Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ret Bugged or just OP.

What i wrote was happening at level 80, with full pvp blues (premades).

But maybe i should add that it wasn't meant as "mimimimi" (QQ), since i got myself a pal on live and also does my best friend, i'm happy with the Paladins right now.

But they are broken, that's a fact and they won't leave Pal's as they are, i bet....

They are broken in the way that they need that high burst damage or they'll be a laugh again.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrayen
    Well, i'm playing a Premade Paladin, Deathknight and Warrior on Beta Battlegrounds.
    Saying Rets are fine is just not true, level 80 Paladins are also three-shotting people and got crazy utility. I've played one myself.

Here's a Screenshot from a scene at "Strand of the Ancients" (The new BG), showing 5 Pal's camping all the 10 horde players at their Graveyard, while the other 4 Alliance players won the Battleground. (9 vs 10).

There wasn't even a chance to kill one of these Paladins, you spawn, you die, they bubble, they heal.

you obviously didnt have enough paladins yourself

But they are broken, that's a fact and they won't leave Pal's as they are, i bet....
    no, your right, they wont leave them as they are now. They will nerf their skills for use at level 70, but leave level 80 near enough the same.

*To all posting after this, not aimed directly at outrayen*
    If you have just come from the PTR saying paladins are OP, then your suggesting a level 70 issue with the new skills an abilities. If you are talking about the premade chars at level 80 on the Beta, then please specify so. People seem to be getting confused. :P

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    They are broken in the way that they need that high burst damage or they'll be a laugh again.
    They don't, they got much utility, Stuns on low cooldown, and great heals and hand spells, with the changes in beta they are really really good support-dd's.

Have you played Arena on Beta Realms? The changes were good, but too much, they turned from great Suppport to one man army.

But i agree they shouldn't overdo it when nerfing them.

They don't, they got much utility, Stuns on low cooldown, and great heals and hand spells, with the changes in beta they are really really good support-dd's.

Have you played Arena on Beta Realms? The changes were good, but too much, they turned from great Suppport to one man army.

But i agree they shouldn't overdo it when nerfing them.
    I've done quite much 2on2 as Holy Paladin in the Beta and I could always keep me and my partner alive for at least 5 minutes against Ret/DD combos, even with their uber awesome burst of overpowerdness.

I've done quite much 2on2 as Holy Paladin in the Beta and I could always keep me and my partner alive for at least 5 minutes against Ret/DD combos, even with their uber awesome burst of overpowerdness.
    ]

Please o' Please tell me your suggesting that ret paladins aren't overpowered, as opposed to the idea that holy paladins are overpowered....

*cries a little*

LordSidious

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    People are delirious if they think Ret is balanced in its current state.

At level 80 Paladins regularly crit for 2-3k whites, and 4k specials, which they have 3 of on ~10 second cooldowns. On top of that they do even MORE damage if their target is stunned, which they can do every 20 seconds with the right spec/gear. And remember this is on 800 resilience (roughly the same level of crit chance and crit damage reduction as 400 at 70).

And the most annoying thing is they can bubble and chase you around still hitting for ridiculous numbers while you just sit there with your thumbs up your ass.

I think a class that can stun me repeatedly with an opener and almost drop me WHILE I am stunned is OP...oh wait thats rogues..and they have always been that way.

I think its OP that a class can sheep me and then charge up a pyroblast and then have several other nukes lined up to kill me at range and I cant do anything.

I think its OP that warlocks can dot me up..fear me..I can trinket out of fear and chase them and they can just continue dotting me up until I die.

I think warriors being immune to fear basically is OP. Not to mention becoming Superman and charging halfway across the map and then spamming hamstring so you can never run away from them.

See from my perspective, all of those abilities are OP and not 'balanced'.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    People are delirious if they think Ret is balanced in its current state.

At level 80 Paladins regularly crit for 2-3k whites, and 4k specials, which they have 3 of on ~10 second cooldowns. On top of that they do even MORE damage if their target is stunned, which they can do every 20 seconds with the right spec/gear. And remember this is on 800 resilience (roughly the same level of crit chance and crit damage reduction as 400 at 70).

And the most annoying thing is they can bubble and chase you around still hitting for ridiculous numbers while you just sit there with your thumbs up your ass.
    This guy's right. You're blind not to see that they're radically overpowered. All of my good paladin friends will admit that they're way too good. Blizzard admits that they're way too good. It's only really crappy players who still cling onto the illusion that it's their skill making them dominate right now and not a broken class mechanic.

EDIT: But you know what? It's not even worth arguing this right now since Blizzard already realizes it and is taking steps to fix the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Epochries
    ]

Please o' Please tell me your suggesting that ret paladins aren't overpowered, as opposed to the idea that holy paladins are overpowered....

*cries a little*
    Being able to survive against a 2DD team is nothing special, ever played Warrior/Druid vs. Rogue/Mage? Those matches can take ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    This guy's right. You're blind not to see that they're radically overpowered. All of my good paladin friends will admit that they're way too good. Blizzard admits that they're way too good. It's only really crappy players who still cling onto the illusion that it's their skill making them dominate right now and not a broken class mechanic.

EDIT: But you know what? It's not even worth arguing this right now since Blizzard already realizes it and is taking steps to fix the problem...
    I'm not even playing a Ret Paladin on PTR/in the Beta... I'm just outhealing them with both my copied Druid and Premade Paladin.

Holy Paladin's are probably the best PvP Healers right now. But you know what Ret/DD Combos are doing to Druids, Priests, Shamans? *G*

Also 2n2 is a crappy bracket for Support classes.

I'm not saying "QQ NERF RET TO USELESSNESS", but they need quite a bit of toning down.

once again only morons that play op classes point the finger at ret pallies for being op. if you ever played one at 70 you would realize that ret is not op. it is not on live right now or the ptr. prob is people keep standing still when fighting one. move around and kite them. yes ret did get buffed that is why mediocre players are pissed that they can't beat one by useing a simple faceroll like they use to. i have seen mages,rogues,locks,and even moonkins own ret on the ptr. l2p and stfu that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jindwa
    once again only morons that play op classes point the finger at ret pallies for being op. if you ever played one at 70 you would not that ret is not op. it is not on live right now or the ptr. prob is people keep standing still when fighting one. move around and kite them. yes ret did get buffed that is why mediocre players are pissed that they can't beat one by useing a simple faceroll like they use to. i have seen mages,rogues,locks,and even moonkins own ret on the ptr. l2p and stfu that is all.
    *sigh* This was just stupid... and it's about Beta and lvl 80, not live, not Ptr.

*sigh* This was just stupid... and it's about Beta and lvl 80, not live, not Ptr.
    sigh you are the stupid one. i have been ret ever since the game came out. i never once spec holy or prot. i think i know a little more then the retards qqing on this thread. ret is not op. like i said before i bet that the classes that are qqing "ret is so op omfg" are warlocks,mages,huntards,rogues, druids. people are pissed of that ret is finally more competitive and they can't take it

Holy Paladin's are probably the best PvP Healers right now. But you know what Ret/DD Combos are doing to Druids, Priests, Shamans? *G*

Also 2n2 is a crappy bracket for Support classes.

I'm not saying "QQ NERF RET TO USELESSNESS", but they need quite a bit of toning down.
    Compare them to Elemental Shamans in 3on3 for example, I don't see Ret Paladin being on the advantage on either burst or support, both classes can do some crazy burst damage, both classes have a long cooldown short duration CC, both classes have some nice group support, both classes can heal quite fine, both classes are very CCable - On live I've been killed by an Elemental Shaman in an Intercept Stun in full PvP gear with Fortitude and Blessing of Kings last week but that doesn't make Elementals overpowered because they need it.

Someone joins a battle, retri owns him, he leaves.
    Someone else joins a battle, retri owns him, he leaves.
    (...)
    Battle ends. Ret has 114 killing blows.

Why? Because all people on PTR and beta just want to grab their toon, go on BG and wtfpwn everyone. They find out they can't, they go emo mode.

So sorry, ret is 114x better than you.
    Saying it for the 4th time now:
    The Paladin in the Screenshot exploited a bug to multiply his weapon damage.

I lolled. Did someone say "Self contradiction" ?

As no one seems to notice the difference:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6...8121711dv8.jpg

- Zynthia: Non-bugged

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9...8121713gh0.jpg

- Shalley: Bugged

Quote Originally Posted by Jindwa
    sigh you are the stupid one. i have been ret ever since the game came out. i never once spec holy or prot. i think i know a little more then the retards qqing on this thread. ret is not op. like i said before i bet that the classes that are qqing "ret is so op omfg" are warlocks,mages,huntards,rogues, druids. people are pissed of that ret is finally more competitive and they can't take it
    Ret is not OP live, but on beta they are, i'm Ret Pal / Enh Shaman myself on live realms, and i know how to play them (3 times Glad)... I'm not seeing what's your point? You even played Beta?

And you can't comapre Ret to Elemental, because Casts are a lot easier to avoid than Paladin dmg, especially when Rogues / DK's / etc. are involved, also i don't see the really nice group support from elementals in pvp (Only bloodlust is really good).

Ret is not OP live, but on beta they are, i'm Ret Pal / Enh Shaman myself on live realms, and i know how to play them (3 times Glad)... I'm not seeing what's your point? You even played Beta?

And you can't comapre Ret to Elemental, because Casts are a lot easier to avoid than Paladin dmg, especially when Rogues / DK's / etc. are involved, also i don't see the really nice group support from elementals in pvp (Only bloodlust is really good).
    3 times glads, guess what i don't give 2 shits. second a person who is glad won't being writing stupid shit on threads like he just ebayed his account. third people posting pics of ret pallies topping charts in bgs equals lol. I top charts in bgs all the time on my ret pally now. that does not prove they are op. all it proves is that the ret pally went on a farming spree.

Let me see...
    4 Totems each giving an individual group buff
    Purge
    Heroism
    Elemental Oath (6% Spell Crit)

I wouldn't call that bad support.

And as still no one seems to get it, here are my Screenshots again where you can see the difference between bugged (like in the OP's Screenshot) and non-bugged:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6...8121711dv8.jpg

- Zynthia: Non-bugged

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9...8121713gh0.jpg

- Shalley: Bugged