Ret Paladin in PvE

Alright, so you probably heard this before, however Im gonna make a post about it again... Feel free to not apply if you think it's bull...

Anyways, I made my paladin in the good old days before all of this shitty dps competition started... Back then I wanted to play a holy warrior with a big sword ;D
    Thats not happening in TBC, which is to my great dissapointment, and many others too...

So, now I would like to hear from someone who actually know something about this, not just someone who has got alot of great ideas and opinions...

Will ret paladins be viable in PvE in Wotlk? What I mean is, will we get our dps spot and will ppl wanna bring us? I know they are not balanced yet, and tbh I dont care if im nr. 1 or nr. 7 on the dam. meter I just want to get a fair chance of joining a raid, as everyone else.

Is this gonna be possible, or do all of you palas out there think we will be pushed back to the world of pvp?

Thanks for applying all

Re: Ret Paladin in PvE

If you'd like to know more, read this and this.

If you aren't looking for statements by blizzard developers, but want my subjective opinion, I think a ret paladin with equal gear and skill will have a fair shot. I think having a positive attitude, patient nature, and friendly disposition will be what earns your invite.

Quote Originally Posted by christine1000
    Alright, so you probably heard this before, however Im gonna make a post about it again... Feel free to not apply if you think it's bull...

Anyways, I made my paladin in the good old days before all of this shitty dps competition started... Back then I wanted to play a holy warrior with a big sword ;D
    Thats not happening in TBC, which is to my great dissapointment, and many others too...

So, now I would like to hear from someone who actually know something about this, not just someone who has got alot of great ideas and opinions...

Will ret paladins be viable in PvE in Wotlk? What I mean is, will we get our dps spot and will ppl wanna bring us? I know they are not balanced yet, and tbh I dont care if im nr. 1 or nr. 7 on the dam. meter I just want to get a fair chance of joining a raid, as everyone else.

Is this gonna be possible, or do all of you palas out there think we will be pushed back to the world of pvp?

Thanks for applying all
    If all we need is number 7, I think we're solid. Provided any reduction in our current damage (burst?) is compensated for by increasing our sustained output in some way.

If you're looking for number 1, then I think that this is not the class you're looking for. Unless you're running with worse players or lesser geared players, that is.

There have been -several- posts asking this exact same question. Read the forums before you post ><

SoM seems to give a sustained dps output, don't really see too much of a prob