"1 potion for fight & mana reagen" how will work mana in WOTLK?

I heared when expansion hit we have ability to use only 1 potion for each fight, i know healers who can use like 4/5 potions for fight how this will work after expansion? WHat is the solution for this problem, someone can give me some more info? Thanks

Re: "1 potion for fight & mana reagen" how will work mana in WOTLK?

for level 80 you will find that the class mechanics and fight setups will essentially mean that the 'one pot a fight' limit will not be a big deal just another thing to think about.

To sort this for lvl 70 content blizzard think tanks went away for three weeks to a remote location. created focus groups, spent millions.... and then reduced the health of all raid mobs by 30%, job done.

lol
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

What blizz tried to do is that not 1 specific class is needed to Buff the raid. For when it comes to mana you have shadow priest who where the first class who gave mana back to there party. The mechanics have changed and it is now raid wide. Aswell that not only a SP will give mana back but also a retri paladin aswell as a survival hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Simqn
    for level 80 you will find that the class mechanics and fight setups will essentially mean that the 'one pot a fight' limit will not be a big deal just another thing to think about.

To sort this for lvl 70 content blizzard think tanks went away for three weeks to a remote location. created focus groups, spent millions.... and then reduced the health of all raid mobs by 30%, job done.

lol
    I don't know if you're in the beta or not, but for some classes, its very much a big deal. This nerf, plus the downranking nerf hur Shaman I know. I'm not sure about the other classes, but mana regen is currently a very large problem for resto shaman. Blues have acknowledged it at least, and hopefully they'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    I don't know if you're in the beta or not, but for some classes, its very much a big deal. This nerf, plus the downranking nerf hur Shaman I know. I'm not sure about the other classes, but mana regen is currently a very large problem for resto shaman. Blues have acknowledged it at least, and hopefully they'll fix it.
    your right, I have no idea about shaman, i play a PALLY, sorry for not being completely familiar with every type of spec and class

And if you notice i did say that i suspected and that classes would have to 'watch it'. Meaning it is an issue but it wont be class crippling, just annoying. Besides if you ask me we are too spoiled atm with if you get the right party (if i get a Spriest, and ele shaman i can spam my max rank HL almost indefinitly on normal live atm with alch stone ofc) mana almost is a non issue but in a bad party its almost too much of an issue, i welcome this normalisation. (spelling?)

Quote Originally Posted by Simqn
    your right, I have no idea about shaman, i play a PALLY, sorry for not being completely familiar with every type of spec and class
    And if you notice i did say that i suspected and that classes would have to 'watch it'.
    Chill man he was not attacking you.

The thing is raids will pay more attention to mana-provider class/spec beacause it'll compensate the lack of stuff that was previously compensated by potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Utonium
    Chill man he was not attacking you.
    lol true, though i notice you managed to take away the Smiley face i placed on the end of the first sentence where you have quoted me making me look like an angry little man instead of how it was obviously intended which was a light hearted rebuke. like soo...

what I relaized on Beta on playing my SPriest, the Manareg isnt very good in 5-man, since you gain a Buff from Vampiric Touch, which regenerates your mana at a constant amount. The buff lasts about 15 seconds. So instead of getting mana from the DMG dealt you only will gain mana equal to the duration of that buff.
    DMG done by the spriest will not raise the amount regged, but only renew the duration of the buff.
    In 25mans this can be effective, since all 25 can profit from that buff.

IF the buff from different Spriests/Rets or Hunters is NOT stackable, it wont be effective to have more that 1 or 2 in raid. Bur I cannot say if it stacks or not. Somoone who did 25 or 10 man could possibly say that.

As far as i know, all raidmembers will gain alot of passive regen through raidwide buffs:

Blessing of Wisdom: 109.2 mp5
    Mana Spring Totem: 37.5 mp2 (= 93.75 mp5)
    Replennish effect (retadin, spriest or surv hunter): 0.25% of max mana every sec, which equals 87.5 mp5 at 7k mana, 150 mp5 at 12k mana, or 200 mp5 at 16k mana. All depending on your class ofc.

This means about 300-500 passive mp5 for all raidmembers...

Sounds almost too much when i look at it, but i don't see where i made any error, so correct me if i'm wrong. I also didn't include any self-only regen abilities.

Hmmm... there's also Judgement of Wisdom, but i'm not quite sure about how it works in LK. It's gotta be manually reapplied right? ???

Deleted

who cares about mana, im more worried about only able to drink 1 health potion during the boss fight wheres lots of aoe dmg (for example najentus, bloodboil and some more), healers cant heal everyone in 1 sec. and tbh bandage is quite crap while u have dot ticking on you

@above
    You got really shitty healer if thats true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    who cares about mana, im more worried about only able to drink 1 health potion during the boss fight wheres lots of aoe dmg (for example najentus, bloodboil and some more), healers cant heal everyone in 1 sec. and tbh bandage is quite crap while u have dot ticking on you
    YOU are going to care about mana if your healer is OOM and that's why you don't get your heal...

This takes the fun out of chugging multipe haste pots in a boss encounter, even when not needed to kill the boss(ie BT farm nights) its still fun... 1 haste pot, 1 BL, 1 drum per fight... just gonna get booring i think.. to few buttons to press/CD's to watch

I tried to address group mana abilities in my post http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=19494.0

Hopefully this will let you see some mana options from other classes you might not be familiar with. It could always use more input though.