Tailoring in WOTLK.

Hey.

Ive seen many patterns in wotlk for tailoring but i have also seen many exalted gear that is on par and in some cases, better than the tailoring items.

I know in TBC that tailoring as a shadow priest was very usefull and to an extent, it still is. When tbc came out i droped my herb skill to take it up.

Im wondering is it worth keeping taloring in wotlk or picking up herb again so i can farm my own pots, my servers ah is and always will be a lil inflated so i would save myself a bundle.

Personally i have no problems farming rep or herbs - since im abit of a instance farmer. So with that in mind i would lean towards dropping tailoring. What does the MMO- Champion priest communtiy think? (i do have max alc skill with almost every type of pot from tbc and pre-tbc )

Re: Tailoring in WOTLK.

IMO no main should have a gathering profession. Maxing out your potential should be #1. Even though they added unique perks to gatherers, they are not strong enough to match a crafting Profession.

The real debate is how Tailoring compares to the others - so far I have only seen a unique cloak enchant. Whether or not that is enough to outweigh the benefits from say Enchanting or Inscription relies on math that I don't care to work out.

If buying mats for your pots is the only issue, simply level yourself a alt with mining/herb or any combo you want.

Quote Originally Posted by neonanaski
    IMO no main should have a gathering profession.
    /Agree

I have been Tailor/Enchanter since lvl 1(or 5 ) and have never regretted it. However a Rogue with Mining/Herb definitly helps, especially with an Epic Flyer(had it before my main xD).

I would always go for professions that enhance the chars abilities/stats since you should try to max out what you raid with.

If your casual however or don´t have the gold for a 2. epic flyer I can relate to that decision, otherwise stay with the crafting for the main

Idd thats a very valid point.

I think i may keep tailoring then

Looks like im going to have to create an alt just for farming, prob a Rogue since its prolly a simple way to lvl up and farm gold. And my old char was a rogue, be nice to get back to melee for abit of fun.

Shame this will be my 3rd epic mount lol. 1 for the old main, 1 for this and 1 for my new rogue :P

Btw if anyones bored and fancys lvling an alt, im on Kul-Tiras Horde (EU) on Carbonic. Feel free to join lol. See if i can get to 70 before wotlk oO

Quote Originally Posted by neonanaski
    IMO no main should have a gathering profession.
    There goes the part about having fun, and not wanting to level an alt just for farming

Oh, and I think having herbalism is very well worth it in WotLK. We get +spellpower herbs.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    There goes the part about having fun, and not wanting to level an alt just for farming

Oh, and I think having herbalism is very well worth it in WotLK. We get +spellpower herbs.
    The question is, is the +spellpower herbs worth the change.
    I think in high-end raiding you should decide.
    To be simple, the only realy goot trailoring pattern in terms of raiding
    with are bop are the chest in swp. maybee the shoulders in BT but there you take t6 right....

i sill waiting on the pattern with shows the worth of Tailoring, the spelldmg entchant on cloks an the
    (okok vary stylish) carpet atm don´t satisfy me....

There are also the BoP spellthreads that you need to take into account.

Currently I am leveling a priest and I have taken up Tailoring. He is going to be shadow when I level the toon to 80. I believe that for any DPS caster or even a healer, Tailoring would have to be one of the top professions. Not to mention the flying carpet mount that is available! =D
    Kuura - Warrior | Jubie'Thos
    Kuraa - Priest | Jubie'Thos
    Kuurah - Rogue | Jubie'Thos

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, the fact that the "tailoring only" leg enchants require fewer mats to make than the tradable ones makes a nice change. Also, the epic patterns aren't max-level items anymore. You learn more towards the high end of the skill, but not right at the top.

I am also enchanting/tailoring. Though I will say I also made the mistake of first leveling a gathering profession instead (herbalism). When I changed my priest to my main I switched to gain access to the Primal Mooncloth set and Whitemend. Both carried me into SSC/TK.

Though repgrind items do look fairly nice as well, this is a good alternative. You don't have to repfarm your butt off to get some gear to tide you over until Naxx loot. You can stick with the tailoring epics. Also, something that has not been shown. Tailoring patterns dropped in raids in TBC. We haven't seen one yet in this expansion, but trust me, they will be very good and you will want them.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted

1. omg flying carpet... damn it looks so cool
    2.you should choose whatever professions you think it's more fun for you, cause that is the game all about(we all have seen what does a "needed profession" means- blizzard allready nerfed the drums so no more omg all raid members should have leatherworking)
    3.a priest especially a holy one can see many instances during his leveling, so enchanting is a good profession. Since enchanting and tailoring dont need a gathering profession you should get them both and they will help each other. You d/e tailoring useless items and you use dusts from enchanting in tailoring recipes.
    4.in wotlk tailoring also has a passive gathering skill wich will allow tailors to gather more cloth so this will also be a cool thing

considering fact 4 why would you get a gather prof if you can just sell extra cloth and buy those herbs

yes i know all professions have pluses but it doesnt worth leveling another one

I'm also a sp tailor/enchanter since april 2005... I don't have any high level alt (my highest alt is a lvl38 mage).

In BC tailoring gave us a very nice set, I'm in the end of BT and I still use my tailor set boots...
    Enchant is cool, love the +spellpower on rings... plus as Zahoan said, d/e useless tailoring items is great.
    I'm a very selfish enchanter, I never sold any enchant, and did them for free to my guildmates and friends. I consider one person in a guild having a certain enchant formula is enough.

But the thing is I want to do something new !... And I will drop enchanting and take inscription which seems fun.

So my question is: Are the tailoring patterns in WotLK good enough for a raiding sp, do they give us an advantage like in BC?
    The flying carpet is cool, but I'd prefer use my lvl60 tiger and have a good caster chest or hood than be cool flying around on a carpet full of mites...

Deleted

According to wotlk, there are the new sets of dps casters.. if they would be just as good as the old onces are now i dont know yet. here look for yourself :

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spells=11.197#0-7+1

since im unsure which stats shadowpriests should really look for in wotlk ive made the comparison of the t7 chest and the 2 craftables

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?compare=40458;42101;42102

choose for yourself, but i'd say that the craftables are nice if you dont have your t7 yet, and will be replaced by .. you guessed it.. t7

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactive
    According to wotlk, there are the new sets of dps casters.. if they would be just as good as the old onces are now i dont know yet. here look for yourself :

since im unsure which stats shadowpriests should really look for in wotlk ive made the comparison of the t7 chest and the 2 craftables

choose for yourself, but i'd say that the craftables are nice if you dont have your t7 yet, and will be replaced by .. you guessed it.. t7
    Shadow priests need spell hit and spell damage primarily. Spell crit, spell haste, and base stats secondarily.

The Ebonweave has really good hit rating. However, there is no set bonus listed as there were with Frozen Shadoweave and the like in BC. So basically, it's just a carry-over item to hold you until you can get your tier item for your sets.

If you are in BT+ gear, I would say odds are your crafting profession is going to be what you can replace some of your level 70 items with until you enter Naxx. If you're not, then your crafting profession is likely going to replace a lot of your items until that time. As the previous reply states, the choice is up to you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Who doesn't level at least one alt in this game? Who plays an entire expansion on just one toon? The simple fact that you'd miss out on BOP crafting patterns if you dedicated a crafting slot to a gathering profession. Tailoring Crafted items helped carry my Warlock through T4 - T5 and a good portion of T6 content and allowed me to save DKP for item drops that were true upgrades.

Plus, my Druid alt makes a better herbalist any way.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactive

at a short overview you dont have to many epic items to make and use, there will be one set but is blue and is from lvl 73 to lvl 78 pieces, cant be compared at all with the lvl 80 items in tbc
    spirit becomes a good sp stat in wotlk especially if you take some talents in discipline, but you will not have spirit in ebonweave wich are the best items for sp imo
    tailoring will not be as good for high level as it was in tbc, it will probabily help you level with blue 70+ items if you dont have better allready. Anyway this would be something new because untill now i have rarely used crafted items while leveling since i could allways get better from drop in instances. IMO blizzard is abandonning the profession ideea of helping you gear up while you level and at the final destination(max level).