem should work fine

  19. #19

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite
    shaman+ warrior in 2-2 should be able do good burst damage if warrior in something like this build
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...12030000000000

    41% speed haste with imp wf totem should work fine
    you'll see that haste in lower brackets, but it will disappear in higher brackets almost automatically.

  20. #20

    Re: Shaman in Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    2's and 3's I agree with you about elemental, however, as it stands right now, elementals are also fucked in 5's. Hard to justify good burst dps when they are doing prot damage. Add that with the minimal time left until LK comes out, the most likely scenario is that they just bandaid elemental damage up, and thus they will get left beind the curve yet again, making them the least viable spec in all of WoW.
    Indeed. Annoys me like hell, really, since one of my chars is ele and I've got no enh or resto gear to switch to >
    - Hand: n., A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody's pocket. - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •