Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ret Pallys have been robbed

Quote Originally Posted by Fortoss
    All ur points are valid but what does that have to do with Blizz simplifying Ret. Paladins are defined as a Defensive Class by Blizz themselves. Being viable dps was an accomplishment. Not like playing the piano or anything.
    Paladins were defined as a Defensive class. We all know how out of date the actual descriptions of the classes are. Come on, they have Shaman's as "secondary tanks" and the gathering/use of soul shards is a "challenge" for Warlocks.

Times change, things change, and rolls change; either deal with it or GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Tast u need a hug? GTFO? How about STFU if you can't have an decent conversation about the subject.

Trying to be hard on the internetz makes me lol. :P

do you want to compare some apples with cocacola? oO PVE =|= PVP not more guys!
    whats more hard, is absolute objective opinion!
    in pve and pvp you just smashes buttons in an order you believe its most effective.

Tast u need a hug? GTFO? How about STFU if you can't have an decent conversation about the subject.
    Perhaps I'm just getting tired of all the crying. Before the Beta and the PTR, before Wrath, it was so much more pleasant reading MMO forums. There were useful strategies, hints, tips and ideas shared between players. We all got excited about new zones, new raids and new loot equally. Now that we're going through an adjustment in predefined rolls it seems be be 90% crying and 10% reason.

The usual complaints:

X Class/Spec is OP
    X Class/Spec is Under Powered
    X Class doesn't do enough dps/heals
    X Class does too much dps/heals
    X Class doesn't tank as well as Y and Z class.
    X Class is harder to play now.
    X Class is easier to play now.
    LoL Blizz loves Casuals
    Pures vs. Hybrids
    Arena vs. Raiding

Really, can't we all just get along like we used to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

We've ever gotten along?
    We are each but one, an individual who can make choices for themselves.

But together we are many, a great force to which no one can deny.

Perhaps it is time we choose to use that force to improve the world.

Let's make freedom reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafinator
    It takes skill to play a Ret Pally. If you have never played one, you have no right to say I'm wrong about it.

I have played 3 classes to 70 and a few others to 30-40ish.

With Ret you have a few more "combo" situations, judgement timing, GCD awareness, PPM and RNG considerations based on swing timers. You have to stay in melee range, remove snares, remain mobile, reduce your opponent to 100% speed so your 115% closes the gap (lol).

There is a ton more coordination than a lot of classes.

I haven't played Beta or PTR but from what I have heard and from what the OP is saying, it seems like you can be a little more of a face roller now with Ret.

So in the past when we said "Hey, our class takes skill Mr. Warlock smash face into keyboard fear and Dotter!" Now we (seem to be) almost as bad?

We shall see.
    to be honest and no offence in any way to any Ret pally but please do not delude yourself that it is harder than some classes to play, need an example? Afliction Lock in PVE. Now i know they messed up their scalings but that asside keeping up ALL dots all the time with as little overlap as possibles over a 10 minute fight where no macro on earth could script it is a real challenge.

Watching for your 8 second judgement and 6 second instant to come up no offence is not skill, its just awareness and popping CDs
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

OK whats harder, finding 1-2-4 guys that aren't retarded to PVP with or finding 24 other people that aren't retarded to raid with.

I think raiding is 100 times harder then PVP.... lawl

Retribution paladin on live right now is a far from easy in either PVP or PVE.

In PVE (if you are on horde side) the most effective way to DPS is seal twisting, and now that involves staring at the swing timer and timing SoB to hit almost exactly when it hits 0, and you need to make sure you use CS on every CD and so adjust your rotation aproprietly, you then need to weave judgment in there whenever you can all the while being aware of where the boss is, what the boss is casting and where he is facing, and how much HP you have.
    And you also need to be aware of your CD and need to use them whenever they are up.
    Imagine doing all the above in SWP on M'uru and Twins, I can tell you its far from easy.

In PVP its also not as easy as people make it out to be, you don't just go in judge crusade hammer away and hit avenging wrath whenever the CDs are up.
    No, you evaluate the situation, you put BoP on a healer that is getting zerged by the rogues, you hammer the attackers if necessary, you BoF a warrior if he needs it, you use sacrifice on other players to keep yourself free of CC, you need be ready to judge justice on a druid so he doesn't escape.
    And all the while you also need to keep yourself in melee range and burst as much as possible, what I've said applies for both BGs and Arena and again it isn't as easy as it sounds.

Paladins aren't getting robbed of anything, in PVE I've been seal twisting already for 3 months and I'd give that up for a more normal rotation of CS, Judgment and Divine storm that doesn't involve so much concentration and lets me be even more aware of the situation at hand.
    In PVP you don't lose anything, again you still need to know who to repent/hammer at the right time, who to HoF and HoS, who to HoP, when to burst and when to play defensive.
    Only difference is that we are getting some extra tools to get the job done.

The new changes have simplified this spec to really hunter lvl.
    Well, I will be satisfied if this intend to be a leveling up to hunters dps too ;D

The new changes have simplified this spec to really hunter lvl. The skills needed to make a defensive class viable as DPS has been childproofed. I've read the reasons so say what you want. No more will it be an achievement to become a viable ret pally.
    Acctually, you're going to have to mash more buttons to do your job to the fullest come WotLK, hence more of your attention and focus diverted into playing your class then the acctual encounter. Bigger chance of mistakes, sure... better dmg but more interactive.
    What I'm getting at is: All classes get more buttons and effects to keep track of, making it harder to be at peak preformance I.E making it harder to play a Retpaladin in WotLK.

Wierd Logic Dump Accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    Did you forget "We want Warrior gear!", they get warrior gear "Our warrior gear has no Int. on it! We can't dps! Retri is deadz!"
    Im sorry, did you forget how long retri paladin was neglected from blizzard, how many patches was called that will be "paladin patch", how many years of w8ing for plate with good INT AND SPELL dmg, how many year for resielience on retri gear etc etc. Paladin is 1 of classes which deserve attention atleast now in SECOND XPACK.

Lets get things straight:

1- OP whine is idiotic.

2- PvE is not about skill, its about coordination (and having a clue - AKA knowing the correct order in which you should be pressing buttons)
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara
    Which is why only an insanely small % of wow players have killed content Illidan+ right?
    Yeah, pve, no challenge @ all.

It's much easier than wtf pwning some 12 year old in arenas who doesn't know wtf they are doing.

Sarcasm, can you notice it?
    Killing Illidan or KJ doesnt get you $12,000 though.

The new changes have simplified this spec to really hunter lvl. The skills needed to make a defensive class viable as DPS has been childproofed. I've read the reasons so say what you want. No more will it be an achievement to become a viable ret pally.
    shut up. hunters are very easy to play, extremely hard to master. timing is everything, same with ret. think on your feet to be truly successful in the end game (which guess what, ISNT HERE anymore). no class/spec should have to fight for acceptance. this is blizzards fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulos
    Killing Illidan or KJ doesnt get you $12,000 though.
    OH. Burn.

that settles it folks, PVP>PVE.

i mean lets face it, it gets a little old killing the same mobs over and over.

But pwning Noobs... That never gets old.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...