Inscription useful for anyone besides casters?

As it stands... only thing that non-casters stand to gain is the ability to sell glyphs and the shoulder enchants (and those aren't really that great compared to BS/JC for tanks).

With the loss of the 3rd major glyph (as far as I know it's still unconfirmed). Is it worth taking inscriptions on anything but an alt?

I haven't been on the Beta in a while, so sorry if this is outdated. :-)

Re: Inscription useful for anyone besides casters?

i'm a caster, and i don't find inscription useful :'(

I'm 450/450 on the beta.. and only cool thing i found is the shoulder enchant... but i had to get rid of the alch trinket to get it.

unless inscription is buffed, there is no way in hell i would ever drop alch for it on live.

I'm trying to figure out professions for a ret paly/prot paly in wrath.

currently thinking either herbal alch or BS/mining unless inscriptions is buffed.

(originally wanted that 3rd glyph!)

herb/alch is always good for any class.

i've never had a toon that was a blacksmith before... so i really can't help in that aspect...

I don't think an extra glyph slot for being inscription would be enough to persuade me to go inscription.

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    I'm trying to figure out professions for a ret paly/prot paly in wrath.
    Hey mate,

I would strongly suggest if you are leveling a ret/prot paladin to roll blacksmithing.

Just in case you are wondering the benefits that will be available to the blacksmith only here they are:

1. The Blacksmith can add up to a total of 3 extra sockets into his gear. The amount of sockets are limited to 3 for your equipped gear. This means that you can add extra sockets to other gear that you alternate, for example PvE and PvP gear.

2. You can craft variable amounts of BoP armor peices and weapons which will obviously only be available to you (or other blacksmiths =D) This gear is very good for BOTH Retribuion and Protection specs.

3. It is also a very good money making skill even though people do not look at it in that way. I am a blacksmith and over time, I have managed to make over 500g from the ONE BoE epic pattern that i have acquired. (Belt of the Guardian)

As you can see, this may be one of the two professions that you should roll. I wouldn't recommend it for healing though.

Good luck to you anyway.
    Kuura - Warrior | Jubie'Thos
    Kuraa - Priest | Jubie'Thos
    Kuurah - Rogue | Jubie'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    currently thinking either herbal alch or BS/mining unless inscriptions is buffed.
    If you are going Protection, mining gives a +300 HP buff just in case you are not informed of this.
    Kuura - Warrior | Jubie'Thos
    Kuraa - Priest | Jubie'Thos
    Kuurah - Rogue | Jubie'Thos